Will Herondale x Reader

"You can stop staring now, William." You say. "Come on, are we going or not? Jem can accompany me, if you aren't up to the task, yes, Jem?"
"Yes." Jem says, bringing his violin down from his shoulder and turning around. "But I'm certain that Will is more than capable of bringing himself out of his stupor and escorting you, isn's that right, William?"
"Yes." Will jumps off Jem's bed and bows before you, rising with his arm offered. "Shall we?"
"We shall." You take his arm. "You're certain you're okay, Jem?"
"Yes, I'm all right. Don't worry. Have fun."
Will walks you to your waiting carriage, humming his song about Demon Pox the whole way.
"Will, perhaps we could not sing that in the house full of Downworlders we're about to enter?" You suggest.
"Me, foolishly risk my life? Never."
You move to sit beside him. "Let's talk about that, shall we?"
"We shall not." He moves to sit in the seat you had just vacated.
"Will. Behave like an adult."
"I wouldn't know how." He says casually, staring out the window. "Look at the starts. Beautiful night, right? Almost as beautiful as you." He gives you a wink.
"So you have the indecency to flirt incessantly with me but not to answer a simple question?"
"No. I would be more than willing to answer a simple question, such as: "How's the weather today, Will?" to which I would then respond: "The air is crisp and cool. The sky is cloudless and the stars shine like your eyes." You, however, ask exceedingly complex questions, and therefore I shall not answer them."
"Will."
"Yes?"
You shake your head and turn to look out the window.
"Have you ever considered..." Will begins, but trails off.
"Considered what, Will?"
"Jumping off that bridge over there." He points across the river.
"My God, William, you're either more suicidal or more stupid than any of us had thought."
"Perhaps both."
"Suicidal and stupid don't make for a safe combination."
"Exactly." He gives a grin.
"Why are you like this, Will? You would be so much happier if you would let people love you, and love them in return."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because everybody who loves me dies."
"That's preposterous, and you know it."
"No it isn't. My sister died because of me. I refuse to allow it to happen to anybody else."
"We still love you, William."
"What?"
"What? Did you think you've been living unloved this whole time?"
"No. I knew Jem loved me."
"You thought you let him love you because he's dying anyways." You observe.
"Yes."
"We all love you."
"No you don't. You're all alive."
"You mean to tell me Charlotte doesn't love you? Henry? Sophie? Jessamine? Magnus? Tessa?"
"I notice you aren't on that list." He sounds calm, but he looks flustered at the conversation topic.
"I'm very much on the list. I adore you."
"You adore me! Ahh, let it be announced to the world! Y/N adores me!" He cups his hands around his mouth and shouts out the window.
You grab the back of his coat and yank him inside with a disapproving look.
He looks out the window, satisfied with his shenanigans.
"Will, just let us love you, and you could be happier."
"On the contrary, my dear. I could not be happy. You see, I have never been happy, and nor shall I ever be."
"You can be, Will."
"And why do you care?" He asks as the carriage comes to a stop outside of a mansion.
"Because I love you."
"So, if I were to kiss you into oblivion, you wouldn't even endeavor to strike me with your parasol?"
"I would. Solely because we're in Magnus Bane's front yard and we're to attend his party. Perhaps, though, you can give me a goodnight kiss upon our return."
He blinks. "Wait, what?"
You laugh and exit the carriage.
"Well, if you insist. Personally, I don't think Magnus would mind--Are those ducks?!" Will yells, pointing. "Did Magnus Bane have his shrubbery carved into ducks solely to prevent me from entering his home?!"
You follow his accusing finger to see that the shrubbery was, indeed, shaped like ducks. "Come on, Will. We must go inside."
"I refuse. I shall not. I shall wait in the carriage." He turns to walk away.
"Will. I'm not walking in there by myself. You can't abandon a damsel in distress." You reach out to grab his hand.
"Oh, but you see, I can."
"That wouldn't make for the romantic ride home towards the passionate embrace."
"I refuse to walk past those beasts."
"They're not even ducks, Will. They're ducklings."
"Evil."
"Don't be a sissy."
"I am not a sissy!" He says defensively.
"Then take my arm and walk me inside."
"You're cruel."
"I'm bettering you."
"That's what Jem said when he told me to stop making crude jokes--"
You stand on your tiptoes and kiss him deeply.
"Okay." He says.
You grab his hand and run up the stairs to the front door.
"William!" The door flies open, revealing a sparkling Magnus Bane. "Y/N! I'm glad you made it! And? How was your trip up my stairs?"
"Horrid." Will glares.
"But I do believe I've succeeded in making yet another perfect match, have I not? I have several spare bedrooms if you need them for your way out--"
"Magnus!" You interrupt.
"Right, right. Sincerest apologies, Madame Abstinence. But see, William, now you've faced your fear!"
Will gestures you to walk in first, probably afraid of more ducks. He glares at Magnus.
You walk in to see a roomful of Downworlders.
Will opens his mouth, and you elbow him. "William, don't you dare sing that song."
"You are such a wet blanket! But I want you to love me." He grabs your hand and spins you to face him. "I want you to love me. I need you to love--" He begins vehemently.
You kiss him.
"Me." He finishes quietly.
"I do love you, Will."
"I've loved you for so long..." He moves forward, but you take a step back. "Love so long unrequited is a painful feeling, but it seems that love requited is equally as painful."
"There's no winning. What do you choose?"
"I choose to declare it to the world."
"Will--" You begin quickly.
He's already jumped up on a table. "Attention! Attention, Vampires, Werewolves, Warlocks, Fey, and whatever else is here! Attention, please! Attention!"
He yells for attention until the party guests quiet down. "I would like to announce that--" His lips are still moving, but no sound comes out.
You shoot Magnus a grateful look, and he nods before starting to speak. "Shadowhunters, am I right?" He asks, earning laughter. "When he finishes, just clap as though it had been yours truly up there."
Everybody watches Will strut around the table, and you know that his proclamation of love has turned into a song about Demon Pox.
"You don't have to stay." Magnus says.
"Of course we do."
"I understand what it's like to have uncontrollable children."
You laugh and hug him, taking him by surprise.
Will takes a bow, and you and Magnus begin the clapping. Everybody joins in.
Will flips off the table and bows to you and Magnus.
"That was wonderful, William." Magnus says.
"Thank you, thank you. I know."
"Let's go home, Will." You say.
"But we just got here."
"Let's go."
"I'm only agreeing because I get to kiss you now."
"Yes, I know."
"Good, then let's go."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
@horselover0594