Fifty-seven

The dress hangs on my closet. It's time. The decorations for Prom are amazing. Niall and I are together for about two weeks now. I can tell you that I've never been more happy about this. Even our finals went good. I have a 3.5 GPA, so does Niall. We're not valedictorians, thank god. Graduation is in two days from now. I'm so excited to finally get out of school and live my own life. I'm moving into my new flat in two days though. I've been packing since this morning to at least be prepared. And I still don't know who my room mate is but my landlord told me he was a nice boy and she knew his parents, so I'm pretty excited. She also told me that he has a girlfriend, so I don't have to worry about a creep or anything.

Miranda should be coming over anytime now, so I put my make up on my floor in front of my body-mirror. I actually learned how to do my make up for tonight all alone but I want to start when Miranda's here. We're meeting at Niall's house afterwards but the boys, as in Niall, Sam and Josh, are picking us and Luke up. We all just decided Niall's house is the best to take pictures since their garden is so huge and they have all of those fancy decorations. Niall's parents even got us three photographers for the shoot before Prom. It's just crazy. This night is going to be so amazing. My mom opens the door downstairs. Just a few seconds later, I hear someone coming up the stairs. The door to my room flies open and reveals Miranda with a few bags in her hand. Behind her follows Luke with her dress.

"Hey", I greet her, getting pressed to her in a hug.

"We are going to slay Prom", she laughs, letting me go.

"That's true. Bye Luke", I smile at my twin.

He sticks out his tounge, hanging up Miranda's dress where mine hangs. She decides to put up some girly music to get ready and I agree. Every hard shell has a soft inside. We sit down on my floor, make up scattered in front of us. We pick diverse brushes, palettes and sponges, before we both decide that we look decent. Miranda helps me with my hair, doing a small braid on the top of my head, tieing it together in a ponytail with the rest of my hair afterwards. She does a wild bun on her lower head. Just as I want to put some concealer on my pink scars, Miranda catches my hand with the concealer.

"You don't have to cover them up. I don't want to say selfharm is good or anything but they just suit you. They represent you. You shouldn't be covering them up. People need to know what you went through, Alex. Not only I think you look beautiful, even with those scars. It's just like your tattoos, they define you", she tells me, letting her fingers brush over the pink and white scars.

"But they're ugly and I think Niall doesn't like them", I say.

"He loves you just as you are, Alex. If he doesn't like your scars, sorry, he's not your man", she smiles.

"That's true. I'll just take a jacket in case."

"Okay but promise me you don't wear it the whole time."

"Okay, I promise. Now that it's that way, I'll put it in the car, so I don't get cold after Prom", I admit to her.

"That's my girl."

We slip into our dresses, after debating, if I should cover up my scars or not. I help her zip up and button up her long dress while she does a few touch ups to her hair and make up. Then she zips up my dress. We both pull on our shoes and voilà. I put my phone into the pockets my dress has. Yes, I didn't notice until I looked at it further at home. It actually made me fall more in love with this dress.

"We're so going to be squad goals tonight", Miranda smiles at me.

"Yeah, I just hope we have fun. I'm so excited for the photoshoot at Niall's. My Instagram is going to be full of pictures of us guys", I tell her honestly.

The doorbell rings downstairs, signaling that the boys are here. Luke meets us at the top of the stairs. My palms are really sweaty. I've never been this nervous to see Niall. It's crazy. We're just going to Prom. Miranda goes down as first, then Luke and then me. I almost fall down the last step, as two muscular arms hold me tight against a chest.

"Easy there, birdy", he mumbles, kissing my head.

I blush furiously. My parents stand there, ready to take some pictures for the family album. Niall takes a step away from me.

"Damn, this is even better than my imagination", he admits, spinning me around once.

"You look good yourself, Niall. Now stop staring at my non existent boobs, my eyes are up here", I laugh, pointing to my eyes.

"Oh, I can't wait to see them."

He smirks before getting out my flower corsage and handing it to me. I quickly tie it to my wrist. My mom is crying like a mess, as we all aligne for a group picture to put in the family photo album my mom made.

"You all look so good", my mom sobs.

How is graduation going to be like? Is she going to cry the whole way through? My dad takes a few pictures before they dismiss us. Niall and I get into his car. Before we drive after the others, he leans over to me, kissing me deeply.

"I got to be really honest. You look so damn sexy in that dress, I was scared to get a boner in front of your parents", he chuckles, after breaking the kiss.

"Well, too bad. I would've laughed at you", I smirk.

"Let's talk about that when you come to my place after Prom. Your parents gave me your sleeping stuff", he laughs, driving off.

I roll my eyes. He's so cocky but that's what I love about him. We arrive at his place soon.

*****

A billion pictures later, we finally decide to go to the dance. Niall and I got some really cute couple pictures where we stand in his living room with the window wall towards the garden and some in his actual room to make it more private. We kiss or hug in almost every picture but there are a few that I like most. In one he is standing outside the glass wall, glaring at me and I'm inside laughing at him loudly with my finger pointed at him. It was a random picture since he actually locked himself out and I didn't want to let him in again.

"Wanna dance, birdy? I think you need some vitamin-dancing", Niall tries to joke but doesn't get me to laugh.

I just cross my arms and look at him questioning. The music is pretty loud but I got to say that everything is perfect. The decoration is just beautiful.

"That was my best one", he tells me, "Come on. I was trying to be funny."

I agree to dancing with him, so we dance to some 90s songs. He keeps his eyes on me while we dance. The beat fills my body. Niall takes my hands when a slower song starts playing. You and Me by Lighthouse starts playing. My arms wrap around Niall's neck. He has his hands on my waist.

"'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose. And it's you and me and all the other people. And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you", Niall sings lightly to the song.

I feel my cheeks heat up. He kisses me quickly. My eyes wander across everyone else. Miranda and Sam are at the buffet and Luke and Josh are nowhere to be found. They're probably in the bathroom. Gross. My eyes find Niall's again. His eyes are on my face, taking me in. I lean forward, closing the gap between our lips. I really love this boy.