Chapter 9

"So this is your place?" Cheri asked while sipping her wine. "Yes" Alessio answered. "One of three. Two here in Jersey and one in New York."

Their waiter brought out a beautiful shrimp bisque as a first course. "Oh my wow! This is so good" Cheri exclaimed. "You like?" Alessio asked. She nodded her head.

"Cheri, before we progress with our evening we need to talk" he said. His date paled. "Are, are you breaking up with me?" she asked quietly.

"Oh my God no! Why would you think that?" Alessio asked confused. "I don't know you just seemed so serious all of a sudden" she felt embarrassed now at her error in thought.

"God, Cheri you aren't getting rid of me that easy" he smirked, taking her hand. "Thank Holy Mary" she laughed. "What do we need to talk about?" she questioned.

"Your dad reached out. He wants to meet with you. It seems he thinks you're with me now" he answered. Cheri looked confused. "But I am right?" she asked. "With you?"

He nodded. "I'm having a party at my home next Friday evening and I had planned on announcing you as mine" he replied. "I will meet with him then and I want you to be present."

"Why are you telling me this?" she asked. "Honesty and trust" was all he said. Nodding, Cheri said "I appreciate that, Alessio. It just tells me that I can trust you."

The waiter returned with her baked ziti and his cannoli, bread and salads. He waited politely for them to try their food.

"This is very delicious" Cheri exclaimed. "Peter, ask Mario to come here please" asked Alessio. "Right away, Mr. Castellano" the waiter said.

A few moments later a very jovial man appeared. "Mr. Castellano!" He was excited. "Mario!" Alessio stood and hugged the man.

"Cheri, baby, this is our chef, Mario. Mario, my girlfriend, Cheri" he announced proudly. "Exquisite" Mario said kissing her hand causing Cheri to blush.

"Your food is amazing" Cheri praised the man. "Grazie" he responded. "Prego" Cheri replied. Alessio loved hearing her speak their native language. They spoke a little more, finished their food when he asked her to dance.

Earned It by The Weekend came on. People were staring but she didn't care. All that caught her mind was dancing with her man.

She loved how his hand felt around her waist and the other around her shoulder. Inhaling his scent, she tightened her hold on him.

"You smell like coconut, Bella" he breathed against her neck. "And you smell earthy, manly" she sighed. As they continued to dance, Cheri noticed some people trying to approach them but Lorenzo stopped them.

When the song was over, they started back to their table. "Go on, baby. I know you want to" he said smiling. Smiling at him was gift enough. He'd walk bare foot over glass to see her look at him like that.

He watched her walk over to the young people who'd tried to approach them earlier. They were all smiles as she signed autographs and took pictures. When she finished, their table was all a flutter.

"That was awesome what you did" he said smiling. "Well they support me and the band, so it was the least I could do" she answered.