Jace Herondale x Reader

You hear your bedroom window open and sit up in bed, reaching for your knife.
"It's me." A familiar voice says when he hears the metal scraping its sheath.
"Jace? What are you doing here?"
"I came to see you." He whispers, coming and sitting on the edge of your bed.
"Why?"
"Because I missed you." He puts his hand on your cheek and kisses you.
"Don't set my bed on fire." You whisper.
"Really, Y/N?" He stops kissing you.
"You burned a brick wall, Jace. If you set my bed on fire, my mom'll kill us both."
"Let's go outside, then."
"What's your problem, Jace?"
"I want to kiss my girlfriend. Is that wrong?" He asks.
"You aren't allowed to kiss your girlfriend or you could, you know, spontaneously combust."
"I'll risk it. Just tell me if you get too hot." He kisses you again, deeply.
You kiss him back for a while, and he pushes you back onto the bed, your hand on the back of his neck.
You jerk your hand away, shaking it out.
"Did I hurt you?" He jerks away.
"No. Sorry." You pull him back to you, not willing to be done kissing him yet.
You feel your arm burning and open your eyes to see your sheets on fire. "Damn it, Jace!" You say, swatting at it.
"Sorry. I'm sorry." He stares at his hand, sitting up.
You reach over and put your hand on his knee with a sigh. "Jace..."
"I know."
"Come on, lay down." You scoot over in bed.
"No. I have to go." He stands up.
You pull him back down. "Lay down." You repeat.
He lays down beside you, and you put your head on his chest, feeling his thumb moving back and forth on your arm.
"Jace, baby, you're getting warm." You say.
"Damn it." He sighs, pulling away from you and standing up.
You watch him pace. "We'll fix this." You say after a while.
"I just want to be able to be with you and not burn down a damn house."
"We'll fix it." You repeat. "Come sit down."
"I'm glowing, Y/N. I can't. I have to go. Will you open the window?"
You get up and open the window, and he jumps out with minimal contact. You decide to follow as he's walking away.
"Jace!" You say.
He turns around with a sigh. "What?"
You walk up and stand in front of him, leaving plenty of distance. "I--"
"Don't say you love me. I can't hear that right now." He isn't glowing anymore.
You nod. "Goodnight." You say softly.
"Goodnight."
"Jace?"
"What?"
"Just a kiss on the cheek?"
He smiles a bit. "I guess so."
You step forward and kiss him on the cheek, burning your lips. "Goodnight." You repeat and turn around.
"I love you." You hear him say as you walk away.