Thirty-two

Niall's eyes stay on me the whole time he walks towards me. We didn't talk since I ran off at Starbucks. Christina isn't by his side, neither Josh, Luke or the other two. He's all by himself. I get a few books from my locker while he walks towards me.

"Hey, birdy", he says quickly, stopping by my side.

I nod a little. He's going to ask me questions. I don't think I can hold in what Liam and Christina told me. My eyes wander over to him quickly. He waits for me to get done. I get my books extra slowly. What am I going to tell him? Christina and I hate each other and she's cheating on you with Liam, the guy who abused me. That sounds so unbelievable. I feel really bad. Maybe I should just let him stand here.

"Alex, are you okay?", Niall suddenly asks.

"Yeah, why?", I tell him quietly.

"You are just staring at your locker and yesterday you just ran off. I was worried about you."

"Oh, no, my mom just called me and told me I had to come home right away", I lie straight into his face.

He nods his head understandingly. I shut my locker quietly, not to get anyones attention. Niall and I walk to class together. Man, I hate Chemistry. It makes no sence and it's stupid. Physics make more sence to me and it's easier. We enter the classroom together, my eyes staying on the ground the whole time. I sit down at my single place while Niall sits down next to some guy. My eyes wander around the room. All of the people are talking to others, their heads stuck together, mumbling, whispering and smiling. I want someone to talk to, too. I would ask Niall but we aren't allowed to change seats anymore. Suddenly a sound through the speakers appears.

"Miss Alexandra Hemmings and Mr Niall Horan, please report to the principals office, immideately", the voice speaks.

I jump slightly at my name and throw Niall a look. He shrugs and starts walking to the door. I grab my bag and follow him to the door. He takes my hand in his. I wonder what our principal wants from us. Let's just hope we aren't in trouble. The way to the office doesn't seem to end. The wooden door is closed and a loud voice booms through the hallway. Someone is probably getting in trouble for being late or running around without a hall pass. Mrs Taming isn't very friendly. She mosly just shouts at people and is very mean to them. I just hope we didn't do anything wrong. We couldn't have done anything wrong. I never get noticed, Niall... Okay, he may have done something but I'm not the one to judge.

"She got a hall-pass-guy in there this time", Mrs Lucason, the secretary, speaks, as we sit down on the chairs next to the office door.

"Okay", Niall smiles at her.

"You guys aren't in trouble, okay?", she laughs slightly, giving me an assuring smile.

She must've seen my concerned face. I put a smile on my face for a second and release my hand from his. My hand is starting to sweat and I don't want him to feel it. The door soon openes and a crying Freshman comes walking out. She's so mean.

"Hemmings, Horan, now!", Mrs Taming shouts at Mrs Lucason.

Mrs Lucason gives us a slight nod. Niall takes my hand again. We enter the room of the dragon. Her eyes are fixed on our hands. I quickly take his out of my hand.

"Hello, Mr Horan and Miss Hemming. Have a seat you two. I have some things to discuss with you", Mrs Taming speaks up.

Niall sits down next to me. I lay my backpack under the chair. My hands are shaking from nervousness.

"You two are some of my best students. I want you to plan the next Prom which will be your special night. It's just a wish of mine. You're the two most trustworthy students I have. I believe that you can do this. Every year I decide on two students to prepare Prom. They get a free buget. I will keep track of your plans. You should start finding people who will work with you. I want you to make it special, find a theme and start finding a DJ, a few special things from the student body president and the student body. You're supposed to go to the meetings and help them. How does that sound?", she tells us.

I look over at Niall and see him staring at me. That would be so much fun. This would mean working with people and I hate working with people. But I could finally change something in school. Niall nods in my direction.

"I would love to do it", I say honestly, playing with my sleeves.

"I think we can do this. It will be fun. We could collect ideas together and seperate the jobs under the student body and us. I already know what to do", Niall say confidently to Mrs Taming.

I smile slightly.

"Great, so you can leave now. Student body meets today after school. They usually meet in the classroom of Mrs Hillory. Just get to know everyone. I'll tell Sammantha that you're the ones to plan Prom. You can go back to class now."

*****

I sit down next to Niall on the chair next to some boy. He's a Freshman. The student body president, Sammantha, gave us a weird look when we entered the room. I know her from History.

"Good evening, student body. We have a few guests today. This are Niall and Alex. They are going to plan the next Prom. We'll get jobs from them. Just listen to them and do what they tell you."

Sammantha nods at Niall. He just clears his throat. We didn't really collect any ideas because we didn't have time to do so. We had so much work to do and at lunch he was with Christina. She just glared at me once, so I sat alone. Josh is comming back on Monday.

"We didn't really have the time to think about some themes and didn't really prepare anything, so we'll tell you the next time we meet", Niall explains.

"It's fine, just make sure to find a theme a lot of us will like. Not anything from the last five years. We need something creative that stays in our minds forever, do you think you can do it, Niall?", Sammantha smirks at me.

Niall nods and I just stare at my hands. They are shaking the whole time I'm here. Sammantha dismisses us sooner or later but she wants to talk to Niall before he leaves, so I guess I just leave and walk home on my own. I put in my earphones. Some Death Metal blasts my ears. The screaming calms me. Walking home alone sometimes is great to think about things but sometimes it's just too much thoughts or not enough. Right now I want someone to talk to me. I can't think about anything. It's just empty. My eyes wander from a few people on the other side of the road back to my phone. I feel someone touch my shoulder. My hand finds the cable of my earphones, so I rip them out and turn around quickly, bumping into a hard chest. I jump back slightly, looking at the person. Liam's signature smirk lays on his lips.

"Babe, didn't know I'd meet you at this time", he smirks.

My feet carry me away a little further. He grabs my arm quicker than I can realize it, so he pulls me towards him. My hands lay on his chest.

"Leave me alone, Liam!", I say quite calm for my state.

I try to push him away. He takes my head into his hands and puts his lips on mine, trying to make me kiss him. I try to push him away. I'm too weak to push him off of me. He just pulls me closer to him, trying to stick his tounge down my throat. My eyes start to tear up. Suddenly I feel Liam getting ripped away from me. I trip away backwards. My hands lay on my lips. He just did not kiss me. I turn my eyes back to Liam. Someone sits on top of him, throwing punches at him. The lilac hair makes it easy to see who it is. Memories of Niall beating up Hardin come back to my mind. The idea of Niall hurting me like that flashes through my mind. Tears leak down my face without a break. I run. I run home. My hands fiddle with the keys and the lock. My parents are on a short vecation to Los Angeles and Luke's at Josh's place, trying to cheer him up. I run upstairs and brush my teeth five times at least. Tears still stream down my face. Liam is such a bastard. He's ruining everything in my life. Soon I'll be alone again. Maybe I was ment to be alone.