Chapter 3

Disclaimer:  The songs that I am going to have Sixx and Guardian perform as their own, as well as cover tunes, I will give proper credit to those artists!  

"Jesus, Sixx!"  Boss and Larue shouted at her.  "What?" she asked.  "Come look!" they said excitedly.  She peeked out from behind the curtain.  Oh my God!  The place was packed!  There was no room anywhere, even standing-room-only was packed.

Looking at the set list again, Sixx ran a quick glance over.  Heart Breaker (Pat Benetar cover), Come Closer (orig by Chickenfoot but for the purposes of this book, it's Guardian's song), Seventeen (Winger cover), Slide It In (Whitesnake but for the purposes of this book, it's Guardian's song),  If I Close My Eyes Forever (Ozzy/Lita Ford but for the purposes of this book, it's Guardian's song),   Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy (Sammy Hagar but for the purposes of this book, it's Guardian's song), Rough Boy (ZZ Top cover) just to name a few.

Locking hands in a circle, Sixx threw out a quick prayer as they all got psyched up for the show.  "Oh my God guys" she said.  "This is it" she started to tear up.  "We've been together, inseparable for the last seven months, and now I'm not really sure where I go from here.  Get lots of rest, spend time with your families and we'll see each other, formally, in the studio in twelve months.  Let's do this!" she yelled as they threw up their hands.

Dressed in black leather pants, a black lace corset and black Doc's, Cheri was ready.  The sound guy was just getting ready to introduce them when Boss walked over and handed her a note.  Curiously wondering who'd sent her a note, she opened it.

My dear Ms. Sixx,  I was hoping maybe after your show this evening, you would feel up to staying behind and having a drink with me.  I am looking forward to seeing you in action.  Yours always, Alessio Castellano  

Wow!  Grabbing a pen, Cheri scrawled out an answer.  My dear Mr. Castellano, I would thoroughly enjoy sharing a drink with you afterwards.  Meet you at our bar?  I will have a special dedication for you this evening as well, so be prepared.  Yours always, Sixx  She folded the note and got Lemmy's attention.  Whispering to him she asked him to take the note to Alessio.

"Alright you rockers and metal heads!  The evening you've all been waiting for!  They got their start here so they saw it fitting to end their tour here.  Here they are!  Sixx, Apollonia, Larue, Tiger and Boss but you know them as Guardian!" the sound guy excitedly announced.

Taking the stage by storm, Cheri and her band mates started off hard and heavy Heart Breaker by Pat Benetar.  The crowd was fucking fantastic!  The more they got into it, the more she did.  

"Whew!  You guys are freakin amazing out there!" Cheri roared holding up her guitar.  "Thank you" she said.  "Thank you so much" she continued.  "You know sometimes they say you can never go home but let me tell you something!  When you come from Jersey, you can always come home!" she shouted, the roar of the crowd drowning her out.

Cheri had already alerted security that she would taking to the floor for the next song so they were prepared to make a way for her over to the bar where she'd met Alessio earlier.  This was the song she was dedicating to him.

"I have a special song that I'm gonna perform next.  I wrote this on the tour bus, between Salt Lake City and Dallas, Texas" she said as the crowd responded.  "Not having anyone in my life at the moment, I just thought this might be something I would say if I had a boyfriend" there was those that would always yell out 'I'll be your boyfriend, Sixx!'

"It's called Come Closer" she said adjusting her guitar.  She adjusted her head mic as Tiger counted off "1, 2, 3, 4" as Cheri started singing and strumming her guitar.  She started walking down the stairs of the stage and slowly started walking towards where Castellano and his group were sitting.

Standing in front of him, she sang to him like he was the only one in the room.  But when it came time for her guitar solo, that's where she would really shine.  Her fingers moving from routine and memory as she closed her eyes and just got lost in the music and words.

As the song wound down, she looked at him and winked, then started heading back towards the stage.  Next came her duet with Larue and then he would be singing Rough Boy by ZZ Top and finally rounding out the evening would be Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy.

Cheri was riding on a high.  Everything had gone perfectly and now the band were doing their met and greet, signing autographs, albums, tee shirts, etc.  This is what they lived for, their fans.  After all, without them, they wouldn't be where they were today.

Kissing, hugging and crying, the five of them told each other good bye and to keep in touch.  She was looking forward to some down time and doing whatever she wants to do.  Walking back in, the same bouncer that had greeted her earlier in the day was there waiting for her.

"Ms. Sixx" he said cordially.  She patted him on the arm and said "Please, big fella.  Call me Sixx.  Ms makes me sound proper and well, I'm not."  She was grinning like an idiot.  He just stared at her for a moment and then smiled broadly.  "Tommaso" he said, extending his hand.  "Nice to meet you Tommaso" she said following him to the back bar.

"Mr. Castellano will be with you shortly.  Can I get you anything while you wait?" he asked.  "I'm going to make a strange request" she grinned.  He was all ears.  "A cigar and two fingers of scotch" was her request.  

Tommaso just raised his eyebrow at her request.  "I indulge when I'm not singing" she clarified.  "Cigars, scotch and tattoos are my vices" she joked.  "I'll be back with you requested items" he said politely.

A few minutes later, Jake appeared with a bottle of scotch.  "Mr. Castellano prefers this brand" he said sitting it down along with two glasses.  "Thanks Jake" Cheri smiled at him as he walked off.

Soon Alessio's man returned with her cigar in hand.  He expertly snipped the end off and handed it to her.  She ran it under her nose, inhaling deeply.  "Hint of cherry?" she asked.  He nodded.  "You know your cigars?" he inquired.  She shrugged.  "Grew up around them" is all she would say.

Putting it to her mouth, Tommaso struck a wooden match and held it to the end of the cigar.  Puffing a couple of times to get it good and lit, she inhaled deeply on it and then exhaled.  "Damn, that's one fine cigar" she proclaimed.

"Alessio should be with you momentarily" he said backing away.  Cheri was enjoying puffing on the stogie and sipping her scotch when she looked up and saw Alessio.  "Mind if I join you" he asked gentlemanly.  "Please do" she said.

Grabbing the bottle, Cheri poured a healthy shot of scotch for Alessio and slid the glass over to him.  Raising his glass to hers, he said "To you."  Wow, really?  Cheri kind of blushed.  "Thanks, but I think it's me that should be toasting you.  After all, tonight was a success because you let us play here for our final show" she said.

Digging into the breast pocket of his suite, Castellano pulled a check out.  "Speaking of your show, this is the bands cut for tonight's show" he slid it over to her.  Opening up the check, Cheri almost choked.  "Alessio, this can't be right!" she exclaimed.  He rubbed his chin.  "How so?" he inquired.  "It's too much" she said giving it back to him.

"Cheri, we had a thousand people in here tonight.  Your tickets were sold for $40.00 a piece plus what all the bars made, this is the correct amount.  Trust me" he said sliding it back.  She just shook her head in disbelief.  

"Well thank you very much" she said.  "Now, I'm starving.  How about I buy you breakfast?" she asked smiling.  "I've got a better plan" he said.  "I need to take care of one more thing and then we'll go to my place.  I'm a very good cook."  She didn't even hesitate.  "Alright" she smiled as he got up and walked off.  "Dear God" she breathed.  "What have I gotten myself into."