Tony Stark x Reader

"Hey, honey. I know this is the fifth time I've called and I'm probably being annoying, but it's late and you're normally home by now... I don't know what I did, but if you just tell me I'll do whatever I can to fix it. I'm sorry. I love you." Tony leaves his message.
Around three, he calls again, staring out the window into the darkness. "Hey, babe. I really thought I was doing good with this relationship, but I guess I was wrong? I'm sorry, Y/N. Please just let me know you're okay and I swear I'll leave you alone. Love you." He finishes quietly.
He's doesn't need coffee the next morning to keep him up, despite having gotten no sleep. Who needs coffee when you have anxiety, anyways?
He calls and leaves another message, "I know something's wrong. Don't worry, baby. I'll find you."

"You guys are really accommodating for terrorists." You tell the masked man.
He stares at you unblinkingly.
"May I make a request?"
"Speak." He says in a deep voice with an accent.
"Can I call my boyfriend? Just to tell him I'm okay."
"No."
"See, he's an overemotional wreck and I don't want him thinking he's screwed up and doing something stupid."
"You can't have contact."
"Can you call him then?"
"No."
"Text him?"
"No."
"Fine. Then go ahead and kill me."
"We'll text your boyfriend."
"Thank you."
He says something in a different language into a speaker.
Now all that's left is for you to make an ingenious plan to get yourself out of here like Tony had in Afghanistan. No big deal, right?
"Get to work." The man says.
"I'm thinking. Don't interrupt."
"May I have a window?" You ask later.
"No."
"I simply cannot work without a window." You shake your head.
They bring you into a room with a slit for a window.
"I suppose this'll do. I was hoping for something that, say, a dove could slip through." Preferably a person, but you'd take a dove.
The man stares at you.
"We can be friends, right? What's your name? You already know mine."
He stares.
"I'll call you Mr. Dolphin, shall I?"
You can hear the wind that night. It blows hard against the brick building.
You find a rock in the corner of the room, and while Mr. Dolphin is relieving himself, you bust the window with the rock and throw it into the middle of the room. You scream, to make it more believable and sit back in your chair as masked men run in.
"I'm sorry." You say. "It frightened me, that's all."
They bring in a medic to be sure that you're okay.
He gives you a wet rag and leaves. You hang it out the window during the next transition, just in case Tony comes.
You lose track of time and run out of ways to procrastinate.
"Go to sleep, Mr. Dolphin. You must be exhausted. I'll wake you if anybody comes." You say.
"I think I may."
"Y/N?" A voice whispers through the window about an hour later.
Mr. Dolphin's asleep, so you run to the window to see Captain America. "Steve."
"Tony." Steve says. "I found her. West side, second window from the left."
"Let me know before you blast a wall in." You say.
Steve nods. "Will do. Where are you going? Y/N?"
You kneel beside Mr. Dolphin and shake him. "Mr. Dolphin?"
He jumps awake, sitting up straight.
"I'm leaving." You tell him quietly. "I'd let you come with us, but you're a terrorist. I figured I'd tell you so that you'd be able to choose what to do about your life."
"What?"
"Your bosses will torture you. You can kill yourself first, if you'd prefer. I just wanted you to know."
He pulls his gun and you reach to stop him, but you're too slow. He just hands it to you, though. "You do it."
"What?"
"Shoot me." He puts it in your hands.
"Um, no. You or your boss. Take your pick."
"I can't do it. I don't want them to do it. You have to do it."
"I'm sorry." You say. You hold your hand out to him.
"Thank you." He slips his hand in yours.
"What's your name, Mr. Dolphin?" You ask quietly.
"Abbas."
"It was nice knowing you."
"And yourself. Do it, now, Y/N."
You shoot him in the head.
You pull his mask off and look at his face. He couldn't be more than twenty.
"Y/N?" A voice hisses through the crack--Sam.
"I'm here." You say quietly.
"What happened?" Tony demands.
"I shot Mr. Dolphin."
Tony whispers something to Steve and Sam.
"We'll deal with that later. Y/N, we're blasting a wall in." Steve says.
You duck behind a desk just as the wall explodes, sending debris all over Mr. Dolphin's corpse.
You jump out from behind your desk and run out the hole. You'd made sure you were on the first floor, of course.
Iron Man grabs you and flies away. Sam grabs Steve, and they're off, just as masked men are running out.
When you get to the next big city, you all alight.
"Who's Mr. Dolphin, Y/N?" Tony asks quietly.
"He was my guard." You explain. "I... shot him."
He opens his mouth, but then closes it.
"Tell him I'm not crazy." You beg Steve and Sam.
They just stare at you too.
"Dolphin isn't his real name. Guys. Come on. Do I sound crazy?"
"Yes." They all said.
Bad question.
"Guys."
"What was his real name, Y/N?" Steve asks.
"Abbas. He was the only person I talked to for--How long was I gone?"
"Three months." Steve says.
"And four days." Tony adds quietly.
"He was the only person I talked to for three months and four days, and I shot him."
"Let's go home." Tony says quietly.
"I don't think you're crazy." Sam says.
"Thank you." You say.
You stare down at the ocean as you fly over it.
"Are you okay?" Tony finally asks.
"I'm fine." You say. Except you aren't fine, because you just shot Mr. Dolphin, but apparently you can't tell people that.
"Please believe me, Tony." You say, turning your head to look at him.
"All right. Okay. Mr. Dolphin."
"Thank you."
"And you can just, you know, delete your voicemails."
"My phone's back there."
"Oh, thank God."
"Why?"
"No reason. Did you not miss me enough to even kiss me?" He asks.
"I did. But you're a meaniebutt and I'm angry now."
"No you're not."
"No I'm not. But last time I kissed you while you were flying, you almost ran us into a building."
"Ah, very true. I guess I can wait until we land."
"Okay." You smile.
"No I can't." He kisses you.