#33 Late Night Talks

Ross: You lie in your bed wide awake. You hadn't been able to sleep in a long time, you honestly thought that you were developing insomnia or something but you hadn't brought it to Ross's attention. You lie still for a while until,"I swear I feel like I just take naps throughout the night", you jumped slightly and then realized who it was. "Same, except I don't sleep at all." You both sat facing what was in front of you and just stared. Ross then put his arm around your shoulder casually. "That bites", he replied,"Do you know why? Because I don't know what's wrong with me." You shrugged your shoulders while staring off at nothing. "All I know is all of this is becoming  a lot for me." He looked over at you for the first time,"What do you mean? It's always been this way." You shrugged again,"I guess it's just finally coming to my attention as everything is starting to come to play at a slower pace than usual, and I've been thinking about it." He stayed silent for a good minute,"I feel the same way, but I think it's just-IT'S STRESS!" You gasped,"I think you're right." He nodded and smirked,"When have I ever been wrong?" "Right now, you're wrong 99.9% of the time babe." He laughed,"You're lucky I love you."

Ryland: You were woken up from a nightmare by a clap of thunder. You were grateful, but also hated storms so it was kind of a win-lose situation for you. You turned to try and hug Ryland but he wasn't there. You didn't panic, you just got up and walked down stairs to get something to drink. You saw Ryland already down there digging through your fridge. "Why're you up", he half yawned, half asked. "Nightmare, how about you", you yawned back (yawns are contagious) and sat down at your dinner table. "The storm woke me up, and I couldn't go back to sleep", he finally got something out of the fridge and sat down across from you at the table. He slid a can of Coke down to you. You both opened them and took long sips. "It's been raining for almost a week, and we still haven't adjusted to it", you said making conversation. "Do you realize that we are having a conversation about the weather (Y/N)?" You chuckled and took another sip,"What's wrong with that?" "It's not like we were ditched at a party and just met", he said while fiddling with the can. "Well then what do you want to talk about?" "Let's just talk", he said. You both sat silent for a bit,"So how's life", you joked. He got up, grabbed your hand, and lead you up the stairs,"Let's just go to bed", you then broke into fits of laughter totally forgetting about the topic of your conversation, the weather.

Riker: You walked up the stairs to your room, you had gotten off of work at almost 3am because you were trying to finish a scene from your movie. I opened the door to your room and found Riker sitting on the bed with his glasses, sipping hot chocolate and reading a book. You quickly put on your pajamas and out of exhaustion, through yourself on your bed. He jumped up at the impact and smiled at you. He gave you a quick peck on the cheek and continued his book. You read over his shoulder for a bit and took sips out of his hot chocolate, until he closed the book and through his arm over your shoulder. "How was work", he asked while playing with your neatly polished hands. "Same as always, except 6 hours longer than usual." "Wanna talk about it", he could always read you like a book. "It's just stressful, but that's life. Ya know?" "Oh yeah", he said in agreement. "On the other side of town, how was your day?" He chuckled at your choice in expressions,"Same as always, we're thinking about going a mini-tour type of thing to promote the new album", he yawned. "Quick question", you said. "Shoot", he replied. "Why are you up so late?" "Because I was waiting for you." You smiled,"That's sweet", you said. You went to give him a quick peck on the lips, but his glasses somehow fell off his face. He picked them up and cleaned them and proceeded. "You're adorkable", you giggled.

Rocky: You were awoken by a very loud yell of frustration. You sat up and looked next to you, he was gone. You got up, not bothering to put your robe over your tank top and shorts. You knocked on the door of your basement,"It's open", you heard the familiar voice said with a bit of stress. He continued to look down at the notebook in front of him, and pressing his fingers lightly over the strings of his guitar. You sat behind him and tied your arms around his waist while placing your head on his shoulder. "You okay?" "Yeah, just trying to finish the bridge, but I'm confusing myself", he said while jotting something on a piece of paper. He was writing so hard he broke the pencil lead. He yelled again and put his head in his hands. You got up and grabbed the pencil, you went to sharpen it and came back. He stared at you as you returned with the pencil. "You're perfect", he smirked. "I just gave you a pencil", you smirked back. "It's not that, it's the way you do things, without thinking you just do unasked favors. You're an amazing person." You smiled against his back. He then looked back down at the paper and let out a huff. You got up and grabbed the can of Dr. Pepper that was in front of him as well. "You can have some", he said sarcastically. "Thanks Rock", you joked as he rolled his eyes and took a sip as well. He sighed again, and then you did another unasked favor. You grabbed the notebook and sat on the couch across from him and read it. "It's great Rock", you said while grabbing the pencil again, you jotted something down. You showed him, "Sing it for me?" "Sure", you said sweetly. 

When you're dreaming of a mended heart,

I know that waking up is the hardest part,

(I made that up, idk. lol)

He looked up at you and ran over to you and hugged you. "Oh my gosh, you're a fucking life saver!" You smiled. "I told you, you're an amazing person." "I'm about to get even more amazing." "What does that mean? Why?" "Don't give me credit, I don't need money, I'm just happy that you're not stressed anymore", you pecked his lips. "I don't tell you 'I love you' as much as I should babe. I couldn't ask for a better person to be apart of my life."

I'm too lazy to write a Ellington one. But hey, it's midnight so it's Thanksgiving here! Um...yay! I also just realized that it's almost my 1 year anniversary of being here on Wattpad. Cool!