James Potter x Aolani Olson

"Just hit him with a bludger."
"No."
"Please? Just do it."
"I'm not hitting your best friend with a bludger." Aolani Olson tells Sirius Black.
"Party pooper." He pouts.
"What'd he ever do to you?"
"Remember when my hair was green?"
"Yes, very well." She resists the urge to laugh.
"He put dye in my shampoo. And my conditioner. And my hair spray. And my hair gel."
"Poor baby." She fake pouts.
"I know! So hit him with a--Oh, hey, James. What's up?" Sirius raises his hand in acknowledgement of his friend walking in the common room.
James waves back and starts over. "Oh, Remus! I need you!" He yells, diverting his course.
"Hit him with a bludger! Hit him with a bludger!" Sirius whispers.
"I'm not hitting one at my own team. Ask a Slytherin; they hate him enough. Besides, if I did actually hit him with a bludger, you'd be angry. You guard him like a dog. I'm not doing it." Aolani gets up. "I have class to get to, and so do you. I suggest you get going."
"Oi, Olson! Wait up!" James calls as she's walking out the portrait hole.
She stops and wait's stepping out of the way of a few first years coming in.
James takes his leave of Remus and hurries to Aolani, walking out with her. "Did I tell you practice has been changed to tonight?" He asks.
"No."
"Practice has been changed to tonight."
"Thanks." She says sarcastically.
"Sure. See you then. What class are you going to? Arithmancy?"
"Yeah."
"Yeah, I don't do that shit. I'll walk you anyways."
"Or you could go to your class."
"Nah." He shrugs and struts along with her.
"What a gentleman." She says flatly.
"Ahh, yes. I am, aren't I?"
"Yeah, because I wasn't being sarcastic at all." She says sarcastically.
"Yep."

She goes to the Quidditch Pitch that night to find it empty.
If James Potter didn't show with some really good explanation, he was going to get a beating with a bat, and maybe a bludger next practice. Perhaps both.
"Hey, there." His voice says as he comes over, broom in hand.
She crosses her arms. "What is this?"
"Call it an impromptu date."
"I'm not having a date with you."
"You're already here, might as well." He grins.
"I'm going to beat you with this bat."
"And that's very well deserved. Just do it after." He grins.
She gets on her broom.
His smile fades. "Shit."
"Yeah. Shit's right."
He hops on his broom and flies away.
They chase each other over the grounds until it's dark. They, of course, earn some strange looks from people underneath.
Aolani flies down close to the ground to drop her bat by a Ravenclaw. "Hold onto this, yes?" She asks. She doesn't hear her friend's reply, because she's already gone.
"How long are we doing this?" James calls back to her.
"Until you call off this 'date.'" She calls back.
"No can do, sister." He grins and goes faster.
James alights on the top of the Astronomy Tower, and she lands beside him. "But that was the best date you've ever had, wasn't it?" He grins.
"Yes, I suppose it was." She admits.
His grin widens. "Come on, we should get back."
She nods.
He leans down to kiss her, but she holds out her hand.
"What?" He asks.
"Don't kiss on the first date." She smirks.
"Fine. We'll have another. Grab your broom." He grabs his broom and jumps off the tower.
With a roll of her eyes, she follows.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
@Lostintimeandsarcasm