Twenty-nine

My hoodie hides me. No one looks down at me. I'm alone again. Josh is sick. Luke is with his friends and the others are with Niall. It's been two weeks since I told Niall everything I think about our friendship. My tests went good. I got B's and A's on my Math, History, Biology and Litarature tests. My thoughs were quite cleared from Niall and the others. It helped with learning. I heard that Niall and Christina are really together. I also saw them on a date at a restaurant. We went eating with our family that night. Luke helped me tell our parents that I didn't feel good, so he drove me home after eating and went right back to the restaurant. I've been purging again. My weight went down to 88 pounds, my lowest since a year. I want to get to 86 pounds soon. Then to at least 80 pounds. I open my locker. A small piece of paper falls into my hands. I open it. It's probably just a note from Christina telling me how fat and ugly I am.

Meet me at my car at lunch. N.

I throw the paper into the bin and get my books for after lunch. It's lunch now, so I just follow Niall's plead. Why not? Maybe he realized what he did wrong, what I did wrong and what we need to change. I walk to Niall's car and wait for him there. He comes there soon. His hair is now a slight lilac colour, hidden under a snapback. He dyed it a few days ago. I saw it on his Instagram. It looks really good. He should've done it earlier. My hands hide under my sleeves. I have the bad feeling my tears will escape again when we talk. Niall stands in front of me, looking down at me. He's so intimidating. I look at his eyes. They are in the shaddow of the snapback, so I don't really see them. His lips are in a slight frown.

"What do you want?", he asks.

"You're the one who asked me to come here", I tell him in a duh-tone.

"No, you asked me to meet me here."

He throws me a confussed look. I shake my head. Luke threw that note in my locker and put one with my name into Niall's locker. That little fucker. He wants me and Niall to get along again. I leave Niall standing there and go back into school. My feet carry me to the cafeteria. Luke sits at his table with his friends. I walk up to him. His friends stare at me weirdly. I tap Luke's shoulder. He turns around, looking at my mad face.

"Is everything okay?", he asks.

"Just come with me quickly", I say and take his hand.

We walk into an empty hallway.

"Why did you stick a note in mine and Niall's locker?", I growl.

He looks at me with raised eyebrows. I stare back with a mad look. He lays a hand on my shoulder.

"I just want you to be friends again. Niall told me how you bursted into his face and threw the necklace at him. He was really sad and he hopes that you forgive him", he explains.

"Okay but he's supposed to come towards me and not like that, okay Luke? I just need a break from him", I tell him.

"I understand that you need a break but Sam, Miranda, Josh and I are so sad because you don't spend time with us anymore. We had to do that. You could just come back to us but ignore Niall and Christina. They're always busy with each other, so you won't even have to talk to them", Luke says.

"I don't know, Luke. Every time I see them I feel like crying."

"Okay, let's see how this turns out. Tomorrow you just come and stand with us again."

I nod and let him go again.

*****

Niall walks towards us, his eyes looking at me intendly. He looks so good today. His lilac hair goes perfectly with that dark green hoodie and the necklace hidden under his hoodie. I step back a little and run into Luke's shoulder. Josh's still sick. Christina is still not here. I hope she doesn't come at all. Niall reaches us soon. Sam and Miranda greet him quickly, just as Luke. He just looks at me and then starts a conversation with Sam. Miranda gives me a nice smile.

"How's your tattoo?", she asks.

"It's healing really well. Kevin did a really great job. I get a lot of compliments from people on Instagram", I tell her smiling.

"That's cool. I thought about getting a tattoo, too. Maybe a butterfly or a deer."

"I could give you my tattoo artist. He's amazing", I say.

"You should do that. Just text me his address and number", Miranda smiles.

I nod and see this conversation as ended. I catch Niall looking at me. His lips carry a slight smirk. He looks away quickly. My hands fiddle with the hoodie sleeves. Why is he smirking? I look down at myself. There is nothing special on my body. Just as I look back up, Christina lays her lips on Niall's. I didn't hear her come up to us. My eyes twitch from them to Luke. He lays an arm around my shoulder. I whisper in his ear that I'll get my stuff and see him at lunch. He nods. I smile at Miranda and Sam one last time and leave. My locker is cold against my small hand. The picture of Niall and I is hung up again. Luke must've opened my locker and put it up again. I look through my books. A small box sits between my notebooks. I take it. Small chickadee's are printed on it. I open it with shaking hands. The small necklace with the circle pendant lays there. I close the box and throw it back into my locker. Did Niall open my locker and put it in there? No one exept Luke and Josh know my combination next to me. My brother probably gave it to him but why would he put the necklace back inside. I shut my locker quietly. I turn to my right but someone stands there, smiling down at me, making me need to stop. My hands start shaking again. No, that can't be.

"Hey babe", he smirks down at me.