Twelve

Miranda comes to mine and Niall's room. Her face carries a slight smile. She isn't that bad. Of course she somehow still dislikes me but it got better. Once in a while she gives me a compliment on how I'm looking healthier again.

"I have a black one or a gray one. I personally think the gray would look better on you", she tells me and hands me the bikinis.

"Thank you, Miranda. It's very nice of you to give me a bikini", I smile.

She nods and shooes me into the bathroom. The gray bikini has a bandeau top with criss-cross straps at the back. It has a small black pattern on it, just like henna tattoos. I love it. The bottoms are just normal bikini bottoms with the same pattern. Over that she also gave me a pair of gray swim shorts. I pull everything on. Miranda's shorts don't fit that well but they have a bow I can tie tighter. I pull my white t-shirt back on. Niall said he'd give me his later on. I leave the bathroom and find Miranda standing in mine and Niall's room, pulling a pair of shorts over her bikini bottoms. Her stomach is so flat and her breast are huge in that black bikini. After she gets dressed and leaves, I take a towel and my phone. I go downstairs to find them waiting for me.

"Finally, we can leave", Luke jokes.

I shove his shoulder. He huffs playfully and stalks off. Niall takes the lead. Even though we have a jetty right behind the house, we go swimming somewhere else. Niall said it'd be more beautiful and fun to swim. I hear my phone ring for a new message. Instagram.

Amazing that you're trying to get better!

Some girl comments on my last post. I deleted all of the pictures off of my Instagram, accept the one of me and Niall in our matching hoodies. I started posting some pictures of what I eat. People unfollowed me but I don't care. I lock my phone again and concentrate on following Niall. Sam and Miranda are talking about some stuff and Jake and my brother are all lovey-dovey. I'm still not used to this.

"Here we are", Niall announces, as we reach a pebble stone shore.

It's a small and cute shore with plenty of room for us. Jake and Luke are the first in the water. Soon Sam follows with Miranda. Niall and I are the only ones not in yet. I lay my towel on the ground and sit down. Niall takes a seat next to me. I didn't wear a hoodie. It's too warm but I make sure not to show my scars off that much. Niall takes off his shirt and gives it to me. The owl tattoo on his chest looks impressive. The crown does, too, but I like the owl more than the crown. He has a slight sixpack and his arms are muscular, too. I take his shirt. It's an expensive Jack&Jones shirt. I don't want to ruin it. The colour is black and the logo is white.

"You can put that t-shirt on. It was my favourite shirt", he tells me.

As soon as he's in the water and I make sure no one is looking, I take off my t-shirt and pull on Niall's. It smells like mint. I watch the others play around a little. Miranda sits on Sam's shoulders and tries to push Luke off of Josh's shoulders. It looks like a lot of fun. I get up and settle my feet in the water. It's cold. Niall comes walking over to me. He has a smirk played across his lips. He's up to no good. I step back out of the water and continue watching Niall. His hair is plastered to his forehead. It looks cute. Suddenly he starts running and picks me up by my waist. He throws me over his shoulder. I scream and laugh at the same time, which sounds like a reatarded seal but I don't care at this point. Niall walks back into the water. My ponytail slightly touches the water. He then just pushes me off of him and I land in the water with my whole body. As soon as I get up again, Niall's face carries an even bigger smirk. I take this as a chance to throw him in the water by jumping on him. He didn't expect that to happen. Niall pulls me up with him by hugging me to him with one arm around my waist. The shirt I'm wearing is pushed up and is now stuck right under my cheast and Niall's torso. I push him off quickly. I pull the shirt back down. Niall saw it. He's staring at my stomach.

"You're so skinny", he mumbles.

I let my head fall. Wow, I'm such a happiness-killer. Just in that moment, Luke takes me unexpected and pulls me underwater with him. I start laughing, as we come up. Seems like the awkward tension is gone again because Niall's laughing, too, about something Josh told him.

*****

We sit around the fire Niall and Sam made for us. Sam and Miranda sit closely to each other. Even though they deny it, they like each other more than just friends. It's so obvious. They constantly talk and hang on each others laps. It's cute. Josh and Luke sit across from them. on a log I found in the woods. I sit opposite to Niall. We both decided to have a log all for ourselves. I can barely see Niall through the fire. It's a little bigger than we wanted it to be. Niall brought his guitar, so we can sing some songs at the fire. I have my body in a large hoodie from Nike. It's a purple one with a huge Nike logo on the cheast area. Niall strums a few chords and I recognize "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran. We sing along to Niall playing. Of course we all mess up a little but Niall laughs over it, making me laugh because his laugh is so contagious. It's nice to have some peace and quiet time for ourselves. I'm so happy my parents agreed with this. We all stop singing and let Niall sing the last part alone. He can sing quite good. He has some mistakes but his voice is beautiful. I look at Niall struming the guitar. He looks like he's been doing this for his whole life now. I hear him change the song to "18" by some sort of boy band. The one singer looks quite like Niall but Niall's way cuter than him. I see Josh give Luke a kiss. My heart melts a little.

"We took a choncé", Niall sings, his Irish accent taking over his voice.

That was cute. I decide to sing with him. It's just an amazing song.

"I have loved you since we were 18. Long before we both thought the same thing", I sing quietly.

Niall looks at me and smiles while singing. My heart feels like exploding into thousands of shreads. I feel the tension in the air. You could cut it with a knife. Sam and Miranda now sing with us, too. Josh and Luke are too busy with making out. He stops playing after that song. I take a quick glance at Niall. He carries a smile on his lips.

"Come on guys, let's make some Smoores", Sam announces.

We all pick up a stick and let Sam stick a marshmallow on it. I didn't have a Smoore for four years.