#68 Superficial Love (S.P.)

Rocky: 

You're really cute, I must admit. 

But I need something deeper than this     

You finished getting your jeans on and sat on the foot of Rocky's bed while he only sat with the comforter over his bottom half and shirtless. You looked over and smiled at him while he just tapped away on his phone. You looked down sadly and decided to say something, "Don't you want something more than this?" "More than what", he asked without looking up at you. You let out a dry chuckle, "Than just being fuck buddies that's what!" "What this isn't enough?" You were starting to feel sad, angry, and annoyed, "I'm not a toy Rocky! I get that this is enjoyable to you and stuff but I'm gonna be honest, I slowly started falling in love with you", you began with passion. He looked up and his face just softened. "But I need something more than this", you said while looking him dead in the eye this time, "I don't wanna be a toy, fuck buddy, anything like that! I want to be something to someone, something other than an object", and the next words that you said took a lot of will power to say, but you had to do what was best for you, "And if you don't want that, then I'm out." He looked up and looked at your pleadingly, "C'mon, you can't do this. After everything we've done together." "All we've ever done together was have sex, trust me, I don't think I'd be missing out", you crossed your arms with attitude. He stayed silent and just stared at you. "What's it gonna be Rocky?" He just continued to stare, processing everything. You let out a another dry chuckle, "I got my answer", I stood up, grabbed my bag, and walked out with a slam of the door. I looked through his window when I got outside and saw him throwing things around and leaning against the wall, with his face in his hands.

Ryland:

  'Cause I don't want it if it's fake  

  I don't want it if it's just for show 

Ryland had his arm around your waist with a smile on his face as you walked off of the red carpet together. You were about to reach the party area where most of his friends were when he let go of you and walked off like you weren't even there. "Ryland", you yelled at him, "Where are you going?" "To go hang out with people, kind of what a party is", he  gave you a fake smile as he met up with his guy friends. You stood awkwardly in the corner while he got along with everyone. All the couples began dancing together and he came over to you, "Come on", he held his hand out toward you. You rolled your eyes, crossed your arms, and turned away from him. "What the fuck Y/N", he whisper shouted while getting closer to you. "I don't want to dance because you want to look good in front of all of your friends", I yelled at him.  He glared at me, "Let's dance!" I grabbed his shoulder and faced him to me, "Ryland! What do you want from this relationship?" "What's that supposed to me--" I tightened my grip on him, "Answer the fucking question!" He looked down, "Y/N." I nodded with a dry chuckle, "What you want is to not be the only single one in your friend group. There dating famous people, so you're doing the same. Every time we're with your friends, you want to be the best boyfriend ever and when we're not you act like you don't even know me. You do that in front of paparazzi, award shows, any social events where there are people you know, cameras, whenever someone else can see", you realized that last part which really opened you eyes, "Our 'relationship' is just for show", you put air quotes around relationship. He looked away from you, "Y/N no it--", he looked around to see if anyone was watching. "It is exactly what I said. Just for show. And you know what I want? I want actual love Ryland. So bye", you turned around walked out of there.

Riker: 

  I wanna know when you're looking at me

That you see deep into my personality  

You all crowded around the couches of the band house, today was game night. Rydel and Ellington were choosing the game tonight and they chose 'How Well Do You Know Your S.O.'. "Alright, first question is for Riker and Y/N. What is one of Y/N's deepest interests", she asked. Everyone smiled while staring at us. Riker looked confused and finally said, "Baking?" You looked down and tried to shake it off. "What is it Y/N", Rydel asked for the answer to the question. "It's not baking, that's for sure." Riker looked down and felt bad but just shrugged it off. The next few rounds were the same thing and you were honestly embarrassed. "Riker, babe can we talk for a sec", you asked him. He nodded and stood up, you went to his room and sat on his bed. He sat next to you and waited for you to speak. "Do you like me", you asked him. "Y/N, you're my queen. We've been together since I left Colorado, it's always been that way", he told me while attempting to grab my hand. I pulled it away, "We've known each other forever and yet, you don't really know me at all", you crossed your arms. "What the fuck does that mean", he asked with shock like it was no secret. "Riker when you look at me do you see me as just a pretty face or do you actually say you love me, know me, and have gotten to know me as a person rather than just someone to kiss, hug, and show everyone you have", I wasn't holding back. "Y/N, that doesn't matter", he told me. "I get that doesn't mean much to you but we should at least know how many siblings we each have", you referred to a question you got earlier and he failed miserably. "But--" "But this isn't actually love Riker. This is just two people who kiss, fuck, hug, and that's it. This is almost a hook up!" "No it's not", he argued. "You know what? Think about that while I'm gone finding someone else", you broke up with him. You really did.

Ross: 

Fun at first, I won't deny

But I want more than just what meets the eye

"I'll see you tomorrow", Ross waved you off as you got our of the limo. Earlier you had heard all of the other girls talking about how their boyfriend buys them gifts, spends time with them, they don't just take them to place so paparazzi can snap a pic. It had been eating at you all night so you just turned around and opened the limo door. "Yes", Ross asked like it was a question. "Are we only together so paparazzi can get off you tail about you being single", you just spat out the question. He looked up nervously and just shook his head quickly, "N-no." "Well I just kind of had a feeling because we only hang out when cameras are around and your family gets curious", I inferred. "Y/N just drop it", he yelled. "Why should I", you yelled back. "Because you're annoying as fuck right now", he shouted at you. You backed away a couple of steps and spoke calmly, "I'll admit, this was fun in the beginning. Getting to walk red carpets, go to movie premieres, meet your awesome family and friends but I want more than just what people see. I want us to actually care for each other. I care about you, but I'm not sure about you", you explained. "Why do you suddenly care whether or not this is just for publicity or not", he asked. "What", you hadn't even thought of that you felt your face get hot and a tear fall down your face. "Fine then. I guess I'll just leave", you turned around and began walking, "Oh and Ross?" He looked up at you sadly. "Don't bother picking me up for the Couple's Ball tonight. You can go by yourself", you slammed the car door and walked up to your door, leaving that asshole behind. Closing that chapter of your life.

~~~

I COULD REALLY USE A WISH RIGHT NOW, WISH RIGHT NOW, WISH RIGHT NOOOWWW!!!

Do you guys like the song Superficial Love by Ruth B? It's reallllllly good!