George Weasley x Reader

You'd never spoken to George Weasley.
From first year, he would tug on your hair, or make your quills levitate when you put them down, or any of those sorts of things. Once, with a wink, he'd slipped you a note in class that said "Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you." He hadn't seen you look at it, so you'd pretended you hadn't.
He'd tried to speak to you a couple of times, and he'd been persistent, but he was him, and you were you, so you never let it go father than a "hello."
It seemed to everybody that everyone in the school was aware of his fancying you besides you yourself.
You knew. But you also knew you didn't deserve what George Weasley had to offer.
After all, you were solemnly you, and he was gloriously him.
You're broken, and he's happy.
Who are you to intervene?

The first time you purposefully go in his general direction is immediately after the Battle of Hogwarts.
People see it, and they stop to stare.
Fred Weasley is dead, and George Weasley is crying.
George Weasley without his smile is like a play without characters. It's not something you want to see.
But now he's no longer some high and lofty, perfect being. Now you see that he has another side, a pained side. Now he's approachable.
So you walk up and kneel beside him.
He looks up at you and, without a second of hesitation, wraps his arms around you and cries into your shoulder.
You wrap your arms around him and kiss the top of his head. You cry.
When you all go out to face Lord Voldemort, George keeps his hand in yours.
When Harry rises up, George turns excitedly to the side and says, "Fred!"
You turn your face away, starting to cry again.
"Y/N?" George whispers.
"Yes?" You whisper back.
"Why won't you look at me?"
"Because seeing you sad is the hardest thing I've ever looked at." You stare down.
"I know why you'd never talk to me before." He's staring at his feet now too.
"What?" You look up at him.
"I could have helped you." He turns to look at you. "Why didn't you let me? I could have helped you. You didn't have to be alone."
"You aren't alone. That's what matters." You say.
He kisses your cheek lightly. "And now neither are you."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
@Hollievs99