Six

Luke still didn't show up at home and I'm getting slightly worried. I called him a few times but he didn't pick up. He's probably with his friends and forgot to text me that he's with them.

"Hey Alex", I hear someone shout.

I go to my open window and see him standing under it. He has a smile on his face.

"What do you want, Sam?", I ask.

What the fuck does this guy want from me? He has nothing to do with me. The only thing I know about him is that he's friends with Niall and he's an idiot.

"Well, Niall posted a picture of you on his Instagram", he tells me.

He recognized that fat ass. You should be skinnier, Alex.

"Wait a second, I'm coming down."

How the fuck does he know it's me? I just hope Miranda doesn't know it's me on the picture. I'm down the stairs and out the backdoor in no time. Sam stands there smirking at me. He's a lot taller than me.

"So, what do you want?", I ask a little scared.

I'm really nervous of what he's going to do. Sam takes a few steps towards me. His hand finds my shoulder. He grips it tightly.

"Why the fuck are you on Niall's Instagram picture?", he asks.

What am I going to say? It's not me? Niall took it without me knowing? The truth?

"It's not me", I lie.

He rolls his eyes and points at my distroyed black Vans. Curse you Vans.

"And what's that? The same shoes. I know the hoodie you wore. You wore it sometime last year. The dark gray Nike hoodie you wore is the same Niall has, too. He loves that hoodie, that's why I remember", Sam tells me.

"Okay, it is me on the picture but I didn't know he took it. I ran off during the party."

"Yes, everyone knows."

"And went to a place to relax and four hours later Niall apeared, too, and he apologized for Miranda and took that picture. I hid my profile from the picture because I didn't want this to happen", I explain.

I don't know why I'm so confident. Usually I wouldn't get a word out but Sam seems like a person you can tell everything. He listens without asking anything in between or making comments.

"Okay... Weird... Good, you should stay away from Miranda for a while. She's pretty pissed and mad at you and Niall, especially you. After having some "I'm so sorry"-Sex they were on good therms again but I don't think Miranda will leave you alone. Whenever you need something, I'm there", he speaks.

I nod and look into his eyes. The green color looks just like mine, hust a little darker.

"Thank you, Sam. Since you're already here, do you know where my brother is?", I ask.

"I think he was talking to Josh when I last saw him. They were walking to Josh's place. Why?", he tells me.

"He didn't tell me and I waited longer than I should and I was worried."

"Okay, I have to get back to Niall's. I just told him I needed to get something from the store. Do you perhaps have some Coke? I'll give you the money", he smiles.

I nod and go to the kitchen to get the Coke cans. I feel nervous, as I touch the sugar water filled cans. I'm not even drinking these myself and I'm scared of the sugar and calories. Anyway, why is Sam trying to help me with the Instagram thing? It's no biggy. No one really noticed the picture. Miranda is too much of a chicken to pull something off. I give Sam the two cans and recieve five dollars from him.

"Keep it. You'll need it more than I do", he tells me.

*****

I take my phone out and take a picture of the almost dead tree in front of school. It's pretty old and has no more leafs. It looks pretty dryed out, just like bones. And as ususal, put a black and white filter on it and post it.

"We turn skeletons into goddesses and look to them as if they might teach us how not to need."
-> On my way to school... wish me luck. Today everything's going down, I feel it.

As soon as I walk through the gates, Miranda takes strides towards me with her long model-like legs.

You could look just like her. Just a bit more discipline and your goal is soon reached.

I pull my hoodie down more into my face. Why does Luke have to be a little bitch and come to school later because of a stupid doctors appointment? Josh isn't here yet, too, and Sam is nowhere to be seen. I turn my music off and push everything into the belly-pocket of my hoodie. It's the dark gray Nike hoodie from the night on the roof. As I up the the front door, I see Niall, Sam and Miranda together, talking but Miranda looks directly at me. I quickly look down, hoping she'll leave me alone.

"You little bitch", Miranda shouts at me.

I stop in my tracks and look at her with fear in my eyes. She really scares me. Her blue-gray eyes bore right through your soul and your darkest secrets. She stops a few inches in front of me. I gulp down the knot forming in my throat.

"You better leave Niall alone. What are you even doing on that picture? Hm?", she spits.

"He took it without me knowing. We were just talking and I closed my eyes for two minutes", I explain truthfully, a little frightened.

She grabs my hoodie collar with her huge hands. Her plasic nails bore into my skin. Everyone is watching us now, I can feel the stares on us.

"You better stay away from him, bitch. If I see you with him one more time, I'll kill you personally", she growls.

I nod and look straight into her eyes. She's huge compared to me because she's wearing heels, not that high ones though. She's (without heels) almost as tall as Niall. Miranda lets go of my collar and stalks off to her friends. I pull my hoodie straight and enter the school building. People start staring at me.

"Did you see her post yesterday?", someone says to their friend too loud.

Yes, I did post a picture of me in a cropped hoodie, so? Other girls do it, too. It's not that I'm that fat.

Do you hear the laughing, Alex? You are fatter than ever.

"Hey Loser, have you seen your locker yet? Nice pictures. Hope you aren't homophobic", someone laughs at me.

They start whispering while I walk past them. As soon as I reach my locker, I see what they mean. My eyes slide over to Josh's locker. There hang pictures of him and... Luke? What is Luke doing with Josh. Of course they're friends but they never really were alone together, exept yesterday. I step closer and see things I didn't want to see in my whole life. Josh is... kissing my brother and they are having some fun, not some fun but fun. You know what I mean... SEX! My brother and Josh had sex!? Who took these photos? That's extremely rude. I open my locker and find a piece of paper in it. I fold it open.

Sister of the gay jock... Seems like Luke didn't tell his twin everything... Oops?

I get my books out and throw the paper in the bin, ripping of the pictures afterwards. Josh and Luke have to explain some shit to me later. I'm not really mad but am mad, somehow. I move to Maths. I don't really want to think about it anymore. Niall is in Maths with me but I don't really care right now. I have better problems then to worry about some stupid boy. I sit down in my assigned seat, watching people pile in. Niall comes soon enough, just looking at me with a plain look. I mean, I am a loser afterall and he's a cool kid, so I understand his reasons. I don't care right now. I'll just ignore him, too. If he can be a bitch, I can be one, too.