Chapter 73

**| Sang's POV |**

The rest of the day flew by quickly.

I spent some time doing a little of everything. I helped North and Brandon with food. I helped some more children learn how to use their tent jackets. I played around with the kids and then got yelled at Sean, who gave me a check over when I got a little dizzy. All my wounds were healing nicely. The wound from the bullet that grazed my arm didn't need to be covered anymore and the stitches in my side were still holding. I was surprised I hadn't pulled them yet considering I climbed a tree yesterday.

Then I went over and watched Nathan teach some more self-defense moves. I took note of what he did but Sean kept an eye on me so I couldn't try anything. And Marc was aware that I wasn't allowed to practice and kept me from joining too. Afterwards, I went over to where Corey and Mindy were diligently helping the nomads with their job or college searches.

Mindy was attentive, listening to the people she helped carefully and willing to answer any questions they had or help them find the answers. Corey mentioned she was a school councilor for one of the public high schools. I wondered how Ashley Waters would have been like if they had someone who cared like her. Or would the school had worn her out and sucked her personality away like it seemed to have done with most of the teachers there.

A familiar bundle of brown hair caught my attention and I walked over, settling down next to Ailee, surprised to see her there.

"You want to go to college?" I asked, staring at an application for a local community college.

"I never really thought about it," she said, pulling me into a hug, her eyes looking me over. "How are you doing, Ma moitié? I talked to that little piece of perfection and he filled me in on some things. Do you really have a creep stalking you? And your dad?"

I nodded. "Unfortunately," I said. "But they're letting me stay somewhere until they find the stalker. Did Owen talk to you about that?"

She grinned. "I'm going to go there after I finish here. I'll stay for a couple of days. Sounds like a dream vacation."

I laughed and shook my head. Only a nomad would consider being house bound as a vacation. The relief I felt knowing she was going to be taken cared of nearly brought tears to my eyes. Ever since Mac's death was resolved, I'd wanted to cry over everything little thing.

"Only for a couple of days?" I asked.

She smiled. "I doubt it'll take longer than that to hunt down your stalker and besides..." Ailee's cheeks turned pink as she trailed off and I straightened in the chair with interest.

"And?" I asked.

"And I've been kind of seeing someone," she whispered.

"What? Like dating."

She nodded. "I've been staying with him the last few days. He's really nice and you'd like him. And I swear he's a good person. He has a baby girl."

I frowned. "How did you meet him?" I asked.

Her expression grew distant and a goofy smile grew on her face. "I was walking around at a park and he was there playing with her. She threw the ball and wobbled as she chased it and tripped near where I was walking. He came running while I helped her back to her feet. Next thing I knew, I was playing with them."

"Does...does he know?" I asked softly.

Her eyes watered and she sniffed. She nodded slowly. "I told him the next day what I do...or did. He was shocked and grew all quiet. I swore it was fucking over with us. He would push me away. He didn't. He understood."