Sirius Black x Reader

You walk into the common room after a long few hours of studying alone in the library. When you make it to the common room without Filch catching you, you send a little thank you prayer to every deity you can think of.
When you hear James yell "Fine, Sirius! Whatever. I'm going to bed," you almost turn back around and walk out to the mercy of Filch and Mrs. Norris. Just because Sirius is your boyfriend doesn't mean you have to put up with him, right?
Wrong.
You walk in anyways to see Sirius staring out the window with a bottle in his hand.
"Hey, babe." You say.
He jumps and turns around unsteadily. His expression changes when he sees it's you, but he quickly masks it.
"Something the matter?" You prompt.
"Get away from me." He turns back around.
"Who died and made you queen?"
He says nothing, just raises the bottle up to his lips.
"What's wrong, Sirius?" You ask again. You'd almost called him 'Black,' but you'd learned a long time ago not to do that when he's upset.
"Get the hell away from me." He practically growls, making you imagine the big black dog.
"No."
"Leave me alone."
"Is that what you want?"
"No."
"Then don't say it. One day someone'll listen."
"James did." His knuckles are white around the neck of the bottle.
"Don't you think you've had enough?"
"Apparently I haven't."
You walk up to stand beside him, leaning against the wall.
"Go away." He growls.
"No thanks."
He glares at you, and you almost move away a bit, but you don't. "Why don't you tell me what's wrong?"
"I don't wanna." He turns back out the window. "Can you leave? I want you to leave."
"No you don't."
He closes his eyes and leans his head against the glass. "Yes I do."
"Fine. I'll go." You shrug and walk away.
You go up to your dormitory and put your books down before going back to Sirius. You stand beside him, reaching out and touching his arm.
He shrugs away. "I don't... I don't belong here." He says after a while.
"Where?"
"Anywhere."
"Not even with me?"
"Definitely not with you."
"Why's that?"
"You're you. You're good."
"You're good too, Sirius." You remind him.
"No I'm not. You're muggleborn. You don't know what people think when they hear my name."
"Tell me, then." You say. You reach out to pry the bottle from him. "Put this down first; I can barely understand you."
He looks at what little liquid is left in it and puts it down. "Shouldn't've done that." He says.
"No, probably not." You agree, taking both of his hands in yours so that he has no choice but to face you. "What's going on, baby?"
He looks down at your hands. "When people hear my name, they think evil. Dark Magic." He tries to drop your hands, but you hold on.
"You aren't your family."
"Yeah, but nobody cares about that. What's the bloody point of trying if nobody's going to care? Everybody's always going to think--"
"Do you know how I see you? Or James? Remus? Peter?" You interrupt.
"That doesn't matter. That's five people out of the whole world."
You couldn't tell him that you'd only mentioned four.
"Yeah, maybe so. But we love you more than the whole world could combined."
"Yeah, because they think I'm serving fucking Voldemort." He tries to jerk his shaking hands away.
"We know. You're good, Sirius. We know you do everything in your power to get away from it."
"They won't care." He keeps trying to pull away. "This little boy dropped his candy in Hogsmaede last week and I went to pick it up for him, and his mum pulled him away and told him she'd buy him more."
"People are mean--"
"If nobody's every going to care that I'm different, why should I even try? Why shouldn't I just go bow the fuck down to the fucking Dark Lord?"
"You wouldn't do that." You say matter-of-factly. "You don't believe in what he does."
"I know."
"Tell me what you believe in, then?"
"You. James and his family. Moony. Wormtail. Professor McGonagall."
"Professor McGonagall trusts you."
"I'm tired." He looks at you with sad, almost puppy dog eyes.
"I know. So why won't you let us love you?"
"Because I don't deserve it."
"Yes you do."
"I don't. I really don't."
"So then why are you dating me? Why have you let James become your brother? Why did you let Remus and Peter in?"
"Because I'm a selfish arse. The Sorting Hat was going to out me in Slytherin."
"Why didn't it?"
"It said I would do better elsewhere."
"The Sorting Hat never makes mistakes."
"It did with me."
"No. Everybody has characteristics of all of the houses, I think. I think it just depends on what we choose to act upon."
"That probably would make sense if I wasn't plastered."
"Maybe." You smile. "Can I get a hug now?"
"It's probably best you stay away. Someone like you being with someone like me might be dangerous."
"I'm willing to risk it."
"I'm not. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you because of me."
"See? Then you couldn't join Voldemort."
"I know."
You pull him into a hug. His arms stay by his side until you pull away, then he reaches out for you to stay. "Sirius, how can this possibly be so bad that you manage to keep your guard up when you're this wasted?" You ask incredulously.
He shakes his head, keeping his eyes locked on yours.
"Drop it."
"Drop what?" He looks down at his hands to make sure he's not holding anything.
"Your façade. How can you look at me like that and still shut me out?"
"Because I want you to keep looking at me like that."
"Can you tell?"
"Not at the moment. But generally."
"I promise it won't change."
"I want to sit down." He says in a very childlike way, and proceeds to sit Indian style on the floor, instead of taking the few steps to the couch.
You smile a bit and sit facing him, your knees touching his.
He leans forward and kisses you tentatively.
"Let's talk, baby." You say, breaking away after a bit.
"I'm so bloody tired." He says, blinking hard as he reaches out for your hands.
You slip your hands into his. "So stop trying so hard. We'll love you no matter what."
"Not if you saw what was in my head."
You shake your head. "No. We know the gist of what your head's like, and we're still here."
"You don't know the half of it."
"So tell me."
He shakes his head, his eyes wide.
"I promise nothing you can say will make me stop loving you."
"I don't want to risk it."
You lean forward and hug him.
"I'm sorry." He says quietly.
"For what?" You give a curious look as you release him.
"For being too scared to talk to you."
"That's all right, baby. Take your time."
He leans forward and kisses your cheek. You're sure he had aimed for your lips and just missed, but neither of you mention it. "I'm tired." He rubs his eyes.
"Let's get you to bed, then, shall we?"
He lays down and puts his head in your lap.
"Goodnight. I love you." You can't resist a smile.
"I love you too." He mumbles.