Fifty

The warm arms around my waist irritate me slightly. I just fell asleep last night. My body turns around to see Niall laying there. His eyes are closed and quiet snores are heard. I smile to myself. We're back to normal, if normal is actually a thing. I get out of bed, turning the radio on. May Niall wake up or stay asleep, I don't give a fuck. I get some clothes out of my closet. The material of my navy-blue hoodie and my gray jogging pants feels nice against my hand. I change in the bathroom quickly, checking my phone in the process. There are just a few messages from Instagram and a text from Josh. Then I see a picture Niall posted. It's me sleeping on his chest with my hair laid out, not covering my tattoo. He tagged me with my new username. How can he post that? I actually don't really care but still.

Best person in my life. I love you, birdy <3 @anonalex_recovery #bestfriends #birdy

I like it quickly, deciding on posting a revenge picture. I turn the music off, checking, if Niall's asleep. My body takes place next to Niall again and almost immideately, he lays his head on my chest. I snap a few pictures without my face on it, just my upper body. The only quote I can find on google is kinda stupid but I take it anyway.

"You're my favourite reason to lose sleep."
-> We're okay again. Thanks <3 @niallhoran_bigd (like srsly you need to change your url... I've told you before.)

I suddenly feel something pull on one of my hands. I take a quick look, seeing Niall pull my hand towards his head. He makes me lay it in his hair.

"Play with it", he mumbles sleepy.

Should I? Well, what is there to lose? I start running my fingers through his hair while he just lays on my stomach. His arms lay around my waist, his legs sprawled across mine. His hair is so soft and fluffy. I love it. He hugs me closer to him, as I play with single strands while checking my Tumblr and other stuff. Quiet humms come from Niall. His eyes are still closed. Why can't this stay forever? I lock my phone, sliding down a little to lay more comfortable. My hands still run through his hair. I love this. Why can't we just confess each other how we feel and be together forever? It's not that simple.

"This is so relaxing", Niall suddenly mumbles.

"Yeah", I whisper quietly.

My eyes close soon, so I just take in the moment. I feel Niall's body rise with mine, evertime I breathe. His hands wander from around my waist to my stomach, right next to his face. I let one hand comb through his hair and the other on his shoulder.

"Can we just let this settle for a few minutes? I really like it", Niall suddenly smiles.

"Sure. Just do me a favour and don't tell anyone that I kinda like it, too", I exclaim in a hushed voice.

"The secret is safe with me."

I smile to myself, letting him lay all of his weight on me. My heartbeat is really quick. Feels like I'm going to faint any second.

"Do you want to switch places? I mean, you get to feel the pleasure of being in my position?", Niall asks after a while, looking up to me.

I nod quite embaressed. He gets off of me, letting me slide down and him up to half sit, half lay. I put my head on his abdomen. The hard feeling kind of welcoming. I feel his hand run through my hair, massaging my head. My eyes close and my body laying sprawled across Niall's legs and chest. He wraps a strand of my hair around his finger. The feeling makes me happy.

"It's kinda weird", I suddenly burst.

"What?", he asks curiously.

"That we behave like more than just friends, Niall. I really like you but more than friends consists of two people", I tell him honestly.

"I know and that's the reason we're still friends."

I just nod, not being in the mood to argue.

*****

My eyes wander around the hallway, searching for Niall. He wanted to talk to some people from the student council to tell them that we have everything ordered to set up in four weeks. How am I going to have time to learn when we have to build up everything? Sam, Josh, Luke and Miranda already agreed to help us and the student council. Sammantha still hates the idea. If we said it was Niall's idea she would've agreed. Stupid to think she'd like one of my ideas.

"Alex, run!", Niall suddenly screams, running past me.

I look at what Niall's running from and see Christina and some guy double of Niall's muscle mass run towards me. My feet start making me move quickly behind Niall. As soon as I leave the building, I see Niall getting onto his motorcycle far from school. That guy is either fast or I'm too slow. I glance behind me quickly. That guy is so close to me. He looks a little like Christina but that's not important right now. I'm about to die. Niall makes his way to me but I feel a big hand grab my shoulder. I'm fucked and Niall won't be able to help me. The guy pulls me back, holding me tight in his arms. I sqirm around but that guy is too strong. Niall isn't quick enough. Christina comes running to that guy and I. Her hand is already lifted to hit me. I close my eyes, waiting for the impact and a few seconds later I feel it taking place on my cheek. The stinging feeling makes me squeal. My head starts pounding, as she lets her hands rip around my hair.

"Let her go, you fucker!", I hear Niall shout.

Christina stops, looking over to Niall. I try to look over but the guy has his back turned towards Niall. She walks over to him quickly.

"What do you want?", he spits.

"Well Niall, you have to punish a bad person. She ruined all of my plans. Walker knows how to take care of people like her, show him, Walker", I hear Christina.

Walker turns around with me in his arms. Niall's eyes meet mine. The arms around my waist tighten. Pain shoots through my stomach. That's going to bruise. My face carries a pained expression. Christina starts walking towards me but Niall holds her back by her arm. Walker lets go of me. I fall to the ground, making my head hit the ground lightly. Just as I try to stand up again, Walker pushes Niall off of Christina. As soon as my feet are back on the ground and I'm stable enough to walk, Walker tries to punch Niall. He fails hitting him, so I walk over, trying to get them off of each other. Christina stops me by jumping on me, ripping around my hair. I try to push her off but I'm too weak. She presses me to the ground soon, throwing a punch at my face, which hits my eye and another one to my nose.

"Walker, let's go. We can find them some other time. I want to punish her, when she's not that worn out", Christina speaks, getting off of me.

My hands immideatly go to my face, checking, if my nose is bleeding which it isn't. This is probably just going to bruise. Walker pushes Niall one last time, before running after Christina. Niall tries to make an attempt on running after them but he stops, as he sees me. He helps me up on my legs. We get on his motorcycle together. He gives me a helmet before putting one on his head. We drive off, reaching Niall's place soon. Just as I want to get off, my legs feel wobbely and I break down to the ground, loosing my consciousness.