Steve Rogers x Reader

You sit in silence as the other's talk, contemplating the next move. Tony speaks sharply, and you look up. "Sorry." He says, only to you.
It quickly turns into a big argument, since both Tony and Steve refuse to listen to reason. 
"Y'all need to chill." You finally speak up, and everybody stops talking to look at you. You rarely talk.
You don't say anything else, and they continue in normal tones and volumes.
Steve looks at his phone. His original expression is masked before you can read it and he stands up, pocketing his phone. "I have to go." He says, walking out.
You get up and follow him. You walk through the door to see him at the landing of the stairway, his hands on the wall, his head hanging. "Steve?" You ask.
He stands up quickly. "Y/N. Hey, sweetheart. I was just leaving. Uh..."
You hold out your hand. He takes it and comes forward. "What's wrong?" You ask.
He shakes his head and presses his lips to yours.
He used to say that he felt bad kissing you, since you never say anything. He always said he felt like you didn't want it. Now, though, he doesn't seem to mind. "Do you want to go back to my place?" He asks after a moment.
You nod.
You drive the two of you back to his apartment. He holds your hand as you walk inside. When you sit down on the couch, he starts to cry. He hands you his phone and you read the message: "She's gone. In her sleep."
He doesn't kiss you now, since he doesn't have anybody around to make him try to keep up his tough-guy façade. You put your arms arms around him, and he lets you.

You go to Peggy's funeral. Steve has his arm around you the whole time.
"Go on out. I'll be there in a second." He says when it's over.
Sam claps Steve's shoulder, then holds his arm out to you, to escort you out.
"Want me to wait with you?" He asks.
"No, it's fine. Thank you." You offer a smile.
Natasha walks up after a while. "Hey."
You nod.
"He still in there?"
You nod again.
"You're not signing the Accords?"
You shake your head. "I was going to, but I don't want to leave Steve."
She nod. "Mind if I talk to him?"
You shrug. Why should you care?
She comes out after a while. "You should go check on him."
You nod.
"And when I get back, you, Wanda and I are shopping." She smiles as she walks away.
"Okay." You offer a sincere smile before turning to go into the church.
He's sitting down in the first pew, his head in his hands. His shoulders are shaking.
You debate with yourself for a little bit, trying to decide if you should approach him or not. You come to the conclusion that he doesn't mind you seeing him vulnerable, so you sit beside him, putting your arm around him.
He jumps and looks up. He relaxes when he sees who it is. He offers a smile.
You give a little sympathetic smile.
He leans back and puts his arm around you. You lean your head on his shoulder. He kisses your hair. "Thank you."
"For what?"
"I'm sure not many girls would be too crazy about sitting with their boyfriend as they cry over a former lover."
You shrug. You don't care. "I understand." You say simply.
"Exactly. Thank you. I love you."
"I love you too."