Dean Winchester x Reader (Part I)

You see a new freshman at school Friday and go over to him. "Hi, I'm Y/N." You smile, holding out your hand to shake.
He shakes your hand. "I'm Sam."
"Nice to meet you. You're new here, right?"
He nods.
An older guy, about your age, walks by and claps Sam's shoulder. "Hey, Sammy. Okay?"
"Yeah, Dean." He smiles up at the guy like he's his hero.
Dean casts a questioning look over his shoulder and back pedals. "Hey, I'm Dean. I don't believe we've met." He holds out his hand.
"Y/N. Pleasure to meet you." You shake his hand.
"Oh, no. The pleasure's all mine." He winks.
You pull your hand back and tighten your arms around your books. "Yes, well. Let me know if you need anything, Sam. See y'all around." You smile and leave.

That evening, you're sitting in the park with none other than Dean Winchester. If you had known he was there, you wouldn't have come. But you hadn't know, and there you both are, watching the sunset from a park bench.
You had jokingly said that you'd kiss him if he watched it with you, expecting him to be too 'cool' to do it, but he was still there.
"That desperate?" You ask.
"You know it." He grins.
It's dusk by the time he stands up. "You should get home. Can I walk you?"
"Sure." You agree.
"You aren't gonna make me kiss you?" You ask questioningly as you walk.
"No. Doesn't seem like you want to."
"You and your brother are close, huh?" You ask in an obvious attempt to change the subject.
"Yeah." He agrees. "Why?"
"He looks at you like you're the best thing in the world." You smile.
He shrugs. "My dad's kind of a dead-beat, so I practically raise him."
"What about your mother?"
"Dead."
"Oh, I'm sorry--"
"It's okay. It was a long time ago." He drops his arm around your shoulder.
When you get to your house, you see your mom isn't home. You aren't naïve, by any means. You are, for the most part, what some call 'innocent,' but that doesn't stop you from kissing Dean and on your front porch and inviting him inside.
"Doubt your parents'd like that." He says.
"She's not home."
"Well, in that case." He smiles and follows you inside.

You aren't 'innocent' anymore.
A while later, you lay in your bed wrapped in the arms of a guy you just met.
"You don't have a boyfriend who's gonna kick my ass, do you?" Dean asks.
"No." You laugh a bit.
"People at school told me you're innocent." He says.
"Well."
"You aren't close to anyone, are you?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"So that I don't get hurt."
"Yeah." He agrees. "So, um, why did you..."
"I don't know." I said.
"Probably could've picked someone better." He says quietly.
You shrug.
"We move around a lot." He says. "I don't know how long I'll be here."
"That's all right. We used to move around a lot too, but then my dad died, and my mom just... stopped."
He nods. "We started when Mom died."
"I liked moving better." You say.
"I liked staying better."
"Because deep inside you're actually a softy who wants love and affection?" You joke.
"Yeah, you pretty much just hit the nail on the head." He says seriously, his thumb rubbing your shoulder blade.
"What does your dad do? I mean, why does he move y'all around?"
"If I tell you the truth, you'll think I'm crazy."
"I've seen crazy. It takes a lot to throw me off."
"We hunt monsters." He says.
"You're kidding." You sit up and turn to look at him.
"I wish."
"That's great."
"Why? You need a monster killed?" He cracks a smile.
"Not unless you can kill the ones in your head." You smile. "But are you being for real or...?"
"Yeah, I'm for real. Why?"
"You're a Hunter?"
He sits up. "Yeah. How...?"
"We were too."
"You got out?"
"I guess so, yeah."
"How?"
I shrugged. "I dunno. It was weird. But, you know."
"What were your parents like? When you were Hunting?"
"Dad was kind of mean. Mom was kind of cold. Yours?"
"Mom was great. She wasn't a Hunter. Dad's an asshole. He got worse when Mom died."
"I'm sorry."
"You liked Hunting better?"
You nod. "Much."
"You could, you know, come with us, if you want. Dad'd barely notice." He smiles.
"Why don't you stop, if you don't like it?"
"I have to. Or he'll make Sammy do it, and I couldn't let that happen."
You nod and smile.
He kisses you. "Well, what do you say?"

When you leave, you leave a note for your mother:
Hey, Mom. I'm sorry, but I had to go. If you notice I'm gone and actually find this, don't come looking for me, please.
Love,
Y/N