Fifteen

Miranda and Sam are back. They bought so much stuff. Chips, snacks and alcohol. The only thing I question is how they got the alcohol. They're only 18 and 17. Maybe the people they met up are older than 21. I hope so. When my parents find out that we drank over here, I'm dead. They won't let me see Niall and the others anymore. Luke and Josh were sleeping when Niall and I came back. It was so cute.

"Lou and Hardin are coming over at 9. What are we going to do until then?", Miranda asks.

"We're going to clean up the house, hide breakable stuff and maybe hang up some fairylights", Niall says.

"Who's going to hang up the lights?", Sam asks.

I already have an idea. My hand raises. They all agree. Niall and Sam are hiding the breakable stuff and Josh, Miranda and Luke are cleaning up.

"There's a box of decoration stuff in the basement. It's easy to find. You just go down the stairs and take the first door to your left. The box is marked with 'Fairylights', okay?", Niall explains.

I nod and look for the box in the basement. There are a few boxes stacked on shelves. I can't find one with the writing 'Fairylights', so I take down the first box I find. The box is really heavy. I open it but only find kitchen utensils. I put it back and take a new box. There are some pictures in it. The picture on the top is one of Niall. I take it into my hand and look at it closer. It shows him as a 14 or 15 year old boy. He stands on a stage with a microphone in his hand. I remember that day. Middle School Talent contest. That was a blast. He sang a song by The Fray. It was so cute. I didn't compete. I was too shy. I put it back and continue looking for the box. After I found more pictures, some ugly old figures and many old toys, I finally find the box of fairylights with some cables to make them longer. The box isn't that heavy. I carry it up the stairs. Everyone is buisy with doing their chores. I walk out the door onto the patio with the jetty. The patio has a railing. I take some fairylights and wrap them around the railing. The jetty has part of a railing, so hang some up there, too. The box also carries some torches. I stick them into the holes at the end of the jetty. I'll light them up later. There are some blue fairylights, too, so I hang them around the door. I hook everything up to the cabledrum and hook that up to the outlet. My work is finished. I put the box into the living room. I hang up some lights around the ceiling to make it look like stars. Of course I connect that to the outlet. Luke and Josh come to me soon. They crush me in a group hug.

"What was that for?", I ask.

"We just love you a lot", Josh smiles.

"And you looked kind of sad", Luke ads.

"Thank you. I love you, too, guys", I say.

Niall, Miranda and Sam join us, too. We all sit down. The others start talking about the party tonight but I just zone out. I watch the others talk. They all look so happy. I wish I was that happy. Of course I'm happy but not as happy as I want to be. When Miranda talks, her lips twitch after talking. Her plump lips are covered in some nude lipstick. Her make up is so perfect. She's actually a beautiful girl. Her body has perfect propotions. My eyes wander to Sam. He licks his lips after talking. His brown hair is matted down to his forehead. Luke's lip edges are always pulled down. It's like he's frowning but he truly is happy. Josh always scratches his neck after talking. It's cute because he's nervous of what people are going to say in return. When Niall talks, his eyes wander around. He can't look into people's eyes when he talks to them. I hide my hands in my hoodie sleeves.

"The guys should come some time soon. Girls, get yourself pretty", Josh announces.

I get up. Miranda takes me by my arm. Her face carries a smile. I run up the stairs behind her. She follows me into mine and Niall's room. We walk over to my clothing pile. She sits down and digs into it. Her hands pull out several things. I don't think she'll find something.

"I'm right back", she announces and leaves the room.

She has the gray Nike hoodie laying on the bed with my black Vans. Miranda comes back soon with a pair of shorts and a belt in her hand. They're black and not that short. They end mid-theigh.

"You should wear this. I'll help you with your hair when I'm done with myself", she smiles.

"Thank you", I say quietly.

She closes the door behind her. I pull off my clothes and pull on the stuff she laid out. It's comfortable but I hate that my legs are so exposed. They look so skinny and boney in these shorts. The shorts look so big on me. Miranda looks amazing in these shorts. She wore them in school one time. She looked so amazing that time. I put the belt in the loops. It's almost too big. Embaressing. That's so embaressing. It's embaressing that I'm too skinny to fit into normal clothes. I pull on my shoes and decide to go to Miranda's and Sam's room. Miranda has the door opened. She's doing her hair. I enter the room and sit down next to her on the floor.

"I like the shorts on you", she smiles.

She stops straightening her hair. Her hair is pretty, no matter what she does with it. I watch her do her make up. The only thing she does is touch up her eye shadow to a little darker shade of brown. She then applies some more of her nude lipstick. Miranda is so pretty.

"Come sit up here", she tells me, patting her bed.

I sit down on her bed and wait for her to do my hair. She ties my hair up into a ponytail. My naturally straight hair is quite boring. She probably already has an amazing idea. I feel her take a strand of my hair. It doesn't even take five minutes until she's done. She gives me her small make up mirror. I look at my hair. She curled single strands of my hair. It looks really pretty.

"Do you like it?", she asks.

"I love it, thanks."

"Now lets go on to make up. I'll just do some eyeliner and mascara. It's a really light make up. You won't feel it that much", she explains.

I nod. Just this one time I need some make up. It's a party with people I don't know. I have to look presentable. After Miranda finishes the make up, I take a look into the mirror again. I never really felt like using make up but this is incredible.

"Thank you, Miranda", I say and get up.

"You're really pretty, Alex", she tells me.

I thank her and leave the room. It's really uncomfortable to hear that I'm 'pretty' from other people. It's like stabing me in my chest. Back in my room, I find Niall changing into a different shirt. He's wearing a pair of light gray jeans, a light gray shirt and a sleeveless flannel. His eyes find me, as I walk past him.

"You look really good", he says.

"Thank you", I mumble and get my phone from the nightstand.

"The boys are coming any minute. Do not trust any of them. They are all 20 or 21. Last year they had something with Miranda and I do not want them to touch you. A lot of people are going to come here. They will try to touch you but you will ignore it, okay?", he asks.

"Okay. Can you try and stay with me? I don't like meeting new people alone", I mumble.

"I promise I'll stay with you most of the time. When I'm not with you, just stay outside on the jetty and wait for me. I'll be there for you."

I thank him. Soon the doorbell rings. Niall smiles at me one last time. We walk down the stairs together. It's getting dark, so I decide to turn on all of the lights and light the torches. The lights in the livingroom are already turned on. I go on the jetty with a lighter in my hand. Quickly I light the torches and turn on the fairylights before I go back into the house to get introduced to the people. Niall already laughs with the people. Some boys, maybe ten or twelve.

"Alex, come over", he smiles.

I take big steps towards him. He takes my hand. His hand stays in mine. I feel safe but when I look at the boys, they all make me feel scared. They look like they're horny as fuck.

"Guys, this is Alex, my girlfriend", Niall introduces me.

He probably saw how they look at me. I squeeze his hand and smile to the boys. This is going to be a long night.