Fourty-five

The snow is so high, I can't even properly open the window in Niall's kitchen. We're stuck here and the electricity did not come back until now. It's okay but it sure is cold. Niall already gave me a second blanket to cuddle myself into because I was freezing. He went outside to see how high the snow lays and clear our cars. My therapy was cancelled today and I'm pretty happy about it. Niall and I didn't eat properly since yesterday. We had some cookies and bread they had here. Niall doesn't want me to leave because it's too dangerous to drive and too cold to walk. I would go home but no, he wants me to stay.

"Alex? The electricity is back!", Niall shouts, as he enters the house, trying the light switches in the living room.

The lights illuminate the huge room with the couch I'm laying on. I cuddle into the blanket more. Niall comes over to me with his hands behind his back. He's up to something. I get up and prepare to run but I slip on my fuzzy socks and the marble floor. Niall's laugh fills my ears instantly. I laugh along with him. I'm so clumsy. Just as I want to get up, I feel Niall sitting down on my back. He lifts the shirt collar at my neck and throws something cold down my back. I squeal loudly.

"Niall!", I scream.

He laughs but gets off of me. I shake the snow out of my shirt and push Niall towards the couch, hitting him in the chest. He just continues laughing at me.

"You idiot! I don't have a new shirt anymore", I growl at him.

He just shrugs. I decide to put my shirt next to the fire place to let it dry, so I go upstairs and steal a hoodie from Niall's wardrobe. It's a dark blue one with the words Music Lover on it. Perfect! Niall stands in the kitchen, as I come back down. He's cooking something. My stomach grumbles, as I smell the food. I bring my hoodie to the fire place before returning back to Niall.

"What are you cooking?", I ask quite nosy.

"Rice with chicken in it", Niall explains.

He turns around, pressing a kiss to my cheek. I blush into the deepest shade of red you can have. My eyes try to stay on anything but Niall.

"They said the snow's gone in the next five days", he tells me, as I help him put the food on two plates.

"And?", I ask.

"Would you like to stay with me until then? I'd drive over to your place and get some stuff but I don't want you to be alone over there in the cold. What if the electricity goes out again? You'd be alone in a pitch black house and robbers could come by and kill you", he explains, overreacting a little.

I roll my eyes, as we sit down opposite to each other. He doesn't have to drive through that snow to just get stuff for me. I can just drive home by myself and stay there alone. It's not like I'm 5 or something. But staying with Niall would be so amazing. We would have so much fun.

"Yeah, I'll stay until my family is back in a week. But I want you to go to that New Years party Lou is throwing without me. I can stay on my own for a while", I tell him.

"Good, so we'll pick up some clothes at your place after we ate."

I nod and start eating. Niall follows my lead and starts eating aswell. We finish soon, so we get our coats and boots on and leave the house. It's freezing. We hop into his car quickly. The radio plays some music, just as 18 by that boy band starts playing. I roll my eyes a little. This song is going to be the death of me someday because it's so perfect. Niall and I sing along a little. He drives to my house the fastest way. The clear roads make it easier to drive. People are too scared to go outside. Niall's probably right about me being alone is not a great idea. We arrive soon, so we both enter my house. Niall stays downstairs while I get some of my clothes and my toilet articles.