Chapter 16

"Giovanni, I would like to know what makes your daughter think she can just walk into my home, uninvited, and insult my queen in front of our guests?" Alessio was tearing him a new asshole.  Giovanni Ripolli, father to his wonderful ex, Genevieve.  "I'm sure you didn't sanction it, but she showed up here nonetheless.  Gio, you've got to do something about her before I do and you know I will."

Alessio was pissed.  While Cheri really put that bitch in her place, he knew the things that Genevieve said hurt her.  And as much as he hated to believe what Cheri said, people do tend to judge the outside before they know the person.  Last night was proof of that.

Before he could make anymore calls, there was a soft knock on his study door.  "Come" he said.  Ah, his beautiful woman was walking towards him.  Putting his finger out, he motioned her to come to him.

Without hesitation, she walked around his desk and placed herself in his lap.  Laying her head against his shoulder, she inhaled his scent.  "What are you up to, cara?" he asked, smelling her hair.  He loved the smell of coconut.

"I wanted to see if I could get Tommaso to take me to Guitar World.  I need some new picks and new strings" she said while playing with his hand.  He took in her attire, deciding he loved it, a lot.

She was wearing a wine colored lacy thin strapped top, with ripped skinny jeans, jean jacket and wine colored Chuck Taylor's.  Very sexy, very rock-n-roll and very Cheri.

"Sure, I'll call him" Alessio said.  She nodded while he made the call.  When it was all set, Alessio turned her around so she was straddling his lap.

Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, he pulled her closer.  He loved looking into her eyes, they were so beautiful and suited her.

She laid her upper body onto his chest, her ear against his heart.  "You know, that's the most beautiful sound in the world" she said.  "What's that baby?" he asked.  "Your heart beat" she answered.

Picking up her hand and bringing it to his mouth, he kissed her knuckles and then turned her hand over and planted one right in the middle of her palm.  She shuddered from his touch, she loved it and needed it, like she needed her music.

Lifting up, she put her hands on his shoulders, drew him to her and kissed him.  She never felt him stand up but she did feel her behind touch his desk.  They tended to get carried away when there was a knock on his study door.

"That would be Tommaso" he breathed against her lips.  Sighing, she gave his crotch a little squeeze.  "I'll take care of this later" she promised and with one more kiss she got up.

"Cheri?" he called as she reached the door.  She turned around, giving him that rock star smile.  "Be careful, baby.  And keep Tommaso close."  She nodded and was gone.  That smile, he'd commit it to memory because it was one of the many things he loved about her.

Two hours.  Two goddamn hours and nothing.  No sign of Cheri or Tommaso.  He was going crazy with worry when he heard a lot of noise coming from the kitchen area.  It was a bloodied Tommaso but no Cheri.  He felt like the air had been sucked out of the room.

"Tommaso.  Where.is.she?" he asked, dreading the answer.  Tommaso was in pain and looked like he'd been knocked around a bit.

"We were coming out of the guitar store" he panted, his ribs were being prodded by their doctor.  "We had made it to the car, when all of sudden out of nowhere, I was taken down and she was just...gone" his voice almost a whisper.

"Where was the back up car?" he roared in Tommaso's face.  Federico stepped up.  "There was a roadblock purposely put up and in such a way that it would take a good five to ten minutes to get around it and it was plenty of time to do what they wanted to do and that was take Cheri" he stated.

Alessio lost his damn mind.  "Boss, Sal is already hacking into the cameras around that area and we should have something any minute now" Rico told his boss.  Alessio was about to respond when his cell phone rang.

It was a very distorted voice on the other end.  "Expect a video shortly."  They hung up.  Not enough time to trace the call or anything.  Alessio was beyond frustrated.

His phone pinged.  It was a text message with a video attached.  Alessio didn't want to open it but he had no choice.  They had his woman.

The place they held her was dark but not so dark that he couldn't see the terror all over her face, the tears in her eyes and the blood around her mouth.  They'd hit her!

She was tied to a chair, that much he could see and then someone walked up behind her, grabbed her hair and roughly yanked her head back causing her to cry out in pain.

"You got yourself a real beauty, Castellano" the distorted voice toyed.  The next thing he saw made his stomach lurch.  The masked person licked the side of Cheri's face.  Alessio's eyes slowly closed as he listened to the person moan.

He noticed that Cheri was mouthing something, she was trying to be inconspicuous about it but you could see as plain as day, her mouth was moving.

"Boss, it looks like she is saying a number" Lorenzo said.  There it was again.  Five-Two-Five.  Was it a street number?  What the hell was she trying to say?

"I've got it!" he yelled.  "She said Pier 525.  It's a dive bar on the other side of town.  Who in the hell do we know over there?" he asked.  Alessio had a good idea but picked up his phone to make a call.

"Lantana, do you have eyes on Geraldo?" Alessio asked Cheri's father coldly.  The man said no.  He'd fired him because of what he did to Cheri the night she came back into town.

"Who does he know over there?" Alessio kept throwing questions at the man.  He didn't know, but he was going to put him in touch with a couple of men that would know.

All he could do was wait and pray that they would stay put until he could get to Cheri.  The thought of anyone touching her...God he wanted to hurt someone.

It seemed like forever but his phone finally rang.  One of the men that Lantana had reached out to, had eyes on the bar as they spoke.  Said he spotted Geraldo there but he wasn't alone.  There was some rich blonde bitch with him and she was causing a stink.

"Genevieve" Alessio muttered.  She.was.dead.  He didn't give two shits that she was a woman.  He'd make her pay and he'd take his time doing it too.  She would be begging him by night's end for mercy, but he was fresh out where she was concerned.