Simon Lewis x Reader

You sit in the garage, listening to Simon's band with a smile plastered on your face.
According to Raphael, he's been doing this for centuries. Neither of you have the heart to tell him that if it hasn't worked out in all that time, it probably never will.
"I'm bored." Raphael whispers. "And hungry."
"Sh. He likes it." You elbow him.
"That was great!" You jump up when their song ends. "I swear it gets better every time I listen." You kiss Simon's cheek. "Got any people food?"
"'Course." He turns his head and kisses your lips. "Hey, will you come with me somewhere tonight? I wanna introduce you to some people."
"Sure." You smile and head inside to the kitchen.
"Got any blood?" Raphael asks grumpily.
"In the fridge, buddy."
Raphael stalks after you.
You awake that night to Simon picking you up.
"Ready to go?" You ask immediately. You hadn't meant to fall asleep.
"We'll go another day. Go back to sleep."
"No, no. I'm ready." You wriggle from his arms and pull him to the door.
A short while later, you're standing outside of a cemetery.
You glance at him.
"I can't go in."
"Why..?"
"It's consecrated ground. Vampire stuff and whatnot."
You nod, waiting for an explanation of as to why you're standing outside of a cemetery.
He points. "That's Clary's grave. She was an artist... She was my best friend."
You look at the tombstone, refusing to look at your boyfriend.
"There's Izzy's. I loved her. She..." he paused for a little laugh. "She was great. She couldn't cook, though, but I never had to eat it, so joke's on them."
"That one's Alec, Izzy's brother. You know Magnus? Yeah, they had a thing."
"Magnus--Yeah, okay." You nod.
Simon laughs and points again. "That one's Jace's. He was Clary's... lover. He was such a pretty-boy. It was infuriating. It wasn't even just his narcissistic arrogance, he was just naturally obnoxious. But you know..."
You nod.
"You think I'm weird." He says.
"No." You say quietly.
"Then why are you avoiding eye contact?"
You turn to him with tears in your eyes. "Simon, but everybody dies. How...?"
"Um... I don't know. It's just... life, I guess?"
"I meant how can you stand it." You grab at his hands.
He shrugs. "I don't know. It was hard at first. I mean, it's always hard. I had Magnus and Raphael, so that helped a bit."
You start crying. "Simon..."
"Don't cry. Please don't do that."
"That must be horrid." You say, trying to contain your tears.
"It's okay. I'm fine."
You throw your arms around his neck. "Why would you keep getting close to mortals, since you know how it ends?"
"I don't. Not since they all died. Just... Just you."
"Why would you do that to yourself?"
"I couldn't help it. Do you remember the day we first met?"
"Not really, no." You admit, not taking your face from his shoulder to look at him.
"We were in the library. You had a Doctor Who shirt on. It had the twentieth Doctor on it. He's your favorite."
"That was... specific."
"It was. Anyways, the point of that story was that there was literally no way I could have not spoken to you."
"You could've refrained from getting close."
"No. It was a landslide. I didn't have a choice--Landslide's a song from forever ago. Remind me to have you listen to it. But the Smashing Pumpkins one--"
You kiss him. "Simon, I love you."
"I love you too. Can we go home? It's awkward making out in front of a cemetery."
You laugh and nod. "Okay. Let's go."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
@singing-of-fandoms