Chapter 14

Alessio admired how Cheri handled herself. She was gracious, kind, witty and sweet and she complimented him nicely. He could tell that the men as well as the women in attendance were enthralled with her. He couldn't have asked for a better reception or turn out. And then he saw her.

Genevieve. He couldn't even imagine how she got here but he would find out soon enough. Cheri had walked off to see to some champagne for them when his ex walked up. "Alessio" she purred. Standing at 5'10, she had long blonde hair, curvaceous and a nasty personality. The only thing she truly ever wanted from him was his money.

"I'm not even going to ask why you are here or how you even got in. I just want you out" he said coldly. Wrapping her arm within his, she laughed. God how he hated her laugh. "Ah baby you know you don't mean that. I know you missed me, just like I missed you" she continued in her illusion.

He took her arm off of his and started to walk away. "Don't walk away from me, Castellano" she threatened. He stopped in his tracks, his shoulders tensed for a moment and then he turned on his heels and headed right for her.

"You forget who's home you're in" his eyes staring daggers into her. "You don't get to come onto my turf and talk to me like that. I suggest if you still like the way you look, you will leave now."

Just then Cheri walked up and placed her arm within Alessio's, only he welcomed it, and the kiss she placed on his cheek, calmed him immediately.

"Aren't you going to introduce us, baby?" she asked sweetly, staring back at Genevieve. The other woman looked Cheri over harshly and said "So this is what you're sticking your dick into these days?" she said haughtily.

Cheri just looked at her for a moment, the room was deathly quiet as Genevieve managed to draw attention to herself. Throwing her head back, she started laughing at the other woman, which infuriated her to no end.

"Sweetie, look at him" Cheri started. "Does he look unsatisfied to you? I take very good care of him and in turn he does the same for me. And if you would stop being a solid gold bitch for longer than three seconds, you might find a man that could tolerate your materialistic ass."

"Champagne, darling?" she said handing a glass to Alessio and completely ignoring the other woman. "Well I never" she huffed off as Cheri raised her hand and said "Bye." There were lots of snickers, well-dones and a smattering of applause.

"You handled yourself very nicely" Alessio said smirking. Cheri pretended to straighten her dress in the front. "Well, the bitch was trying to mark territory that was already claimed and she just needed help to see the light" she quipped.

"I'm so completely hot for you right now" Alessio whispered in her ear. Blushing, Cheri grabbed his hand and as inconspicuously as she could, she led him to his study. Once inside she locked the door and then attacked him, pushing him towards his desk.

"Oh my God, baby" she breathed as her hand traveled down to his crotch. Moaning, he gripped the edge of his desk. "Jesus, Cheri" was all he could say as he watched her unzip his pants and fall to her knees.

She took him, right there in his study, until he came undone and she'd swallowed all the evidence. Lifting her to her feet, he pulled her in hard and crashed his mouth to hers. "You taste amazing" were his words as he ravaged her some more.

Letting his hand fall between her legs, he was very surprised to find her sans underwear. "You little minx" he cursed as his fingers penetrated her sex. "Fuck so wet" he gritted. "Oh God, Alessio" she cried as he massaged her bundle.

"Oh help me" she mumbled, her sex clinching around his fingers. As she came undone, his mouth was over hers to prevent anyone from hearing her scream out. Once done, he withdrew his fingers and placed them in his mouth, sucking them dry.

"Your face is beautifully flushed" he said caressing her skin. "Well I wonder why" she smirked, pulling her dress back down and then encircling his neck with her arms. "That should hold me over until later" she said. "Hmm, really now?" he asked.

"Yes it's true" she said flirting. "Because when everyone leaves, you are all mine" she threatened playfully. "I wouldn't want it any other way" he said walking them to the door but before opening it, he asked "Are you ready for the announcement?" She nodded, even if she really wasn't, it was now or never.

"Ladies and gentlemen" Alessio tapped on the side of his champagne glass. "Thank you all for coming. I know we have these parties every year but this one is a little bit different in that I have someone that I really would like for you to meet" he smiled looking at Cheri.

"The lovely woman to my right has agreed to be my queen" he stated as a round of very loud applause erupted in the room. "She deserves your respect and to be treated like you yourselves would want to be treated. My guests and friends, this is Cheri Rose Lantana."

They'd already been standing in line as all of Alessio's guests came by and shook their hands and kissed their cheeks. Cheri had never seen anything like it and finally when it looked like they were reaching the end, someone caught her eye.

She knew sooner or later as the evening progressed that she would have to come face-to-face with him. Her father, Frank Lantana. It didn't make it any easier and even though she hated him, her heart constricted when she saw the shell of a man before her.

"I think we can take this into my study" Alessio said, leading her by the arm. Lorenzo and Tommaso followed, as did two of Lantana's men and the rest stayed outside guarding the door.

Cheri couldn't bear to look at him. Memories of everything just came rushing back. She could feel all eyes are her as she stood looking out the window into the night. She was not going to be the first to break the silence.

"Cherisa" Frank started. "Don't call me that" her flat toned voice called out. "I'm Cheri. Cherisa doesn't exist anymore. You saw to that, Frank. You saw to that real well" she spat venomously.

Alessio knew it would happen and he felt the best thing for his woman was to get it out, all in the open, and then she could rid herself of her father once and for all.

"You mercilessly battered my mother with your vicious tongue. She worshiped the ground you walked on. There wasn't anything she wouldn't do for you. Why in God's name she ever loved you I'll never know" her chest was heaving with the adrenaline that was coursing through her body.

"And when cancer finally provided her the escape she needed, you went after me. You couldn't let me have a modicum of peace, you had to take that away from me as well. Besides my mother, you took away the only happiness that I'd ever known and that was Paulo" she was walking towards the frail man now.

"Davilo might have been fooled by your act at the funeral but I was not. I knew you had him killed. And for what? Because we came from different families? It would have been a real feather in your cap to bring both families together, to finally put an end to the violence and hatred but how could you when you lived for it" tears were starting to fall from her eyes at that point.

"I swore after that night you would no longer hold any sway over my life and more importantly, I would never forgive you for what you did to Paulo, to me. Making your own daughter watch that shit! How cold and calloused could you have been?" she sobbed. "I hate you" she muttered.

Never lifting his head once, Lantana said "I know this, Cheri and I would never insult your intelligence by suggesting that you could ever forgive me. I'm not asking for that. All I'm asking for is that you accept my inheritance and stay close to Castellano. He'll protect you. I have made a great many enemies throughout the years and a lot of them won't care if you're estranged from me or not. You carry the Lantana name and for some, that's enough" he rasped, coughing into his handkerchief.

Standing with the assistance of one of his men, Frank thanked Alessio for allowing him to attend and taking the meeting with him. Before walking form the study and not turning around, Cheri's father said one last thing. "You really did turn out to be a beautiful young lady." That was it. He was gone. Out of her life forever.