Tony Stark x Reader

You're sitting with the rest of the Avengers, listening to them all argue about the Sokovian Accords.
"Guys--" You begin.
"Sorry, did you just agree with me?" Tony was asking Natasha.
"Oh, I regret it." She says. "I want to take it back so bad."
"Nope. No takesies backsies." Tony says.
"Guys." You repeat louder.
They all turn to look at you.
"This is insane. Are we really doing this?"
"No." Steve says. "We aren't."
Tony looks at you, betrayed.
"Not that. I meant arguing about it. Can we not just sign it for show and make some changes later?"
"We have to be put in check, babe." Tony say. "If we know no boundaries--"
"If we have boundaries, honey, we aren't in total control."
"Yes, love, that's the point. We shouldn't have all of this freedom. We kill innocent people--"
"I know, sweetheart. But it's... For the greater good." Not to quote Gellert Grindlewald or anything.
"Are you guys having problems?" Natasha looks back and forth between you.
"We weren't, until he brought the freaking Secretary--"
"What was I supposed to do? Tell him no?"
"I've got to go." Steve stands up and walks out.
Everybody disperses, leaving you and Tony alone. He looks over at you and sighs. "Y/N..."
"I'm not angry with you. I'm just not happy with everybody at odds."
"Me either." He doesn't move.
"Tony, baby." You say softly.
He comes forward and wraps his arms around you, kissing your head. "I love you." He says. "I'm sorry."
"I love you too."

You walk in a room at some government facility a few days later.
"--and it's hurting my wife, and we're going to fix this." Tony was telling Steve.
You walk back out, irritated for no reason and sit with T'challa. He looks up from his phone. "Hello." He says in his accent.
"Hey." You say. "How are you?"
"I'm all right. How are you?"
"I'm okay."
Steve comes out of the room he and Tony were in. "Hey, Y/N. I'm not signing."
"I know, Steve."
"You don't have to just because Tony does. You can--"
"I know, Steve. I can make my own decisions. My decision is to sign."
"You were arguing with him earlier."
"I know, but I'm going to back him."
You wonder where Bruce is, wishing you could join him.
You just kind of watch the fighting at the airport. You have no desire to hurt anybody. Helping both sides is kind of perhaps not the brightest idea, but what else are you supposed to do?
You, for one, do not want to fight Bucky Barnes. They can keep that to themselves.
You can't believe Tony would involve a child in this. If he thinks Star Wars is old, how old could he possibly be?
You are so angry.
Hence why you help Bucky and Steve get away.  It's in a much more inconspicuous way than Nat did, so Tony doesn't notice to be pissed. He later tattles on Nat like a four year old.
"Are you an idiot, Tony? Why would you do that?" You sigh.
"Because I had to." He says. "It's the dang law, Y/N."
"I helped them too. Are you going to turn me in?"
He just looks at you. You look back. "I never wanted this." He finally says. "I tried so hard. I--"
"I know, Tony."
You go with Tony to talk to everybody. You walk into the room they're keeping Sam, Clint, Wanda and some other guy in, not expecting what you saw.
Irritated with Clint's rude sarcasm, you go to Wanda's cell. "Wanda..."
She looks up, her arms strapped to her chest. "He locked me in my room, and now in a freaking prison cell." She says.
"He was trying to protect you. Don't worry, we'll get you out somehow."
"Y/N. Come on, let's go." Tony says suddenly.
"What? Where?" You turn to him, not moving.
"To Steve and Bucky."
"Why?" You narrow your eyes skeptically.
"It's all right, let's go."
You look to Sam, and he gives a nod, so you follow Tony out.
The two of you fly to God knows where. It's snowing, and cold. You walk through an open door behind Tony.
Tony--Iron Man--opens up a door to reveal Steve and Bucky on a staircase, Bucky with a big gun, and Steve with his shield raised. Steve takes a few steps forward.
"You can put the gun down. I come in peace." Tony holds up the Spock fingers, and Bucky doesn't move.
"I was wrong." Tony tells Steve.
"That'd be a first." Steve gestures for Bucky to put the gun down.
You follow them, your guns looking very small compared to Bucky's.
"If it's any consolation, they died in their sleep." An accented voice said from who knows where.
You stop paying attention to what they're saying and look at the bodies. You don't pay attention to the anybody until Tony shouts. "I know this road. What is this?"
You glance from where the fake psychologist is to Bucky, then go and stand with Steve and Tony, watching a screen. Your gaze flickers to your boyfriend for a moment before going back to the screen.
Iron Man's hand clenches painfully around yours as you watch James Buchanan Barnes kill Howard and Maria Stark. You and Steve both stop Tony as he starts towards Bucky. Tony looks at your tearstained face with wet eyes, and then turns to Steve. "Did you know?" He asks quietly.
"I didn't know it was him--" Steve begins.
"Did you know?" Tony repeats.
"Yes." Steve admits, and Tony literally takes a step back.
"Tony." You say, and he turns to you, the broken, betrayed look in his eyes breaking your heart.
"Did you know?" His voice cracks, and he clears his throat. "Did you know, Y/N?"
You shake your head. "No, but you've got to remember, Bucky was--"
"Do you remember them?" Tony asked Bucky.
"I remember them all." Bucky says softly.
Tony starts forward, angry, but you putting your hand on his chest is all it takes to stop him. "Tony, he was brainwashed. You know how in Harry Potter, werewolves remember everything from when they're transformed, but they can't control what they do?" You ask, knowing he really could care less about your beautiful analogy.
"He killed my mother." Tony whispers.
"I know, baby, but he couldn't help it."
His suit opens up and Tony stumbles out, clutching onto you.
"Oh, fuck." The fake psychologist says.
"Steve, can you--" You begin.
"On it." Steve gives a curt nod, motions to Bucky, and they leave you and Tony alone.
"Tony, honey--"
"How could he?" Tony lets you go, looking forlorn.
"He thought he was doing the right thing." You say gently, reaching up and brushing your fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry, baby."
"I hate him." He clenches his fists, turning to go back to his suit, getting inside.
"Where are you going?"
"To kill him."
You sigh, pulling out a gun. "No, Tony."
You see his shocked expression as his helmet covers his face. "Excuse me?" He asks.
"I can't let you kill Bucky."
"Why not?"
"Because that's murder, Tony."
"He's a murderer, Y/N." His voice is shaking, even through the suit.
"No he isn't. He's a victim too, Tony. Let's just go home, okay?"
"You won't shoot me." He takes a step forward.
You raise your gun, your finger on the trigger. "Yes I would. Let's go home, Tony."
"I think I should be offended by the fact that you would shoot me."
"Only if you're in your suit." You smile a bit. "Let's go home, Tony." You repeat.
"All right." He agrees, holding out his hand. "Let's go."
"Thank you." You take his hand.
"Hey, honey?" He says as you're flying away in his arms, admittedly very, very cold.
"Yeah?"
His mask retracts and he kisses you. "I love you."