Fifty-four

The only thing annoying about football games are that there are so many people who want to watch the game. My eyes wander over the bleachers, searching for Josh or anyone I know. Niall and I didn't talk since that thing with the video from Biology. My eyes wander to the very top edge of the bleachers, finding Josh with Niall and Sam. And the seat they keep for me is right next to Niall. The moment our eyes meet, is the moment I decide to turn around and find a different place to stand at. My feet carry me down the bleachers and to the other bleachers. Before I can step onto the other bleachers, a warm hand wraps around my arm.

"Sit with us", he says.

I shake his arm off and turn around with a glare on my face. The blue in his eyes shines brightly through the lights around the football field. My eyes wander down to his chest, seeing that he's wearing our schools hoodie, just like I am. He just has a jacket over it, unlike me. I'm already freezing, what did I think of just wearing this hoodie.

"Please", he says loud enough for me to hear over the cheering and shouting of the other students.

I shrug and look back at his eyes. He tugs on my arm lightly.

"Let's just forget everything and have a good time now. We can still talk later."

I nod and follow him back up to the seats. The others hug me quickly. The game starts soon and some guy tackeles Luke, so he hurts Luke. My sister instinkts start kicking in, so I start yelling profanties.

"You fucking idiot! That's my brother", my shouts die down in the crowd because everyone's louder.

Luke gets up, wiping off the dirt from his shirt. An opponent moves towards Luke, taking him by his collar, pressing their faces together. The only thing seperating them now is the helmet and head gear. I feel my body tense. Josh looks quite scared and Sam is laughing his ass off at something that Niall says. I watch the guy talk to Luke. He's too far away to read his lips. My eyes glue to Luke's face. His cheeks turn a crimson red, his eyes glaring at the guy in hate.

"Calm down, Alex. You're all tensed up", Niall says, laying a hand on my lower back.

I push him off quite rudly. He doesn't need to be like this now. That's my brother! I look over at Josh. His eyebrows are raised and he throws me a knowing look.

"Can I drive you home later?", Niall suddenly asks, looking all shy.

"I don't know. Can you?", I growl, keeping my eyes on the field to see my brother throw a perfect pass towards Jaydon.

"Yes, I can", he mumbles, "So, do you want me to drive you home?"

"I don't know. Can I trust you?"

That may have been a little harsh but he needs to understand what he did to me. I smirk up at him. He glares at me quickly.

"You can. I'll take you home", he announces.

I shrug and start cheering because we did a touchdown.

*****

The game was really intense and long. I'm freezing cold by now. Josh and Sam just had to go to the bathroom before we all leave, so I'm next to Niall freezing my ass off while he wears a warm jacket. My teeth chatter while I sway my body a little. My breathing causes small clouds of white steam to apear. I feel someone lay a heavy thing on my shoulders, me just staring at the wall in front of us. He gave me his jacket. I put my arms into the holes and let the warmth overtake me.

"You're freezing, Alex", Niall states.

"No shit, Sherlock", I grumble.

I don't even thank him. What a bitch I am. Josh comes back soon with Sam next to him. Luke's probably still getting a shower but he's also here with his car, so I text him that I'm already home. Niall tries to get me to hook our arms together but I brush his arm off. I hug Sam and Josh quickly before getting into Niall's new Range Rover. It was a Christmas present from his grandmother. She must be very rich or very generous. The huge car makes me shiver. Niall has a motorcycle, a BMW and a Range Rover. He's so rich. His parents firm must be very successful. He'll be so rich later on. The thing I always asked myself is, why Niall goes to a public high school and not a private school or is home-schooled. That's a little confusing.