Fifty-one

I feel something on my forehead and a hand around mine. My head is pounding. There is no sound but the sound of two breathing people, me and someone else. My eye lids feel heavy. The red colour of my eye lids irritates me. I open them slowly, trying not to get blinded. My head spinns. I should've eaten. Being beaten by Christina made it worse. I look down at my hand, seeing a burn covered hand. Niall's eyes are focussed on his phone. His eyes wandering across it quickly. I close my eyes a little, just letting a small slit open to read the texts. I'm not that bad person. I'm just nosy.

Josh: Is she okay again? I should come over.

Niall: No, she's unconcious. I hope she wakes up soon or I have to get her to the hospital...

Josh: Make sure she's okay. I told Luke and he said you can take care of her alone. He says you should bring her home when she's better. Make sure she's home before her parents are there.

Niall: Okay.

I close my eyes fully. I pretend that I wake up slowly, moving around a little, then just pulling my hand from Niall's. He smiles at me.

"It's been one and a half hours. I was getting worried", he exclaims, making my head pound from the loud noise.

I scrunch up my nose. The smile on his face disapears slowly.

"Are you okay?", he asks quieter and softer.

I shake my head slightly, pulling the cold towel off of my head. Niall takes it from me. I sit up slowly on the couch. My hand finds my face. The area around my eye is swollen.

"I should bring you home. Luke is worried but I already told Josh and him what happened. Luke doesn't want your parents to know anything about it."

I nod, getting up from the couch. Niall holds me, so I don't fall while walking. He helps me put my shoes on again. I thank him a few times but he only says: "It's my duity as a best friend."

I blush at his words. Just as we want to leave, the front door opens and in come his parents. Mrs Horan already has a bright smile on her face.

"Oh, Alexandra! What a pleasure to see you again", she smiles widely, pulling me into a friendly hug.

Niall's dad nods towards me, looking at my eye suspiciously. Mrs Horan sees it now, too.

"What happened?", Mr Horan asks carefully.

Think about something you idiot!

"Oh, I'm very clumsy. I just bumped my eye on the corner of a table while picking up a pen in school. I know it sounds weird but I'm that clumsy", I lie, smiling at them.

Niall tries to hold in his laughter behind me, so I step on his foot, trying not to make it too obvious.

"Where are you two love birds going?", his mom asks, a slight smirk on her face.

Love birds... hahahhahaha.

"I was about to drive Alex home. We were working on some things for Prom. I think we really need to leave", Niall explains to his parents.

"Oh, it's okay. Just make sure to bring her home safely. We don't want our new apprentice to die before her first day", Mr Horan hints.

I stop grabbing my school bag, realizing what he just said. I'm really going to work here? That... That is amazing!

"Thank you, Mr and Mrs Horan. It's an honnor to work for your company", I say calmly.

Inside a whole concert, dance club and zoo are partying.