#70 Sign of the Times (S.P.)

A/N: This is very different from what I usually write, it's a bit more "depthy" on no subject in particular but it's kind of hard to explain so...

Rocky

"We never learn we've been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets, the bullets?"  

"Which way do I go", you yelled over to Rocky while holding the tiny capsule in your hand tightly. "Um....", he thought for a second. "Don't worry, we're definitely not running from our lives right now, take your time", you yelled back. "Sorry, sorry, go left", he yelled, "I'll go straight." "They'll catch you", you told him with sadness. "Don't worry about me baby girl", he reassured you as you felt your face grow hot against the cool breeze that was hitting your face. "But Rocky", a tear fell down your face. "I love you", he said as he sped up, "Go!" You sped up as well, but Rocky slowed down to distract them, once they were closer to him you took a sharp left turn and headed into an alley. You stopped and took your layers off, revealing a black bodycon dress. You scooped your wig off your head and threw it in a dumpster. You sniffled as more tears fell down your face at the thought of Rocky. You were about to head out of the alley with the tiny capsule in your boots when you heard several gunshots, then silence. You covered your mouth as you let out hysteric sobs, "Oh my gosh", you said to yourself. You had lost your partner in crime, literally. You loved Rocky. "Why the sad face baby girl", a voice said. You turned around and felt joy, thankfulness, and anger. You hit Rocky's chest hard and engulfed him in a hug. He was now in his tuxedo and had his hair in a man bun. "I thought I lost you, you idiot", you whispered into his ear while trying to gain your composure. "I'm fine, I told you not to worry", he lectured you. "I couldn't help it", you replied as he caressed your hair, "Rocky?" "Yeah, baby girl?" "Will we ever stop running? Will we ever stop doing this stuff?" He let out a sigh and pulled you away to look into your eyes, "I don't know. We never seem to learn, do we?" 

Ryland

"You can't bribe the door on your way to the sky
You look pretty good down here
But you ain't really good." 

"We need to get in there", you pointed to the door behind the large man standing in front of you. He shook his head, "I told you no already, you hear?" You nodded with a smirk, "You don't know who I am, do you?" He shook his head in response. "I'm DeAngelo's daughter", you said to him, waiting for him to react. "Oh", he went pale, "I'm so sorry. Go on right ahead, I'll be sure to pay my respects to your father. His death was a great loss in our community", he referred from the fast, crazy life of gangs, drugs, and violence. You nodded, "It's fine", before walking in. "You can't go in", he stopped Ryland. You turned around, "He's with me." "With all due respect to you and your father Y/N, I can't let him in." You let out a huff, "What's it gonna take to get him in here?" "I told you--" You had taken a couple hundreds out of your pocket and stuffed them into his mouth, "It's dirty money, but so is all the money that my family has ever owned", you referred to the ways you've earned it. Killing people, selling drugs, robbing others. "Go", he told Ryland like it was a secret. Ryland nodded and went through the door, grabbing your hand as he got to you. "You know, you can't bribe everyone", he said. "Who can't I bribe Ry", you asked as you scanned the room. "I don't know....how about when you die. You're going to heaven or hell. What if you can't get to heaven and God says no", he asks. Before you could answer he simply said, "You can't. You think you look good from a perspective, but he knows you're not." "Whatever Ry", you said even though it was now your subject of thought. 

Ross

"Remember, everything will be alright
We can meet again somewhere"

"Please someone", you pled to nobody as you sat in the secluded, dark room. You knew that working with gangs and things would eventually lead you to bad and terrible things, but you never imagined it happening so soon. You had worked out the plan perfectly, at least that's what you thought. They had been one step ahead of you and it was a first for you. All of a sudden, in the middle of your sobs, you heard several gunshots, shouts, and footsteps were now heading to the room you were in. You quickly looked for anything that could be used as a weapon, but it was no use. They had handcuffed you and you couldn't even get off of the bed without falling over. You put your hands over the foundation stick of the bed and brought yourself around to stand up. Just as you were steadily standing, the door was kicked down. You looked up and saw your "very flirtatious friend" Ross standing there. "You ready", he brought a key and uncuffed you. You nodded as he began walking you out of the building. You finally got to the car and he began walking away while the rest of the gang got in the car. "Where are you going", you yelled. "I'll be back soon babe", he smirked. "But when, you're my partner in crime." "Soon, you're gonna be fine", he walked closer to you and leant down to whisper something in your ear. The other guys from the gang stared at you two. Ross brought his gun up to the sky and shot it exactly five times, "Stop looking you idiots!" They all looked away with fear as you and Ross smirked. He leant down to your ear again, "We're gonna meet up somewhere, soon. You'll stay with me, we'll have it good." You looked up and smiled as you got into the car and drove off.

A/N: Riker's and Ellington's will be published later tonight.