Thirty-eight

A hand snakes around my waist, as I put my books into my locker, ready for the student body meeting. I get out my USB stick with the plan. When Sammantha hears that it was my idea, she'll defnitly disagree. A small kiss is placed to my cheek. The smell of mint fills my nose.

"The theme is perfect. I still think you should present it. Sammantha may hate it but it's a decision of the whole student body", Niall tells me.

I nod. We walk to the meeting in no time. Sammantha sits at her spot at the head of the table. She greets us quickly. I sit down next to the Freshman from last time. His name's Brody. I found out that he's Sam's brother. He's cute.

"Hey, Alex", he greets me.

"Hi. How're you doing?", I ask, laying the USB stick on my desk.

Sammantha walks by and takes it to put it in her computer. How am I going to explain our plans to these people? I don't know any of them.

"I'm doing fine. Are you actually a couple, you and Niall?", Brody asks me.

"No, we're just friends", I smile at him.

He nods and opens his laptop. I look back at Sammantha. She already opened the PowerPoint document. Niall's hand touches mine slightly, as I get up to start presenting. Everyone now stares at me.

"Hi, Niall and I sat down together and had a really good idea, so I'm presenting you our ideas", I say.

Someone clears their throat. I start the PowerPoint. A slide with our motto apears.

"Night of music. That's our idea. Since a lot of music tastes are present at our school. Just as an example: I listen to Death Metal, Niall listens to Rock and Metal, my brother listens to Punk. Josh listens to Pop and many other people in our grade listen to other music styles, too. We just thought it could be an amazing night for everyone when we make everyone happy with their music", I say and change the slide to a drawing Niall made when we talked about the decorations.

I look back at Niall and see him smiling. He's proud of me.

He's probably laughing about you, bitch.

I just continue, not listening to the voice inside my head.

"We thought about hanging silver and black CD's from the ceiling. Maybe a disco ball. It'll give amazing reflections of light and it'll be beautiful. The tables would be white with black decorations and every table has a band or singer name. We could also make vases of old vinyl records. You just lay them on a vase, melt it with a blowdryer and then form it around the vase. I already tried it, it looks stunning", I say.

I change to the next slide, which showes one of the vases I made. Some "oh"s are heard.

"We could rent a DJ that plays everything. People can give them any song and he plays it. Everyone would be happy. We could decorate the walls with black and silver banners, just let it look a little more closed. Niall had the idea to glue some CD's on the lamps in the gym to make the light fall better. The stage could be decorated with vinyls and some silver banners. We could even make the crowns for Prom king and queen out of vinyl and CD's", I explain, opening the next slide with a drawing I made for the crowns.

I smile to myself, as I see everyone nod their heads in approvement. I change the slide to some flowers I picked out for the vases in a flower store. The lady at the counter was really nice.

"I went to a flower shop and asked this nice lady what she could do. We could have 35 bouquets for 120 dollars. She put together this one made with white Roses, green twigs and some black beeds. Then she made this one. A bouquet with red lilly's, black beeds and green twigs. The last she made and my personal favourite are the blue roses with silver beeds and green twigs. The food is made by Niall's uncles business. He would give us the buffet for free. We could throw in some blue shimmers to the table cloth, so not everything is black and silver. Niall and I told the lady that we'd call her two weeks before Prom, so she could prepare. The DJ I called already told me he has time when Prom is and he told me the idea was amazing. It's just up to you guys to agree", I tell them.