Tony Stark x Reader

You wake up in the hospital room. Your eyes open to see Tony sitting in the chair beside your bed, watching you worriedly. For a moment, you forget what happened, but when you look down to see the bandage on your wrist, you remember.
"Thank God." Tony says the instant your eyes open. "Oh, thank God." He runs his hands over his face. "Thank God." He says for the third time.
You say nothing, just watch him.
When he lifts his head, he's crying. "I thought you would die." His voice cracks.
"One can hope." You say, not looking away.
"No. Don't. Don't say that, Y/N."
"I'm sorry." You continue in a monotone, honestly not caring.
"You scared the hell out of me." Tony says.
You start to cry. You must really have scared him if he was using such profanity. "I'm sorry." You repeat. "I didn't mean to hurt you."
He stands up and brushes your hair back, leaning down and kissing your forehead, his lips lingering. "I love you, baby." He says softly.

A week later, you wake up in your bed.
Well, not technically your bed. It was Tony's bed. He was refusing to allow you out of his sight, much less in your own bed by yourself. Your eyes open to see him sitting in a chair, watching you, dark circles under his eyes. "Good morning." He whispers.
"Tony." You sigh.
"What?"
"Did you even sleep?"
"About an hour. Give or take."
"You won't make a very good sentinel if you're falling asleep in the middle of the day."
"What if you wake up?" He asks.
"Then I'll go back to bed."
"You wouldn't wake me up if you needed something."
"Yes I would." You kind of lie.
"You didn't." He says softly.
"I'm sorry, Tony. I've apologized on several occasions. What more do you want?"
"Apologies don't change it. I want you to be okay. I want you to be happy."
"I'm fine, Tony."
"No, Y/N, you're not."
"Thanks." You say sarcastically.
"I just want to make sure you're okay."
"I'm fine. Come lay down."
"I've got a better view from here."
"Wow." You say in an attempt to make the situation a bit lighter. "You've got me right where you've wanted me, and you won't even join me."
He looks at you, not amused.
"Just come lay down, baby."
"No."
"Tony. You're being childish."
"I made pancakes. Are you ready for them?"
"Tony. Please."
"You've got to eat."
"I want to sleep. Come lay down with me."
After much convincing, he comes and lays down, his arms slipping gently around your waist.
"I'm not fragile. You can hold me tighter."
"You feel fragile."
"But I'm not." You say indignantly.
"Maybe if you would eat."
"I do eat! I eat three fucking meals a day, all to appease who? You. I'm doing all of this shit to make you feel better. I don't have to stay here. I can go home. I don't have to eat. I can refuse. I'm doing all of this for you, Tony." You try to jerk from his arms, but they tighten around you, holding you back. You start to cry.
"I know, babe. I'm sorry. I'm just scared. I'm so scared." He presses his lips to your head.
"I won't do it again. I'm sorry." You whisper as his hand closes around your thin wrist, his thumb gently brushing the new, still healing scars there.
"I thought that's what you'd said before. You'd told me you'd stopped cutting--"
"I had." You say softly.
"I know. And I was so proud." He says, making the tears gush from your eyes. "And then you tried to--"
"Tony, please. Please stop." You choke out.
"I'm sorry." He says.
You lay in silence for a while.
"Hey, Y/N?" He asks after a moment.
"Yeah?"
"I know this isn't exactly elegant, but will you marry me?"
"Tony." You sigh. "You're only doing this because--"
"No. I've had the ring for almost a year. I've just been too scared to ask."
"Chicken."
"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I just didn't know what to say and I kept chickening out but now I'm 110% sure I couldn't live without you."
"If I marry you, I'm not going go have you watching me sleep and forcing food down my throat."
"I'll continue to force food down your throat. I guess I might be able to sleep, maybe."
"All right."
"'All right'? Is that a yes?"
"Yeah."