Chapter 13

Cheri couldn't believe that the week went by so quickly.  It would seem that her time with Alessio left her feeling extremely comfortable and like they'd always been together.  That was it, the key.  She could picture herself with this man and it had forever written all over it.

Tonight was her coming out, for lack of a better term, to the rest of the families and her father would be in attendance.  She had not discussed her father anymore after Alessio told her about their meeting.  She knew one thing that would help her figure it all out.

Dressing in dark skinny jeans, leopard print flats and a wine colored silk button-down, she grabbed her purse and phone and headed downstairs to find Tommaso.  Alessio was at work but said he would be done by noon or one.

"Tommaso?  Do you have a minute?" she asked the olive skinned man.  "Of course, Sixx.  I will always have a minute for you" his pearly teeth shined as he smiled at her.  He was a good looking man.  Stood, she guessed, at about 6'5, straight black hair that hung to his shoulders, tattoos, nice body and caramel colored eyes.  She wondered why he wasn't married.

"Would you mind taking me somewhere, please?  I need to go to Greenwood.  My mother's there and I haven't been since I've come home.  I would like to stop and get some flowers as well" she asked softly.

His eyes looked sympathetic.  "Of course I'll take you.  My ma is there and I haven't been in a very long time, like confession" he smirked, trying to get her to smile and it worked.

"Well, whenever you're ready" she said helping herself to some coffee.  "I'll go get presentable" he said.  "Just give me five."  Blowing on her coffee, Cheri said of course.

While waiting, her phone vibrated in her pocket.  It was Alessio.  "Good morning, baby" she said brightly.  "Good morning to you, Cheri" he responded.  "What are you up to this morning?" he asked.  "Tommaso is going to take me to Greenwood.  My mom is there and I haven't been since I got back.  I just really need to see her" Cheri explained.

"I understand, tesoro.  Do what you need to do just make sure you keep Tommaso close, okay?" he didn't need to be worried about her safety.  "I will I promise" she told him.  "Are you excited about tonight?" she asked him.

He scoffed.  "I wouldn't say excited exactly but I am looking forward to introducing you as mine" she could hear it in his voice, he was proud of her.  "Well, I'm am too then" she answered.  "Baby, Tommaso is ready now.  I will see you when you get home?" she asked.  "Definitely.  I will see you soon, Cheri" he told her.  "Yes you will" she said smiling and hung up.

Tommaso held the back door opened for her and as she stepped out he shut the door behind them.  He led her to a 2016 Corvette, black as night and tinted windows.  It was the bomb!  "Wow, she certainly is a beauty" she whistled.

Opening the passenger door for her, Tommaso said "She's my pride and joy.  The only thing I spent my money on was this car.  Everything else is invested and in a portfolio" he said wisely.  "Ah, a businessman" she said jokingly.  "Yep.  Don't plan on doing this job forever" he quipped.

As they pulled out from the driveway, Cheri noticed they had a tail.  "So no one in this family goes anywhere alone, huh?"  Tommaso shook his head.  "Boss's orders.  Safety in numbers" he told her.

It took them about twenty minutes to get to Greenwood, once they stopped for flowers.  It would turn out, that both of their mothers were a couple of rows apart from each other.  

Running her hand along the tombstone, Cheri brushed away dead leaves and whatever else had accumulated there.  Next she tore up weeds and by the time she was finished, it looked like someone cared.  She replaced the old flowers with the new bouquet of Gerber daisies.  Her and her mom's favorite flower.

"Hey mama.  I know it's been a while but I just got back from tour and it was amazing!  I've really missed you.  I have so much to tell you I don't know where to begin.  I met someone.  He's wonderful.  Sexy, smart and he treats me like a queen" Cheri laughed at the irony of that statement, seeing as she was his queen.

"I have finally been able to put Paulo to rest, in my heart.  You would have really liked Alessio, mom.  Frank tried to send Geraldo after me the night I got back into town.  Boy was that a mess" she laughed nervously at the thought of what had happened that night.  "Alessio rescued me and we've been together ever since.  Well, I gotta go and I promise I won't take too long to visit next time.  I love you mom" she said touching the headstone one more time.

She noticed that Tommaso had already visited his mother and was patiently waiting for her to finish with her visit.

Wiping a tear away as she approached the car, Tommaso asked her if she had finished, that they didn't need to rush.  "Thanks" she sniffed.  "I said everything I needed to.  Besides, this won't be the only time.  I made her a promise to come back often and this time I'll keep it."

Cheri had been locked behind the bathroom door for an hour now.  Why was she stressing over this party?  She had been to hundreds of these events but for some reason this one felt different.

She looked at her reflection and was really glad she chose pink for the color of her dress.  It made her red hair and skin look amazing.  It's a strapless little number with a beaded bodice, wide band around the middle while the skirt was made out of feathery looking material.  She found some beautiful pink lace six inch heels to wear with it and the only jewelry she wore was the ring Alessio gave her and studs in her ears.

Sticking with her standard light makeup, she chose a shimmering pink gloss for her lips and a squirt or two of her Juicy perfume.  Taking in a deep breath, she was ready.  It was now or never.

As she neared the stairs she could hear the voices of the attendees, music, glasses clinking and noted the party was getting into full swing.  She slowly started down and as she neared the bottom, she saw Alessio, Lorenzo, Tommaso, Federico, Diego and Sal.  Plus a few other men she didn't recognize.

Making her way to the bottom of the steps and landing on the floor, Cheri stood there trying to catch Alessio's gaze.  She seemed to have everyone else's and finally, he turned around.

Being the sassy girl she is, she put one hand on her hip and blazed the brightest smile at him before she walked to him.

She could move like a runway model, play guitar like a man and tatted up like a biker but when it came to sheer femininity, she exuded it tonight.

Walking right up to Alessio, she placed her hands on his narrow hips.  "Everyone is looking" she said through smiling lips.  "Put your hands on my waist and kiss me."

When he'd finished kissing her, he left her breathless.  "You have the attention of everyone in this room" he stated proudly.  "Yeah" she said messing with his lapel.  "But there's only one person's attention I really seek."

"Good come back, baby" he said smiling.  "I want to introduce you to some people and then I'm in a hurry to get this night over with" he said.  "Why is that?" she asked.  Lowering his mouth to her ear, his breath hot on her skin, he answered.  "Because I can't wait to get you out of that gorgeous dress."  The night and his words held so much promise.