Thirty-seven

The only thing I need now is a good cup of coffee. School is stressing me out so much but my grades are staying positive. I've been learing more since Niall and I fought over my looks and why I don't trust him and he lies to me and that stuff. It's been two days since Niall broke up with Christina, nothing much changed. Christina's been avoiding us. I, thank god, didn't hear anything from Liam. The only thing really bugging me is that Niall's avoiding me, too. He constantly walks away when I get too close to him or he just doesn't respond to my messages. It's really annoying. I just want the normal Niall back. The Niall before Christina and Liam came and ruined everything. My legs move fast, as I see Niall pull up into his driveway. He treated himself with a new motorcycle. It looks really expensive, just like his old one. Not that I care but he doesn't drive very safely. He sometimes doesn't even wear a helmet, so I won't wonder why he dies when he has an accident. Josh decided to go on a date with Luke tonight, so it'll be my parents and I in the house. They still don't know about my anorexia and my depressions. They don't have to know. I'll be better sooner or later. With Niall's help I can do this. He just has to calm down from the break up and news he recieved. I open the front door, not a single car stands in our driveway. My bag flies across the room to its usual spot. I take off my shoes and hoodie to reveal a normal black tank top. My tattoo healed quite good. Kevin did an amazing job. I go to the kitchen to make something to eat. The freezer carries some Pizza Roles, so I take them out and make me a few, and when I mean a few, I mean 12. I'm hungry, you know.

Fat a-

Oh, just shut up. I'm sick as fuck already. Food is the only positive thing now. Just as the small tasty roles are done, the doorbell rings. I groan in annoyance, leaving them in the microwave, about to scream at the person who made me leave my food. The door creaks a little, as I open it. Niall's eyes meet mine. His lips are in a casual smile.

"Hey, can I come in?", he asks friendly.

"Sure", I say and step aside.

He follows me to the kitchen, sitting down at the dining table. I get my food from the microwave. The smell alone makes my stomach grumble. I take a fork and sit down with Niall. He carries a smirk on his face by now. Food is life.

"Seems like you're fine with eating again", he states.

"More than fine. I love it", I tell him with a full mouth.

Way to go, Alex. That was so attractive. He'll defnitly want you now.

Niall laughs at me quietly. I missed being with him like this. Usually we just have those deep conversations and I'm crying all the time. These conversations with a lot of laughing are my favourite. I eat up all of the Pizza Roles.

"Were they any good?", he asks.

"They were perfect. Do you want anything? Water? Coke? Food?", I smile at him, putting my plate in the dishwasher.

"I'm good. It's good like this. I actually came over to work on that History project we have due in two days. We really forgot about that one", he admits.

I facepalm myself and guide him up to my room. We really didn't do anything. I sit down on the floor with my laptop, just then I realize that Niall has his laptop on his lap, too. Let's just hope we're getting an A on this. History isn't really my greatest subject.

"What was the theme and task again?", I ask quite stressed, opening a Word document.

"The theme was What the Americans did in World War 2. The task is to write a fiveteen page essay about it with lettering size 11, paragraphs of 1.5 and that's it. We can do this. I already picked out some information and wrote six pages", Niall explains.

Now I feel really bad for forgetting. We were having so much drama, I just forgot about it.

"I'm so sorry for forgetting", I admit, writing down the theme and task on the document.

"It's okay", he smiles friendly.

*****

"Did I already tell you how much I hate History?", I ask, chuckling.

"You did tell me at least a hundred times while we were working and we got the food", Niall smirks.

I laugh with him slightly. He has the Chinese food in the bag in his hand. We walked at least thirty minutes to the place to get some food but I am craving it. Niall and I took three hours to get done with the essay and I swear, if that doesn't get an A, I'm going to be super mad.

"What are you doing?", I ask Niall, as he walks past my house.

"Going somewhere", he smiles.

I follow him, trying to catch up to his speed. His legs are just too long. We walk past some elderly women, talking about something.

"It's so nice to see young people fall in love", one of them speaks.

Niall gives me a weird look. We both laugh while walking to an unknown destination. He takes a left a long while after that. We walked pretty far. We stand in front of a huge building.

Horan Publishing Co.

"What are we doing here? I thought your parents are still thinking about the job", I ask quite confussed.

"Just stay quiet and follow me", Niall smirks.

He's up to something. We enter the huge complex. It's so tall. I didn't even know it was so close to my place. Okay, not close but possible to reach with walking. That's so cool. Niall greets the lady at the reception.

"Hello, Amanda. This is my friend Alex. You know where we're at", he speaks, shaking hands with the lady called Amanda.

She's in her mid fourties but still looks very young. Niall takes my hand in his while we walk towards an elevator. He presses the last button with Mr. Horan written beside it. That would be his fathers office. The elevator doors open soon, so we both get out and step into a huge office with books, awards and manuscripts laying everywhere.

"Don't mind the mess, Niall! I was just looking for my latest manuscript. And I see you brought your lovely friend Alexandra", he states.

I smile back at Mr Horan. He wears a pair of normal jeans and a short sleeved blue button up. His hair is slightly messy. I know where Niall got his looks from.

"We'd like to go up", Niall explains.

I have no idea what he's talking about.

"Sure, just go and make sure to close the door. Don't want the cold air to get inside."

Niall nods and starts walking towards the book shelves. He disapears behind the shelve.

"It was nice to see you again", Mr Horan tells me.

"I can only agree", I say.

He points his finger out to the direction Niall went, probably telling me to get going. I give him one last smile. He smiles back. I step behind the shelve Niall went behind, finding him waiting at a flight of stairs. We go up the stairs together, only to find a door. Niall opens it. It reveals the roof of the building to us. Bushes and flowers grow on it. A bench with a table stands pretty close to the edge. The sun is already slowly going down.

"I usually sit here and do my homework or read", Niall explains.

"It's really beautiful up here", I say.

We sit down on the bench. Niall gives me my food. I start eating, watching the sun go down. The sky is painted in a orange and blue color. My food is empty soon, So I put the box onto the table. I pull my feet up to my chest, resting my chin on my knees.

"My parents are giving you the job, you know? I heard them talking about it yesterday. I also heard them say, that you're going to be my assistant but first we're going to get tought our jobs seperately. You'll be working with my mom. She'll show you everything you need to know", Niall tells me.

"Really?", I ask quite surprised.

He nods, smiling widely. I smile to myself. We'll really be friends forever. Maybe my life has a sence.