Fred Weasley x Reader

Your relationship began easily enough.
It was first year, and you were waiting to be Sorted.
"Red hair and hand-me-down clothes. You must be a Weasley." You'd said.
"Blonde hair and a snobbish attitude. You must be a Malfoy." One of the Weasley twins had retorted.
Your parents had told you to make good friends, but they hadn't specified that those 'good friends' couldn't be Weasleys. When you had told them about your friends, they'd written back and specified the pureblood, non-blood-traitor side of that statement, telling you you needed to set a good example for your little brother, Draco.
But, unfortunately for them, there was nothing your parents could do, and you befriended Fred and George Weasley.
Fortunately for your parents, their son was more obedient.
You did everything with Fred and George. You'd helped steal a toilet seat. You'd helped dye Professor Snape's hair pink. You'd pranked Filtch and his cat. You'd used the secret passage ways. You'd helped bewitch snowballs to hit Professor Quirrell in the back of his turban, even though it was against your better judgment. You even had Christmas dinners at their house.
But, when they left to start their joke shop, you'd stayed at school. There were a lot of things you would risk disappointing your parents with (take the Weasleys, for example), but dropping out of Hogwarts was not one of those things.
But they came back when Harry Potter did. You came with them. And, when all the other Slytherins left before the battle with Voldemort, you stayed.
"Defy the norm!" George pumps his, grinning at you.
You laugh and roll your eyes, giving him a hug. "Long time no see." You smile.
"Hey, right back at you."
You turn to hug Fred, but he grabs your hand and pulls you aside. "I missed you." He says.
"Yeah, I missed you too." You're still smiling, glad to see them.
He kisses you. "I really missed you."
"I really missed you too." You smile.
"Look, if anything happens--"
"Nothing'll happen, Fred. Don't talk like that." Your smile slips as the worry sets in.
You're about to fight against your family, your little brother.
Maybe he'd have the good sense to get away.
"I know. But just in case." Fred slips his hand into yours. "You know I love you, right?" He asks.
He's still smiling. He never stops.
"I know. I love you too." You give a little smile.
"You don't have to do this, you know." He says quietly. "You can leave. Your parents are probably worried sick."
"Are you saying that because you don't want me to get hurt or because you don't want me having to kill my family?"
"I don't want anything happening to you, mentally or physically."
"It'll be fine."
And then the battle commences.
After the first part, you walk around yelling. "Fred?! George?! Draco! Fred!"
You see Ron and run over. "Ron? Ron, are you all right?"
He turns to you. "Yes, I'm fine. Are you?"
"Yeah. Have you seen Fred?"
"He's with everyone else in the Great Hall. Have you seen Percy?"
"He's over by the lake talking to Lupin."
The two of you separate.
You run to the Great Hall, because that's where the bodies are.
"Y/N!" Your mother yells from across the lawn.
You turn around.
"Come here! Come here now!" She yells, holding and angry looking Draco by the sleeve.
But Draco's okay, so not much else matters now, but Fred and George--And Ginny, and of course Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.
"I have to find Fred." You shout back.
"Get over here before this starts back!" She says in her warning tone.
You turn and run to where all the bodies are as your father yells your name.
You burst into the Great Hall.
You see Fred and George standing in a corner with Ginny.
You run over, almost tackling Fred in a hug.
But wrong twin. You'd hugged George.
But you hadn't kissed him, so it's all right.
You hug Ginny, and she gives you a smile.
You hug Fred and he kisses you. "Are you okay?" He asks, pushing your hair back from your face.
You nod. "Are you?"
He nods and gives a smile. "We made it." He says.
"We're walking away. C'mon, Sis. We don't need this being burned into our eyes." George says, putting his arm around Ginny and led her away.
"Yeah." You agree quietly.
"How are your parents?"
"Fine. Draco's fine."
"That's good." He says, then looks at you, waiting for you to say more.
You start to cry. "They're angry."
"Yeah, I can see why. But you did the right thing."
"They told me to come to them, but I left to find you. I can't go home."
"Home's where your heart is." He says.
"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" You ask, stifling your sobs.
"Well, considering I've nimbly stolen your heart, that means your home's with me."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
@SaraMalfoyWeasley