Eleven

Luke and I are on good terms again. Niall and my father are already talking for an hour. I'm getting pretty nervous, so I stop doing my homework and pull my hoodie on again. I walk down the stairs quietly. They don't have to know that I'm listening. My fluffy socks hide my steps. Man, I love fluffy socks. I hear my father laugh at something Niall said. This is going pretty well.

"Well, Niall. I think you should talk to my daughter now. She'll be very happy with this decision. Her mother is going to say yes, too", I hear my father.

"Thank you, James. I'll go talk to her", the chair scratches the floor.

I have to run up the stairs. Probably I'll fall up the stairs with my clumsy ass. I take two steps at a time. My breath goes quick, as I sit down on my bed with my phone in my hand. Just act naturally. I can't calm my breath. A knock is heard on the door.

"Come in", I say.

Niall opens the door. He gives me a questioning look, as he sees my red face.

"What's wrong with you? You look like you ran a marathon", he laughs and closes the door behind him.

I shake my head and cross my legs, so Niall can sit down when he wants to. He does.

"Your Dad said yes."

I smile and look at my legs. What really interests me is how he did it. He probably has a lot of interests my father has, too, maybe the Baltimore Ravens or the Boston Red Socks or anything related to music and cars or motorcycles. He must've seen his Red Socks coffee cup.

"How did you do it?", I ask.

"Oh, I just saw the Red Socks mug and your nice car outside. I told him that Josh and another girl would be there. We then talked about his car and sports. It was really nice. He asked me how we met, so I told him that we go to school together and we met at lunch, so a full lie."

"Really? He believed you?"

"Yeah, quite surprising. So, now to the facts. We're leaving Wednesday two hours after school. The drive takes one hour. We are six people and have three rooms with four beds. Josh and Luke are going to have one bed, Miranda and Sam are having seperate ones. Miranda is not going to sleep in a bed with you. Sam and I are not going to sleep in one bed. I don't want to sleep in a bed with Miranda, so you have to decide if you want Sam or me in your bed", Niall explains.

"How big are the beds?", I question.

Why do I have to sleep in a bed with someone?

"A little bigger than this one."

"Do you have a couch? I'd take it, so you guys have it comfortable."

"No, you won't. We can decide it when we're there. Maybe Sam wants to take the couch or I'll take it but you're sleeping in a bed", Niall demands.

"Okay."

*****

We finally get out of the car. The ride felt longer than we thought. Josh, Luke and I lost Niall's car after half an hour of driving, so we had to turn on the navigation system of Josh's car. Of course that thing let us take an extra long way and we drove one and a half hours instead of one hour. Last week went by pretty fast. Josh and I hung out with Niall, Miranda and Sam in school and we even went out to eat one night. Niall stands at the front porch. His lips carry a smirk. Probably he hung us off on purpose. He's such an idiot but a incredibly nice and funny idiot. I get my backpack from the trunk. My backpack (it's a huge Eastpack) just carries three hoodies, two t-shirts, two pair of jeans, no bikini (because of my body and I don't feel like it now) and my bathroom stuff. Luke also forced me to take two pair of shorts but I don't like shorts, so I probably won't wear them. Suddenly I hear someone say my name, so I look up from the ground. Niall opens his arms for me to hug him. I didn't see or hear him walk over to me. I step towards him and let him hug me. Just then my eyes find the house. It's made of wood and it has two floors. This place is beautiful. The lake is behind the house. Maybe there is a jetty on the other side. The mountains around the lake look beautiful. This is going to be the an amazing long weekend.

"So, what do you think?", Niall asks.

"It's beautiful", I tell him.

Niall agrees and greets Josh and Luke. We enter the house. Sam and Miranda sit on the couch you can see from the entrance. The house has an open kitchen, actually everything is open. You can reach everything without having to open doors or walk around walls. I step up to the window wall and look outside. The lake is huge. A jetty reaches into the water. It's really clear. You can see the bottom of the lake. I don't see any other people swimming or other houses around the lake.

"Come on, Alex. I'll show you around. Sam and Miranda can take you two", Niall speaks.

I step towards him and follow him up the stairs. The stairs are made of wood, too. It's dark wood. This is so beautiful.

"So, Miranda and Sam kinda decided that you and I sleep in one bed. I hope you don't have any problems with that. It's a pretty big bed, so I don't think it'll be that bad", he admits, as we reach the first bedroom.

I nod and look at the bed. It's king size, so pretty big. Mine at home is like half of this one. Niall gestures to the bed side on the window front.

"All yours", he tells me.

I throw my bag next to the bed and take a look out of the window. The lake is silent and only a few ducks swim on it. It's so beautiful. This is an amazing break we're taking. I open a window and let some fresh air inside. Niall steps up beside me. He takes ahold of my hand. It's warm and feels great in mine. He leads me to the bathroom and then to a room with a huge TV and a huge couch you can lay on and cuddle up into blankets and stuff. This place is amazing.

"How do you like it?", he asks, his voice shaking a bit.

"I love this place. It's amazing and the bed looks so comfortable", I tell him.

"Okay, we're going to have a swim in the lake when you're comfortable here. We'll meet at five downstairs. That would be half an hour, so no more getting comfortable, sorry", he chuckles slightly.

I choose to hide that I didn't pack a bikini. It's just too early to show them my body and scars. I still need to gain some weight. In the past week I gained about 6kg. It actually feels okay to weigh some more now.

"So Alex, what are you waiting for? Get dressed into your bikini", Niall smiles.

"I don't have one, Niall", I admit.

I just can't lie to him. He's just too nice to me. His smile turns into a frown. He's probably thinking of how much of a loser I am. I'm scared of showing my body to people I barely know. Not even Josh or Luke saw me in a bikini or any other type of short stuff. They don't even know I cut.

"Is it because you're scared of us seeing your body?", Niall asks.

I nod and feel tears form in my eyes. My hoodie covered hands lay over my eyes, taking the tears off of my face.

"You don't have to, Alex. You're beautiful. I like the way you look and I bet the others will, too. If you feel too uncomfortable just swim with one of my t-shirts. I'm sure Miranda has another bikini for you to wear. I'll talk to her, okay?", Niall calms me.

He takes my hands from my face and wipes some tears off. I nod.

"You're beautiful. Don't forget that", Niall tells me.