Thirty-one

Niall and I sit down on the roof. This house is still not sold. No one cares about this place. It's good that no one cares about it. That way Niall and I have an escape point.

"Do you like Christina?", Niall asks.

What am I going to tell him? I can tell him that I like her and lie to him or I can tell him that I don't like her and ruin our friendship again.

"I-I don't really know. We don't know each other yet", I lie.

He nods and gets his phone out. I take a look and see that he's texting Christina. He smiles to himself. Oh man, I hate her. She's taking my friend away from me.

"We'll meet her at Starbucks in twenty minutes. She actually likes you", Niall explains.

I thought we would spend an afternoon together, alone, like we did before Christina was a thing. He must see my expression of sadness because he lays his arm around my shoulders, pulling me to him. He kisses my head softly.

"I'm sorry but Christina is a part of me now. You have to accept that. I won't be avaliable so often anymore. Christina and I need to spend some time together, we're a couple", Niall explains.

"It's okay", I mumble quietly.

Can't he just see how bad she is for him? She hates all of his friends and bullies me. We don't like her with him. I think Niall needs a girl like Miranda: confident and nice. Not a stuck up bitch like Christina.

"You can tell me everything, you know? Even if you don't like Christina, I have to accept that, so tell me the truth", Niall says.

I take a deep breath. Niall has to know.

"I don't really like her, okay? I have a slight disliking towards her", I explain to him.

He nods and takes his arm off of me. Maybe he does care what I think about Christina. We leave the house soon and make our way to the Starbucks. I'm not a fan of Starbucks.

"Niall, I'm sorry, but I can't go with you. I don't feel like going to Starbucks with you and Christina. I'll better go home", I mumble and try to change the direction.

"No, you're coming with me, birdy. I want you to come with me", Niall stops me, holding my arm tight.

I give in and follow Niall. He enters the shop in front of me. We see Christina standing there already. She frowns, as she sees me. Her eyes glaring at me. I hide behind Niall a little.

"Hey, baby", Niall says to Christina and kisses her quickly.

"Hey", she smirks.

I stand in the backround, hiding from Christina's eyes.

"Hello, Alex", she says with a quite mocking tone.

Her eyes bore into mine. We have a small staredown. Her eyes have this scary brown colour.

"Hi", I mumble quietly.

Niall doesn't even seem to notice the glares we throw at each other. We order our drinks, of course I have to pay for myself, thanks Niall, very nice of you. The employee smiles at me nicely, as he asks for my name. I blush slightly. We get our drinks. I look at my cup of black coffee. The guy wrote down a small message, how cute.

Have a nice day, pretty Alex. ;)

I chuckle quickly and take a picture for my Instagram. That's pretty cute. We sit down at a booth near to the door. I just want to go home. Luke and I still want to learn together.

"How's your day been?", Niall asks his girlfriend.

I roll my eyes quickly. They're going to be all lovey-dovey. My eyes wander around the store. A few people sit together talking, laughing and smiling. Happiness is all that I want. I hear the bell over the door ring loudly. I look over and see the person I didn't want to see at all enter the store. His ugly face makes my choke on my drink. I start coughing violently, trying not to die. A few seconds later I stop. Christina and Niall give me a questioning look.

"Sorry."

I look down at my hands. Just don't let Liam see me. He will come here and try stuff on me, even if Niall and Christina are sitting opposite to us. A few minutes pass when Niall tells us that he has to go to the bathroom. He leaves me alone with Christina and Liam, wo still stands at the counter. I feel my head spinning.

"You look so desperate", Christina speaks.

"Excuse me?", I blurt out.

"You're trying to take Niall from me but I know that you won't be able to do that because you're just the fat and ugly bitch. Just like Liam told me", she smirks.

What?

"What? You know Liam?", I ask.

"Yeah, she does and we're together, babe", Liam speaks up behind me.

Wait a minute. I need a second to process. Liam knows Christina and they both hate me now. Niall is together with Christina and she's together with Liam, too. What a bitch!

"What the fuck? Could someone explain this to me?", I growl.

"Of course, babe. I met Christina when I came here two months ago. I told her I was looking for you and of course she knew you. She told me everything about you. Even that you have a crush on Niall, so she decided to take him away from you. Now you're just the lonely ugly fat bitch you always were. If you tell him anything about this I'll make sure that your life will be living hell", Liam explains.

I nod and feel tears in my eyes. This is unbelievable. I get up from my seat and leave the shop without my coffee. That thing didn't taste good in the first place. Tears stream down my face. I've been crying too much since I met Niall. Maybe he isn't that good for me. I need to talk to Josh. My feet carry me the whole way to Josh's house. His parents aren't there. I ring the doorbell twice. The door opens and a pretty tired looking Josh apears.

"Alex, what's wrong?", he chokes out.

His voice is raspy and sound like someone used sandpaper on it.

"Can I please come in and talk to you?", I ask sobbing.

He nods understandingly, leading me up to his room. We sit down on his bed. Tissues lay scatered around the room. He's really sick. Let's just hope I don't get sick like him.

"What's up with you? You're crying like a mess and you look scared", he states.

"Liam's back and things happened. He-"

"Hold up! Did he touch you? That bastard!", Josh exclaims.

"No, he didn't touch me but Niall and I met up. He asked me to go to Starbucks with him, so I said yes. Christina was there too and we got our coffee and everything. She glared at me the whole time, just like usual. Niall had to use the loo soon, so he went. Liam came up to me and Christina and explained that they're together and are trying to break me and that I'm a fat bitch", I explain.

"So Christina is together with Niall and Liam?", Josh asks pretty shocked.

I nod, tears running down my face. Josh gives me a tissue. He looks sad.

"You need to tell Niall about it", he says.

"I can't tell him. Liam will ruin my life. He already told me. Josh, I don't know what to do!"

I blow my nose.

"You should try to tell him anyway. The only thing he can do is not believe you", he says softly.

I shake my head. How am I going to get this on the right side again? Maybe I won't. I just hope Niall finds out himself. If not I will do it and take the consequences.