#90 Sweet Creature

#90 Sweet Creature (S.P.)

Rocky

Had another talk about where it's going wrong  

"Hey", you sent a small smile to the tall brunette that just walked into your apartment. "Hi", he smiled while walking into the kitchen. If a stranger saw this scene they wouldn't believe you were a couple, roommates at most. "What's going on with us", you asked suddenly. He closed the refrigerator with a soda in his hand and took a sip from it with a shrug, "I don't understand your question." "Don't play dumb", you argued, "What's wrong with us? Is our spark gone, was it ever there?" He looked at you with wide eyes, "Sure it's always been there, I haven't noticed anything different." He knew damn well that things had changed, he didn't want to admit it though. "Rocky I know that you think the same things as me. Late at night when we're lying next to each other in bed, as far from each other as possible, you wonder why we do that. When you see other couples being all lovey dovey you wonder why we don't do that anymore", you spoke softly. "I know babe", he walked closer to you, "I just want to fix it", he finished before walking toward your bedroom, "I have to go work on some lyrics." You didn't know that, but it was code for I have to go question my life choices.

Ryland

When I run out of rope, you bring me home  

The air was cooler, the tension was higher, life was different without Ryland. Why did he have to walk out of everyone's life? Were you all not enough for him? You walked through the cool city that you once enjoyed being in. And like most days you were wondering where everything went wrong. You looked up from the pavement and saw a familiar face leaning against a brick wall. Your eyes went wide before your legs guided you to the brunette. "Hey", you grabbed his arm. He turned and looked down at your face, worn from crying but still as beautiful as ever, "Y/N", he pulled you into a hug. You hadn't seen your best friend in months and this was how you were greeting each other: like you hadn't seen each other in two days. "Ry", you held back your tears, "What happened? Why haven't you come home?" He thought about arguing and justifying his wrong doings but the look on your face was one of emptiness, "I'm sorry Y/N. I-I just...didn't know where to go or what to do and..." "Please, think about--" "Then let's go", he grabbed your hand.

Ross

I know, it's hard when we argue
We're both stubborn  

Tonight was another, what you sarcastically called, an amazing night. The appetizer was a smart remark from Ross, the main course was small comments back and forth, and for dessert an argument. "Ross I swear you argue for no reason", you shook your head with frustration before pinching the bridge of your nose with your fingers. "Are you calling me petty", he asked with defensiveness. "I know you won't swallow your pride for one second, but I think that you should really have a chat with yourself about how stubborn and annoying you can be. It's like you want to start fights", you threw your hands up in exasperation. His face softened at your words, "I-I'm sorry..." You nodded your head and with a shrug, "Uh-huh." "Y/N don't be stubborn, I'm sorry", he whined. "Whenever you're ready to be a fucking man, I'll consider your apologies", you wiped a tear while getting up. Leaving a broken Ross who still hadn't swallowed his pride.

Riker 

We're running through the garden
Where nothing bothered us  

Riker sat on his couch with a tin of photographs in front of him. He smiled as he went through the ones with his family, friends, the good times. He finally picked up a Polaroid marked with a single heart that was in the easily recognizable handwriting that he knew as your own. He gave the photo a small smile as it was a picture of the both of you laughing in a meadow you had found in Northern California. Your hands were in his as you both cracked up. He smiled at the sight of your beautiful smile. He ran his hand over the surface as he silently relived the moment. "Rik, I like how this place is quiet. We come here with our family and friends and all of our stresses disappear", you smiled as you held your hands in his. "That's the exact reason why I love this place so much. Nothing bothers me here, everything and everyone is beautiful on the inside and out", he tickled your sides. "Stop being so cheesy", you giggled. "What about mac 'n cheese", a voice that belonged to Rocky asked as you both looked up. And for some reason, it was the stupidest thing ever, but you both ended in fits of laughter.

Ellington

Wherever I go, you bring me home  

The band had done extremely well since New Addicts and you were so happy for their new found popularity, recognition, and deserved success. You weren't so happy with the way your boyfriend began acting. He wasn't Jay Z so he needed to stop acting like it, he hadn't worked that hard yet. "And yeah, I just think that in order for us to keep up our success. We need to be able to make cuts and change who we are to fit what these people want", Ellington explained. To him it was an innocent conversation, to you it was a terrible thing to say. "Ell, can I talk to you for a sec", you grabbed his arm as he excused himself from the group of people. "Huh", he asked. "Don't tell people that you're changing yourself to be what others want you to be. That's terrible, that's not how you build your own brand. You have to be yourself, don't forget where you came from Ell", you told his smug and bored expression. His eyes went wide, "I've been acting like that?" "Yes, and it's fucking terrible", you lectured, "Don't change to fit the demands of others. That's not what you've taught your millions of fans." He looked down at the floor and scraped it with his shoes, "I'm sorry", he looked up, "I really am."