Fifty-two

My parents were so happy to find out I'll be having a job and actually get some money to myself somehow. The only thing they really hope for now is that I get my own flat to live in but I still have time for that. I still have to sign the contract with the Horans. My dad actually started crying. It was really cute.

"Alex! We're leaving now! Take care of your brother!", my mother shouts up the stairs.

"Okay! Love you! Have fun!", I shout back.

They are going on a short trip to Hawaii. To be honest: They just don't want to be in a house with us at the moment. Luke and I are constantly flighting because we're so overworked by learing for our finals. I actually drew a sign for Luke to stay out of my room and stuck it to the door. He didn't come in once. I heard that almost everyone is already stressing about Prom. We're starting to sell tickets on Monday, so it's about 4 weeks to Prom. We'll start decorating two weeks before. All of the decorations are in the principals office. We get the flowers on the morning of Prom and the food comes a few hours before. Niall still has to get the new crowns and the sashes. I really need him to buy them. Our WiFi broke down, so I won't be able to order them. And I don't want to spend 20$ on a stupid plastic crown at a costume store. They only cost like 3$ on Amazon. I just really hope Niall doesn't forget them. My phone vibrates on my leg, making me look away from my text book. History isn't really that easy. I unlock the new message, seeing it's from Niall. It's a picture of a suit. A simple black suit with a light gray dress shirt and a black and light blue striped tie. He types a quick message after.

Niall: This one or a black tie? Thinking about asking a special girl to Prom ;)

I like the tie but a black tie would be better, so I reply with the black tie. That girl can be lucky to be asked to go to Prom by Niall. I look over at my closet, where my dress would hang, if someone asked me out. How good I would look in one next to Niall. Just immagine us at Prom, dancing together, having fun... It's just a dream.

Niall: Sure? I heard she has a dress in blue and I wanted something to match...

Alex: Maybe get a blue dress shirt or a blue pocket square. It'll look fine, trust me.

He leaves me on read, so I lock my phone again, reading through a few pages in my History book. This stuff is kinda boring. But who wants good grades needs to learn.

*****

Boys from our whole grade come walking towards us with money in their hands. The tickets are selling pretty good. Everyone in the student council already got themselves tickets. Niall told me he had one for me, so I don't have to store it at my place. He's very sweet. Sam comes up to the stand, getting two tickets.

"So, who are you guys going with?", he asks Niall and I.

"I don't have a date yet but I'm planing on asking this special girl", Niall says.

Sam smirks, wiggeling with his eyebrows. Niall throws a glare in his direction, making my laugh lightly.

"And you, Alex? I heard Jimmy wants to ask you", Sam grins at me.

Niall shifts from one leg to another while selling a guy some tickets. He clears his troat. Jimmy is a very cocky kind of guy. He's the basketball teams captain. His reputation is worse than Niall's and I think Niall's was kinda bad before I got to know him.

"Jimmy? Ew, no. I'd rather go alone", I exclaim, getting out four tickets for some girl group.

"That's my girl", Sam smiles, patting my shoulder.

I smile back at him before he leaves.

"Are you free this afternoon? I'd like to do something with you, maybe get some pizza and enjoy life together. We didn't meet like this in a while now", Niall asks.