Fourty-six

I talked to Luke and Josh yesterday, explaining what happened at the party and why I hid myself again. They're going to talk to Niall today, so I just hope he can explain why he kissed that girl. Actually I really don't care because I already forgave him. He's a guy with hormones. It just overcomes him sometimes.

"Alex! We're leaving!", Luke shouts.

"Give me one minute!", I shout back, pulling the dark blue hoodie over my head.

I grab my bag and phone. My boots stand beside the door, waiting for me to put them on, so I do it. The coat hangs at it's usual place. I get both on and follow Luke to his car. We get to school very quickly, so I go to my locker first before going to the cafeteria to get myself some coffee. Miranda stands at the counter, talking to the lunch-lady. She smiles, while the lunch-lady pours her a cup of hot coffee.

"Oh, Alex! What are you doing here?", Miranda asks.

"Just getting some coffee. Didn't sleep much."

"Barbara, could you make me another coffee?", she asks the lunch-lady, turning to me, "My treat."

I don't argue with her because I'm not in the mood but she does so much for me. Miranda hands me the coffee she ordered for me. I owe her so many things I can't even remember how much.

"Thank you", I tell her quietly.

We walk to Niall's locker together. The others are already there. Josh and Luke are talking to Niall but Sam is not there. He's probably sick. As soon as Josh sees us, he pushes his elbow in Luke's side. They're all silent, as we reach them. Miranda hugs everyone quickly while I just stand there, staring at my coffee. The black liquid smells so good. My hands are warm since the cup isn't that isolating. I take a sip, so I don't burn my toungue.

"Alex?"

I turn my head towards Niall. He looks at me like he asked me something. I give him a questioning look.

"I asked, if we could talk", he states, smiling lightly.

I nod quickly, following Niall to somewhere. We walk to the football field. I didn't watch Luke's games exept the one on Homecoming. That's really sad. I'm such a bad sister. Niall sits down on the bleachers, patting the spot next to him. The snow melted away pretty much. I sit down. The field is covered in white.

"So, I'm sorry for calling you on New Years Eve, telling you I needed you and then making you worry about me", he speaks, somehow absent with his thoughts.

I just shrug. That's not what I wanted to hear. Niall just sits there in silence. I feel my hands get cold, so I put on my gloves, drinking some of my coffee afterwards.

"Do you want to say something?", Niall asks, after I opened my mouth but closed it again.

I shrug, looking over to the school. It's illuminated by lights. I hate that it's dark when you come to school in the mornings in winter. It's so tiring.

"Really?", he asks.

I shrug.

"Alex, you need to talk to me. If we don't communicate we can't build up a working relationship again. You need to talk to me, birdy", Niall suddenly tells me, getting quite loud.

I glare at him, emptying my coffee. He needs to see what he fucked up.

"So, I was there and I saw Hardin but that's not important. Lou showed me where you were, so I saw you and some girl. You kissed at midnight, so... yeah. Who is she?", I explain quite pissed that I'm such a bitch now.

Niall shakes his head. He stands up, walking down the bleachers. I get up, too, and stare at him while he walks off.

"Niall!", I hear someone shout.

My eyes search for the source. I find the brunette girl. It's her. That little bitch... She hugs Niall, kissing him. He actually had a secret girlfriend and didn't tell me about her. It's like when Christina suddenly apeared in Niall's life. I decide to go home. I'll just say I got sick. My feet carry me to the secretary. She sits in front of Mrs Taming's office. I fake my best sniff and cough.

"Oh my. Do you want to go home, Alexandra? I can call your mother, if you want", she tells me, picking up the phone.

I nod, sitting down in a chair. While she tells my mom what's up, Mrs Taming comes out of her office. She throws me a smile. I just nod.

"Alex, your mom is on the way. She told me to send you outside. Get well soon", the secretary tells me.

I thank her and leave. The bell rings soon, so I wait at the office until everyone's gone. I start walking when most of the people are gone. The hallways are pretty empty. Just a few late-runners pass me. My feet carry me to my locker, where I get my books and some stuff I may need at home. As soon as I'm outside, I see Niall at the gates. He has to be in class. Him and that girl stand together, smoking. Niall didn't smoke in a while. My mood drops, as I don't see my mom's car anywhere. The air around me feels colder by the second passing. Niall and the girl stand behind me, kissing a few times, due to the smacking sound of their lips.

"I think we should skip and go to my place", the girl says.

I feel like puking this instant. Niall agrees, so I turn around and look at them quickly before they walk past me. I feel someone push me away with their shoulder. My feet tangle, so I fall down. My face meets the ground. All I hear is a laughing Niall and some annoying girly-laugh. I get up, seeing my mom drive towards me. She stops in front of me.

"Just drive me home, mom", I tell her, not wanting to talk anymore.

"Okay, but you need to tell me what's wrong. Your schools secretary told me you were sick but you don't look quite sick", my mom says, as she starts driving.

I can tell her everything. But this is just too private, even for my mother.

"I just really have super bad cramps, so I can't even concentrate", I lie.

She nods understandingly, throwing me out at home.

"Dad and I will be home by 7:00pm.
Just put on a hot water bottle and take some pain killers. You'll be fine."

With that she drives off. I dig out my keys from my bag. The door opens with a loud squeak. Dad really needs to work this out. I pull off my jacket and shoes. They get uncomfortable after a while. My feet carry me to my room where I lay down on my bed with my phone in one hand. The Instagram-App is open. I tap on my account, looking through the pictures, seeing a few of Niall and I. I search for a picture to post. The one I select is the picture of my "birdy" tattoo.

"The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth."

The post is liked by a few people quickly and commented, too. I check the recent uploads. Niall posted a picture. It's him and that girl. She lays on his naked chest, it's just like the picture with Miranda he posted a long time ago. I unfollow Niall, so I don't have to see his pictures anymore. My hands start shaking, as I open WhatsApp. Niall's chat apears as the second after Josh's. I archive it, so I don't have to see it anymore. I wanted to start trusting Niall again but he messed up again. He really fucked up this time.

If we don't communicate we can't build up a working relationship.

Such a fucking piece of shit he is. All he does is lie to me. I really like him but it's really starting to fade. My life is slowly breaking away. I probably say this all the time but it's just true.