Sam Winchester x Reader

The little boy walks up to Sam and clambers up onto his lap, snuggling against him. "Hey, Daddy." He says.
"Hey, kiddo." Sam smiles, ruffling his hair. "What's up?"
"Nothin'." The five-year-old says. "But shh, Mommy's sleeping."
"Yeah, you should be too." Sam reminds him. "It's way past your bed time."
"I had a nightmare."
"A nightmare? That's not good. Wanna talk about it?"
The boy shakes his head vehemently.
"It'll make you feel better." Sam prompts.
The boy starts crying. "Mommy was on the ceiling and there was fire."
He's barely gotten the words out as Sam grabs his child and runs to the bedroom to see you curled up, sleeping peacefully in the bed. He lets out a sigh of relief and clumsily pulls his phone from his pocket, keeping his eye on you.
"Huh?" Dean mumbles sleepily into the phone.
"John had a nightmare that Y/N was burning on the ceiling." Sam says without preamble.
"Is she?" Dean sounds more awake now.
"No. She's asleep on the bed."
"Then it's okay."
"But--"
"Sammy, I'm sure it's fine. Sometimes kids dream."
"But with Jess--"
"She isn't Jess. It'll be okay. Go to bed, Sammy."
"Yeah. Okay. Yeah." Sam agrees and hangs up the phone. "Well," he says, turning to his son, "Do you wanna sleep with Mommy and Daddy tonight?"
John nods.
Sam puts the little boy in the middle of the bed and climbs in on his other side. You wake up to this and look over to see your son, and smile. "Have a bad dream, baby?" You ask gently, reaching out and stroking his hair.
John nods again. "It's okay. Daddy made it better."
"That's good." You say, looking over John to Sam. He gives a forced smile. "Goodnight, John." You kiss his cheek and go back to bed.
When you wake up the next morning, you notice your husband looking exceedingly tired.
"Go brush your teeth, John." You say when your son finishes his breakfast.
"Yes, Momma." He says, and leaves the room.
"Sam? You okay?" You touch Sam's shoulder.
Sam jumps and looks at you. "Sorry, what?"
"What's wrong?"
He shakes his head and stands up, wrapping his strong arms around your waist as he kisses you. "Nothing, babe. It's all right."
"Tell me what's going on, Sam."
"It's nothing. John just had a bad dream."
"So what's your excuse?"
"I was awake keeping the monsters away." He smiles a bit.
"Yeah?"
"Yeah."
"All right." You shrug out of his arms and start picking up the plates.
"Hey, Y/N?" Sam asks suddenly.
"Yeah?"
"I love you." He says.
"I love you too." You smile.