Sirius Black x Reader (Part II)

"So, where are we going?" Lily asks on the train back to London.
You shrug.
"Can we get Chinese?" James asks.
"Chinese?" Lily gives him a weird look.
"He likes the fortune cookies." Remus explains, not looking up from his book.
"I love the fortune cookies." James says excitedly. "Can we? Can we?"
"Sure, James. We'll get Chinese." You smile.
"Hey, Padfoot, you wanna switch girlfriends?" James asks.
"Not his girlfriend." You remind them all.
"But you could be." Peter offers.
"No. No I could not be."
"So, where're we gonna go?" Sirius asks you.
"How should I know?" You ask.
"I figured you and Lily would decide."
"We figured it should be a group decision." You counter.
"We could go camping." Lily suggests.
"That'd be fun." You agree.
"Yeah. My parents have a tent--" James begins.
"We can't use a magical tent. That defeats the purpose." You say.
Lily nods in agreement.
"But my hair can't do humidity--" Sirius begins.
"Your hair'll be fine." Lily rolls her eyes.

"Well, James, you happy with your fortune cookie?" You ask.
He nods and licks his ice cream.

A few days later, the six of you disapparate from the Potter's house to the woods. James and Sirius try to use magic to get the tents up, so Lily takes their wands. "Remus and Peter aren't complaining." She reprimands.
"I call sleeping with Y/L/N." Sirius says that night as you all sit around a fire.
"Ha!" You say in response.
"I'll take Lily." James winks.
"No." Lily says. "I already called Peter."
"And I Remus." You agree.
"Don't put us in the middle of this." Remus says in response to the surprised looks of his friends. "That never happened. I call Peter."
"Looks like it's you and me, mate." James slings his arm around Sirius' shoulders.
A while later, you sit out there by yourself. Everyone else has gone to bed, but you can't. Lily had offered to stay up with you, but you knew she was tired so you declined it. You regretted your decision now that you were sitting out alone in the woods in the middle of the night with all the sounds and shadows.
One of the tents rustles and you jump. Immediately after, you're whispering your chastisements to yourself for being such a scaredy-cat. The door unzips, though, and Sirius crawls out. You decide not to mention that his hair's a bit frizzy. He comes and sits beside you on the ground. "Hey." He says.
"Hey." You offer a smile, relaxing now that he's there. You lay back to look up at the stars.
Sirius joins you, not saying anything.
Shortly, he sits up straight. "Is that a full moon?" He demands.
"No--not yet. I think that's in two days, maybe?"
He gives an audible sigh of relief and lays back down beside you. "May I ask you a question, Y/N?"
"You just did."
"May I ask two more?"
"There's one. Chose wisely." You give him a smile.
"Good. So, you are aware of my numerous amorous advances, correct? Why do you refuse to acknowledge them?"
"That was two. Which do you want answered?"
"Ha ha."
"I'm painfully aware." You assure him.
"You'd think I'd've worn you down by this time."
You laugh quietly. "You'd regret your decision if I accepted them."
"How would you know? You won't give me a chance."
"I'm sorry."
"If you're sorry, give me a chance."
"I'll tell you what. If you can go through this whole camping trip without looking in a mirror, I will."
"You're hitting where it hurts, Y/L/N."
You laugh.

A couple days later, Remus tugs your hair as you're all hiking up a mountain. You slap his hand away. "Don't be a child." You advise.
"But I am one." He smiles.
That night, James joins you to look at the stars while everyone else roasts marshmallows.
"Shit." James says suddenly.
"Shit!" Remus says, sounding panicked.
"Shit." Sirius drops his marshmallow.
"Shit." Peter stands up.
"Prongs!" Sirius says, grabbing Remus' arm. "Hey, mate. It's all right. Hang on bit." He tells Remus soothingly. "It's okay. I got you."
"Peter, stay here." Lily says.
Peter casts a look at Remus. Remus nods. "Okay." Peter says.
"Shit!" Remus gets up and starts to scramble away. Sirius goes with him, not letting him go. "Prongs!" Remus says.
James half tackles them, and somewhere in the madness, they disapparate.
You start crying as you join Lily and Peter. Lily joins you.
"It'll be fine." Peter says. "It always is."
"But doesn't it break your heart?" You ask.

The three of you sleep outside that night. Your head's on Peter's lap, and Lily's head is on your legs. You wake up to Sirius yelling. "Greetings, bitches! We're back!"
"Shut up, Padfoot." Remus growls.
"I know you guys have a strict rule," James says, "But I figured one meal wouldn't hurt." He holds up McDonalds bags.
You gesture for Remus to come sit by you, and he does, but avoids eye contact. "Sorry." He says awkwardly.
"For what?"
"Last night. I..."
"No, don't."
"Is that not why you called me over here?"
"No. Why would I do that? I just wanted to tell you about the book I was reading last night." You pick a fry off of the napkin he had poured them onto. "Okay, so--"

You and Lily are sitting out by the lake that afternoon talking about James.
"See, he's not so bad, is you?" You smile.
"Shut up."
"Hey, Red, can I talk to Y/N for a second?" Sirius asks.
You shake your head at Lily, but she gets up anyways--probably revenge for what you'd just said. Sirius claims her vacated seat. "Damn. Thought you guy's'd be swimming."
You roll your eyes. "I know you didn't come here to talk about bikinis."
"If you show me yours, I'll show you mine."
You laugh and roll your eyes again. "Whatever, Black."
"Are you mad at me?"
"A little."
"Why?" He asks. "I don't recall doing anything wrong recently."
"You didn't."
"Then why are you mad--oh, is this one of those lady things?"
"No." You shoot him a look, repressing a smile as best you could.
"Then why are you angry?"
"I don't like it when you're nice."
"When I'm nice?"
"Yes."
".... Are you sure this isn't one of those lady things?"
You shoot him another look.
"Not a lady thing. Got it."
"I don't want to like you." You inform him.
"Oh, so you do! I'll have you know that I have yet to look in a mirror, by the way."
"Must be a record."
"It is. What did I do to be nice?"
"Last night with Remus."
"Oh. Yeah, well." He shrugs.
"I appreciate how you guys treat him. I'd never thought about that when I was considering the ways you're an arse."
He doesn't say anything for a while. "Well... Sorry you think I'm a jerk."
"But you aren't one. That'a the problem."
"You really don't wanna date me, huh?"
"I don't."
"So don't. No one's making you."
"But I want to." You chance a look at him to see him grinning. "Stop that. Stop that now."
"You wanna date me, you wanna date me!" He sing-songs.
"Shush!"
He repeats himself, louder.
"Black!"
"I'll stop if you kiss me." He says, taking a breath to begin his repeat.
You kiss him.
When you pull away, he laughs. You narrow your eyes.
"I finally won." He grins, kissing you again. "PRONGS!" He yells.
James runs down. "What? What's wrong?" He demands.
"Y/L/N wants to date me." He grins.
James squeezes himself between the two of you, turning to face you. "All right, then, Y/L/N. Let's talk about my little boy, shall we?"