Tony Stark x Reader

Tony shows up at your door, clad in a suit and tie. He hands you a bouquet of roses with a Playboy smile. "Hey, Y/N." He smiles.
"Hey yourself." You say, the slightest bit confused as you go to put the flowers in water. "Something you wanna talk about?" You suggest.
"I'm taking you out for dinner." He states.
"Now?"
"Yep."
"What if I had plans?"
"Then we'd reschedule, but as I've come all this way already, I'd settle for some--"
"Don't finish that sentence. I'll go get dressed."
He smiles again as you go to your bedroom.
"Care if I join?" He asks with a smirk.
"I do, yes." You laugh, shutting the door.
In perfect juxtaposition to his previous ineffable composure, he drops his phone when you emerge in a long red dress, then scrambles to pick it up again, knocking his head on the coffee table as he stands. "I--Uhm--You--Uh--Hi." He finally says, rubbing the back of his head.
"We've passed the greetings, love." You laugh. "Your head okay?"
"My what? Oh. Yes. It's fine. You look... yeah."
"I look yeah? Good vocabulary." You smile, cheeks flushed.
"S-sorry. I... yeah. Okay. You look pulchritudinous." He said. "Oh, gosh. Wow. That sounded like a gross word--"
"I know what it means, Tony--"
"Ravishing. You look ravishing. Marvelous." He comes forward to kiss your cheek, but trips. "Shoot. Sorry." He offers an embarrassed smile.
You laugh. "You're fine, Tony. Are you all right?"
"Yep. Fine. Wonderful. You?"
"I'm good." You say.
He kisses your cheek. "I'm okay." He assures you when you continue to give him concerned glances. As you walk out, he hands you his keys. "You know, you'd probably better drive."
"You want me to drive?" You raise your eyebrows.
"Yes. You probably should."
"You don't want to...?"
"I trust you. Shall we?" He opens the door for you.
You get in, pulling your dress in with you.
He climbs in the passenger side, leaning over and kissing your cheek. "You look divine." He says.
"You wanna see how many more synonyms you can come up with, or are you done?" You ask.
"I'll probably come up with some more."
"Where are we going?"
"I'll give directions." He smiles a bit.
You spend the car ride with him randomly spouting off synonyms for pulchritudinous over classic rock.
"Resplendent." He says.
"Exquisite." He adds over Rick Springfield.
"Dazzling." He continues.
You tune him out, for the most part. You love him, but he's a bit extravagant sometimes.
"Beautiful." He finally says as you get out at the restaurant, meeting you in front of his opulent car and touching your cheek as he kisses you. That's a word he never uses. He always uses big, eloquent words, and never something as "simple" as "beautiful." "You look beautiful." He says.
You look up at him, shocked by the sincerity in his eyes. "Well, thank you, Tony. You look stunning yourself."
"Stunning! I didn't think of that one!"
You laugh as you take his arm and he leads you inside.
"Mr. Stark." A waitress smiles. "Right this way, please."
You follow her to a table in the back of the dimly lit restaurant. Tony pulls your chair out for you. You raise your eyebrows again, but take your seat. All the other places he's taken you have been only semiformal. You find it odd to be in this quite obviously sumptuous restaurant.
"May I interest you in some wine?" She asks.
"Yes, please." He says, and proceeds to tell her a long name in another language.
"As you wish." She gives you both menus.
Before she returns with the wine, a waiter pours you both water. Tony has neither spoken, nor looked away from you, as she returns and pours you both a glass of wine. "Thank you." You both say.
"My pleasure. Have you decided on your meals?"
Tony gestures for you to go first, but you pretend like you're still deciding. He orders something that sounds exceedingly complicated, and the waitress nods in understanding. "And for you?" She asks you.
"May I have just.. a side salad please?" You ask uncomfortably.
"That's all?"
"Yes. Please."
Tony laughs. "As you can see, she's very hard to please." He tells the waitress.
She laughs quietly and walks away.
"Any particular reason you decided to drop McDonalds?" You venture to ask.
He laughs again. "Just thought a change of scenery would be nice."
"I see."
You take a sip of your wine and make a face. Gross. You'd stick with water.
"What is that?" You ask when your food comes.
He inspects his plate. "I think it's fish? Wanna try it?"
"... After you."
He takes a tentative bite. "Pretty good. Now do you wanna try it?"
"Sure."
"Not bad." You agree.
"How's your salad?" He grins.
"Lovely." You smile.
"Wanna watch fireworks?" Tony asks as you head out to the car after dinner.
"Where?"
"My place, of course."
"How can I refuse fireworks?"
"So that's what it takes." He smirks.
You hand him his keys. Rhodey says Tony doesn't like to be handed things, but he's always taken things from you. He takes the keys now, then proceeds to open the door for you with a gesture.
"Thank you." You curtsey and get in.
He drives, reaching over and entwining his fingers with yours.
"Are you okay?" You ask.
"As of now. Are you?" He glances over at you.
"Yeah."
"Wine?" He asks when you get to his house.
"No thanks." You say.
"Beer?"
You contemplate. "Sure."
He smiles and gets out two beers, opening them both and handing one to you. "You wanna get the fireworks ready, JARVIS? Five minutes?"
"Yes sir." JARVIS said.
"Hey, JARVIS." You smile.
"Hello, Mrs. Stark."
"How are--Wait, what?" You say, startled.
"I'm sorry." Tony says, his cheeks bright red. "Rhodey must have done that." He laughs awkwardly, and you join. "Well, fireworks?"
"Sure."
He takes you to a balcony and gestures to a seat. You sit, and he leans against the railing. "You aren't gonna join me?" You ask with a smile.
"I will in a minute." He shoots you a dazzling smile.
You look up to the dark sky as you hear the first firework. It's shaped like a 'W,' and the first thing that comes to your mind is Harry Potter, making you more confused.
More letters follow, but you don't read. You're trying to figure out how they're staying lit in the air so long. You give up and read it: Will you marry me?
You look to the railing, but Tony isn't there. You find him kneeling in front of you with an ornate ring. You're still trying to let it sink in as he starts talking.
"I tweaked them a bit to make them last longer." He begins in a rush. "Do you like it?"
"I love you." You say. You had meant to say you love the fireworks, but that's not what came out. "I love it." You amended. "Yes, I'll marry you." You add.
He grins as he slides the ring onto your finger, shifting to get closer and kissing you. "I was hoping you'd say that."