Chapter 112

Sorry, I didn't edit this. I don't have much patience for anything right now and I wanted to get something out for you to read. At least it's something! Enjoy!
***

**| Sang's POV |**

The moment the guards opened the door into the bedroom, I spotted Victor on the bed, head down, elbows on knees. I ran over to him, ignoring the click of the door, knowing they locked it.

"Victor," I whispered and his head whipped up, his brown eyes a little dull as they focused on me. When I reached him, I practically tackled him to the bed. I wrapped my arms around him, needing something. Anything. I just knew Victor would know and make it better. My body shook and I squeezed my eyes shut, just feeling him.

"Sang," he whispered, his lips right by my ear. "Are you okay? What happened?"

I just shook my head, not ready to pull away yet. I needed more time. Just feeling him was helping me, I felt safer. Not completely safe, but definitely safer.

"I can't," I said. "I just can't."

Victor's body stiffened underneath me. I shifted, resting my legs on either side of him.

"Did they hurt you? What did they do?" The hardness in his voice and the way his hands held me tightly to him had me pulling away.

"They didn't hurt me. They dropped me off a party..." I trailed off as my eyes focused on him. "You're hurt." I sat up quickly, Victor grunting from the movement. "I'm sorry, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Princess," he said as his eyes flickered over my body. I was still in the dress.

"You're not." I reached up to touch his face. Dried blood crusted the right side of his face from the small cut on his forehead. There was a bruise forming along his cheekbone and his lip was cut open, more blood on his lip and chin. "What did they do?"

"Nothing," he said.

I narrowed my eyes, pressing my lips together. I hated this. I hated this hopelessness, this vulnerability we were in and I couldn't do anything. I didn't know what to do.

I got up and went into the bathroom.

"Sang?" Victor called out, some of his fear and worry seeping into my name.

"I'm just grabbing supplies," I said, digging out a first aid kit from underneath the sink. At least they had that. "The least they could have done was patch up the wound."

I heard a snort and some mumbling, but ignored it as I looked at what was inside. Basic supplies. Not anything I could use to get out of here.

I grabbed a cloth and damped it with warm water and then went back into the bedroom. Victor was sitting up all the way now, his eyes tracking me as I came closer. My heart thundered at his expression. At the anger simmering in the browns of his eyes, at the stiffness in his sloped shoulders.

"I hate this too," I said.

His frown deepened.

"I hate that we are here. That my father pretty much sold me to Vulcan. I hate that you're in the middle of it. I hate that I can't get you out of here."

"Sang," he said and grabbed my hips, drawing my closer to him until I was between his legs. "I don't want to be anywhere else but with you. At least here, I can help and I know that you're okay. Otherwise, my imagination would be coming up with a million different scenarios, all worse than being trapped in a bedroom. You're not hurt. That's all I want."

"But you are," I said.

"I was being stupid."

I shook my head, but didn't say anything as I washed his face, getting all the blood off. Then I cleaned out the wounds. "Not deep," I sad.