Harry Potter x Reader

You see Harry talking to Neville during the Battle of Hogwarts and run over. "Harry--"
"I have to go." He interrupts. "I'm sorry, Y/N, but I have to go. Please don't make me wait. I have to go."
You don't say anything.
"Okay, Neville?" He asks.
Neville nods. "I'll do it."
Harry runs off, but you follow. "Harry Potter!" You shout.
He turns around, sighing. "I have to go." He says quietly.
"Where are you going?"
"That... not important. I just have--"
"No. Explain, Harry. We're fighting for you. The least you can do is offer explanations."
"I'm a Horcrux. If we want to defeat Voldemort..." He says.
You swallow hard, trying to figure it out. "You have to die." You finish for him.
"Yes." He kisses your cheek, like he always does.
You pull him down and kiss him on the mouth. "I love you, Harry."
"I love you too." He says, then breaks from your hold and walks away.
You don't cry until he's out of sight.

You're standing in front of Hogwarts with everybody else, dries tears staining your face.
Hagrid is forced forward by Voldemort, a small body in his arms. He's sobbing.
"Harry!" You scream, starting forward.
George Weasley reaches out and grabs you. You struggle, so he pulls you back and bear hugs you, refusing to let you go. You start crying again. Harry Potter is dead, and George Weasley, who just lost his twin, is more composed than you are. You stop struggling, but he doesn't let you go. You turn and cry into his shoulder.
"Turn around." He says after a moment. "Y/N, turn around."
"Expelliarmus!" You hear a familiar voice say, and your turn around.
"He isn't dead." You sigh to yourself, relieved. You weren't about to question it.
You watch with everybody else as the Dark Lord's body falls to the ground with a thump.

You stand with Harry by the forest later that day--early the next morning, more like. Neither of you speak for a long time. Your fingers twist your mother's ring on your finger.
"I'm sorry." He says finally.
"For what?"
"Everything. Your parents..."
"It isn't your fault." Tears prick your eyes.
"Yes it is. It all is. Don't deny it."
"I will deny it. It isn't your fault. Everybody had their choice. My parents chose. Remus chose. They all chose. It wasn't your fault."
"But now..."
"Now they're dead. It's a fact of life. It isn't your fault."
"How are you okay?" He meets your eyes for the first time that day.
"You're alive."
"I don't want to be. I understand if you're angry. You have--"
"I'm not angry, Harry. Come here." You step forward and hug him. "I'm sorry you have all of this on you. It isn't fair."
"Better me than anybody else."
"I'd rather it be someone else." You say softly.
He drops his head onto your shoulder. "It's too much." He whispers. "I wouldn't wish it upon anybody."
"I love you, Harry." You close your eyes.
"I love you too."