Chapter 21

After a very satisfying morning and breakfast, Cheri stayed behind to take care of cleaning up the kitchen.  Alessio needed his men for an impromptu meeting in his study.  She understood, it was the nature of the beast.

Satisfied with her work in the kitchen, Cheri returned to their bathroom for a shower.  After all the sex and rolling around, her muscles could use the relaxing heat of the water to sooth her.  

First, she carefully shaved everything, then moved on to her hair and once that was washed and conditioned, she used her body wash.

She made quick work of the shower and getting dressed in a pair of blue jean shorts, a classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tee shirt and her black Chuck's, she pulled the sheets off their bed and replaced them with clean ones and made the bed.

Walking around the room, she picked up all the dirty laundry, put those in their proper place and then got the bathroom picked up and cleaned as well.

Happy and satisfied with what she'd gotten done, she headed down to the basement.  It'd been a couple of days since she'd played or done anything musical.  She had some new ideas jumbling around in her head but first she just need to play something, anything.

She decided to warm up with the song she performed for Alessio the night of their final show at Chains.  Back when she wrote that song, Come Closer, she didn't have anyone in her life.  But now, she smiled to herself at the thought of not being alone anymore.

Her back was to anyone that might come in but she was so into what she was doing, she would have no idea anyone was there.  She belted out the lyrics and then fell into the solo and that's where she would really lose herself, the guitar solos.  Her instrument always felt like it was an extension of her true self and she could express herself using it.

She really did love that song.  Sometimes she would fight really hard for lyrics to come to her and then other times they would flow out of her like a nonstop waterfall.  She had legal pads full of things she'd just written down but hadn't used.

Grabbing her legal pad and a pen, she started frantically writing thoughts that would come into her head and then trying to figure out a melody to go with it was another part to the puzzle.  She loved putting her brain into overdrive.

Before, going too much further, Cheri put her guitar down and went up to the kitchen for some water.  Reaching into the fridge, she pulled a cold bottle, twisted off the cap and took a huge swig.

She'd been down there for a couple of hours and guessed that Alessio was still in a meeting with his men, when she heard the door open and his men file out.  "Hey Sixx!" they called out.  "Hey guys" she responded with a smile.

Lorenzo came over by where she was standing.  "How ya doing this morning?" he asked.  "I'm good" she answered.  "Just finished practicing, got some ideas for some songs written down and was just taking a break."

"Boss wants to see you in his study" he told her.  Replacing the cap on her bottle, Cheri said okay and walked towards Alessio's study.  She'd never been in the inner sanctum before.

Knocking softly on the door, he answered with a "Come in, Cheri."  She loved hearing him say her name and would never get bored with how he said it.

Swinging the door open, she stepped inside.  The walls were a beautiful neutral beige tone, his desk, credenzas and books shelves were a very dark, rich cherry looking color.  No doubt they were solid wood.  He had a burgundy sofa with matching chairs that sat to the left and right of the couch, a glass coffee table, matching end tables and almost antique-looking lamps.