Chapter 73

"Alessio" Vinny Bonatti was summoning him to the side. "I've got two sets of eyes inside. Cheri is safe and so is Tommaso. Lantana just left and I've got eyes on him. They are going to take him down in..." he was consulting his watch. "Five minutes. Ready to go get your wife and brother-in-law?" he asked smiling.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Alessio composed himself enough to answer "Si. Grazie Don Bonatti." Vinny just slapped him on the back. "Now we are even for New York" he responded, referring to the assassination attempt that Alessio saved them all from.

Confirming and verifying where Bonatti's men were undercover and the locator on Cheri's phone, they knew exactly where she and Mas were being held. There were sets of empty warehouses down by Atlantic City that were no longer in use. Perfect to hide out if you were on the run.

Watching everyone suit up was like watching an episode of SWAT! Bulletproof vests, shot guns, shoulder holsters, you name it, they had it. When it was go time, the men had each been assigned a SUV or car to ride in and the caravan was led by Don Bonatti, with Alessio and his group second.

Their walkies had all been synced up and they were ready to move. Castellano was counting down the minutes until he had his wife in his arms again and he was never letting her out of his sight again.

He was also going over in his head the fresh hell he was going to unleash on Lantana. Alessio knew that he would never show that he was in any pain, but he didn't give a fuck about that.

He just wanted to watch him bleed out and the life drain slowly away from his cold eyes. That would satisfy him and make him very happy.

Vinny broke radio silence. "Gentlemen we are five minutes out. Remember, we have four friendlies inside. Everyone else, dispose of them except for those responsible for the beat down on Mrs. Castellano and Tommaso Bianchi."

Alessio found his fist tightening and his jaw clinching the closer they got but he would hold it together just for her and then, later, he would become the things that nightmares are made of.

"This is it. You know what to do" Don Bonatti said over the radio. The vehicles parked in each assigned location. Alessio and his men were with Bonatti while the other families split up and covered all the entrances and exits.

"Let's go get your wife" Vinny said. Alessio nodded as he pulled his pistol from his waistband and followed Bonatti and his group through a series of tunnels until they reached several reinforced steel doors.

Vinny retrieved his phone and sent two text messages. A few seconds later Joey Sazza and another appeared through two separate doors.

Walking up to Alessio, Joey said "She's a very brave woman, Don Castellano." And then he stepped out of his way. Nodding at the man, Alessio walked into the room to gather his wife.

His heart was hammering in his chest like a drum until he saw his wife and then it became just downright painful what he felt.

She was on a dirty cot, leaning against the wall, her hands protectively over her belly.  Her beautiful face had been temporarily marred from the beatings and she was dirty but alive.

Stepping towards the cot, he bent down and moved her hair out of her face causing her to stir a bit.  "Bella, he said softly, not wanting to startle her.

She slowly opened her eyes, blinking many times before she realized she wasn't dreaming.  He'd come for her like she knew he would.