Ten

I open the door to find Niall standing at it. He has a smile on his lips. My dad walks past the door behind me. He stops dead in his tracks, as he sees a boy. He comes to the door with me.

"So Alex, who's this?", he asks.

"This is Niall, he's only picking me up to walk to school together", I explain.

"Hello, Mr Hemmings. Nice to meet you. I hope it is okay when I walk your daughter to school today", he smiles at my dad.

Niall holds his hand out for my father to shake, which he does. I look at my dad and see that he's not quite pleased by Niall. Maybe because of his tattoos and tunnels. My dad knows that I wouldn't hang around with people that hurt me. I give my dad the best smile I have. He still doesn't look quite okay with it.

"Okay but only today", he grumbles.

"Thank you, Sir", Niall says.

My dad just nods and closes the door behind him. Niall sighs. He hugs me to his body. I hug him back quickly. Body contact still isn't my favourite thing.

People can feel how fat you are during a hug.

"What did you eat this morning?", Niall asks while walking.

"I had half an apple and a glas of orange juice", I tell him the truth.

He nods in statisfication. I think Ana is back at it again but I think I can trick her by eating healthier. I smile slightly at his happiness. It feels great to be helped. Maybe I should've went to therapy again but now I have Niall and my own will-power.

"What did you pack for later?", he asks.

"I have a small pack of chocolate and two oatmeal bars. For lunch I have a sandwich with cheese. And at home I'm going to eat another three small meals", I explain.

He throws me a charming smile. My heart pace quickens at his smile. I need to get my thoughts onto something else than Niall. Why am I even friends with him? I don't want the unnessesary drama. Miranda will kill me when she sees me walking into school with Niall.

"I can't walk into school with you, Niall", I say quietly.

"Why? You're a normal person. I can walk into school with you", he asks worried.

"Miranda is going to kill me. She hates me."

Niall shakes his head and gives me a assuring smile. He takes his phone out and opens the camera app.

"No one will hurt you, I'll make sure of that", he explains, "Now, let's take a picture. Your new life starts now and we need a picture to remember that."

We stop walking and Niall lifts his phone. I force a smile to my face. He takes a few pictures.

Just look how fat you look, Alex.

"Good, now let's go inside and show all the haters to fuck off", he announces.

The school gates feel like they're about to crush me. My breathing goes flat and quick. I feel like I need to cry and throw up. It's not right when Niall walks into school with me. Everyone is going to stare. Miranda is going to kill me. We enter the hallway. My eyes wander from face to face. They're all watching us. I'm going to die from uncomfort. Niall just continues walking. I tag along and try to ignore the stares. We soon arrive at my locker, so I get my stuff. Josh comes soon, too. He gives me a weird look. I didn't tell him everything in the past few days.

"Hey, you two", he says and gets stuff from his locker, "I think I missed some things out in the past days. Are you two friends or something?"

I look at Niall and motion him to talk. He explains everything to Josh, yes, even the part that I think my Ana is back.