Chapter 6

Thanks for your patience! Here's the next chapter. I'm not completely satisfied with it but I can't keep messing with it. Enjoy and let me know what you think. Your comments have been amazing and inspiring, thank you!

**Warning** Strong language. Maybe more so than I was expecting but it sets it up wonderfully for something later on. (hehe)

***

**| Gabriel's POV |**

We watched Trouble walk away, quickly disappearing in the crowded area because of how small she was. I wanted to follow her, to make sure she was all right but Marc wasn't for it.

"Why can't we just follow her?" I whined. "They'll fucking eat her alive there."

"Because she has a routine and she's used to it. That means she's been at it for a while now. She'll be fine," Marc said as he eyed a man who was staring at us. "I'm not so sure about us though."

"Fuck," I said, running my hand through my hair. This whole mission was a mess with no leads. No leads meant we had to go fishing and that was all we were doing right now, fishing.

"Luke," Marc said. "Walk around the camp, see what everyone is talking about. I'm sure with all the homeless going missing, it's a huge topic. Don't get noticed. I doubt everyone here is an upstanding citizen."

"Are any of them?" Luke asked his eyes trailing after a woman who sauntered up to a man and whispered into his ear. A moment later, they disappeared into a tent. His face scrunched up in disgust. "I can't believe this is where Cupcake lives."

"Only for two nights," the creepy old woman said, coming over with a sly grin as she looked us over.

I felt my fingers twitch wanting to fix her fucking nest of light brown hair and her clothes. That sweater needed to be burned, the ashes scattered to the four winds, and her skirts. Were they even skirts?

"She only comes here when I'm here," the old woman said. Gypsy. Yeah, her name is Gypsy. Was that even her real name?

"Where is she the rest of the time?" Marc asked, frowning.

She only shrugged, still staring at me. Her eyes were knowing and I wondered what it was she knew. She was freaking me the fuck out. She laughed, showing off missing one of her front teeth. It was the exact laugh you'd imagine would come from a crazy woman. She ducked into her tent, still laughing as the flaps of the tents closed.

Did she just fucking hear my thoughts?

We all shared looks.

"She's bat-shit crazy," I said and Marc only shook his head.

"Don't judge. Sang seems very comfortable with her so she can't be that bad," Marc said. "And you'll only piss Sang off. Again."

"I only gave what she dished out," I grumbled. Her friend made a dig at us so I returned the favor. I didn't mean to make Sang mad at me. I smiled. Sang was protective of those close to her.

"I'm going to go see if I can find some chocolate around here while I snoop," Luke said.

"Don't take food from strangers, Luke," Marc warned but Luke just smiled his sly smile and walked away, blending in with the crowd around him.

"Shit, he's going to find trouble and not the one I want either," I said.

I thought about Trouble and couldn't stop. She was gorgeous but shy. She seemed so unsure of herself in some aspects like talking with us, or anyone in general, but she was confident in her knowledge of living on the streets.