Chapter 44

The way he took her, it was born of pure lust and it awakened her, like someone else had been lying dormant, waiting for this particular moment in time.

They were facing each other, Cheri's face buried in his shoulder, right where he liked to feel her. "Are you okay?" he asked and she knew he wasn't asking about her physical self being okay.

"I'm not sure I even know what 'okay' means anymore" her honest answer didn't surprise him. He expected nothing but truth from her.

"That's understandable" was his gentle answer. His hand faltered, only for a second, then he pushed a stray hair behind her ear.

Cheri didn't allow his hand to move from the proximity of her face. Instead she took it in hers, placing a kiss on the palm felt wonderful under her lips.

Next, she moved to his fingers, each getting a soft brushing of her lips. "Cheri" he was pleading with her. "I know" she said, taking his hand, draping it over her waist.

She had to have his lips.  She needed them on her.  She didn't care if it led to sex because right now she didn't care about the act, she needed the intimacy that kissing brought.

It was a good feeling getting lost in his kisses.  He knew how much tongue, when to switch from rough kissing to gentle, sensual kissing.  He was very skilled in providing pleasure. 

Alessio was holding on by a thread.  His hands now fisting through her hair, their kissing growing out of control.  And then she moans his name.

"Alessio" Cheri moaned, breathless and needy.  Fuck this!  He moved on top of her, used his leg to push her open. 

"Please" she begged but instead of slamming into her, he glided effortlessly into her warmth.  "Holy Mary!" he gasped at the carnality overtaking him.

Alessio rested his forearms in the space on either side of Cheri's head, his hands on top of her head.  His hips made their own rhythm as he rolled them into her body.

"What are you doing to me?" he asked her softly.  He left his lips hovering over hers, they never made actual contact, just brushed occasionally but it was enough to add to the sexual angst between them.

"I love you" she breathed as her body prepared for the fall.  Her words egged him on, as his thrusts became harder and shorter.

A few seconds later, his head fell to her shoulder as the sexiest groan fell from his lips, his body jerking as his seed was spilled.

Being the reason he came undone was more than Cheri could take as her body clinched around his pulsing member, demanding all of him.

Her soft cries turned into actual tears as the gravity of everything re-entered her mind.

"Oh baby" his voice full of understanding.  Drawing her closer to him, his arm went protectively around her as he whispered words of encouragement and love.

"I have a brother, Alessio" she cried. "I know, bella, I know" his voice soothed and calmed her almost immediately. "But you know what I think?" he said softly. "You and Tommaso are so lucky. You had your band as family, and Tommaso had us but now you have each other, related by blood, linked together forever by blood."

How did he always know the right things to say? The ones that always made her feel better somehow. Then a new fear arose.

"Alessio, I can't and I won't let your reputation suffer because my mother sold herself to the highest bidder" She sounded a little bitter. And she was.

She had to give him up. He didn't need to lose his family because of her. She felt like she was suffocating, she couldn't get any air.

"Cheri?" his voice sounded submerged, blinking she tried to figure out what happened. Whatever it was, it caused Alessio to bring up the doc.

"You had a mild panic attack" he said professionally.  "Cheri you need to rest.  Your body is starting to protest.  I'm leaving five tablets.  I am insisting you take one tonight, the rest I will leave up to you."

Cheri was too tired to fight as she plucked the oblong shaped pill from his hand.  The water she took with the pill was ice cold and refreshing.

"Alessio lay with me.  Please" Cheri didn't want close her eyes without him.  "I'm not going anywhere" he assured.  The doctor had just left and after getting Cheri situated, he peeled off everything and climbed in bed next to her.

The sun was going down, so the lighting in their room started changing with the time.  "Lay on me, tesoro" Alessio said.  Cheri moved to his embrace.

"Cheri, you are not to ever speak of concern or worry regarding my reputation.  I love you and you are mine.  End of discussion."  His tone was defiant.

"Okay" she said meekly, settling her face in the crook of his neck.  "Alessio?"  "Hmm?"  "I love you too" Cheri slowly closed her eyes.

Alessio watched Cheri sleeping and to be honest, it was the first restful sleep she'd had in a while.  His hand caressed hers as it lay on his belly. 

He was touched and angry at the same time over her concern for his rep.  He was nothing without her and he knew this.

Frank Lantana was going to pay, for everything.  The things he's done to try and take family from him, his death while imminent will be extremely slow and extremely painful, just the way he likes.

Cheri shifted a little but remained close as Alessio continued to whisper words of comfort while stroking her hair.  "I will keep you safe, fiore.  You will always be my number one priority.  Always" his words followed by a tender kiss to her lips.

Whether he slept or not, Alessio's brain wouldn't shut down, so he kept it preoccupied with thoughts of her.  Her body was beautiful, her hair soft, and her lips?  God so much pleasure in them.