Chapter 10

And the last update of the day! Thank you for reading. Please comment and let me know what you think!

***

Nomad Rule #3: Sleep with your back to a wall

**| Sang's POV |**

I led them to a public bathroom.

"Go inside and get clean," I told them. "Shave, too." I looked at Marc who was starting to grow in some scruff around his jaw. It made him look more handsome and I was curious about what he would look like with a full beard but it wouldn't work for my purposes.

They gave me questioning glances but I just went inside the woman's bathroom. I made quick work of washing my body, using the sink. I then used a two-in-one hair product to clean my hair. I brushed out all the tangles, blinking back tears from all the yanking. Then I braided my hair down my back.

My hair was getting too long now, reaching down to my butt. I would have to cut it soon.

I pulled out my nicest outfit. It was still used clothes and well worn, but it was passible.

The boys were already waiting for me when I came out.

"Holy shit," Gabriel said, taking me in when I came out.

"Wow," Luke said, his eyes glazing over.

I looked at them confused. I didn't think I looked that much different. I did smell better and I got rid of all the dirt on my skin.

"You don't look as shitty as you did," Marc said and I giggled.

He looked like a college student now without the beard and they all looked so much cleaner. Even their clothes were nicer. I wouldn't even know they were homeless if they hadn't told me. They were still so fresh.

"Thank you," I said. "Are you ready?"

They nodded.

"So what are we doing exactly?"

"With schools in session, a lot of college students do overnighters at a couple of coffee shops I know. We are going to blend in and accidentally fall asleep in them. I even have a bag of textbooks nearby I'm going to grab so we look like we are studying."

"She's fucking brilliant," Gabriel said, staring at me.

I shrugged. "We do what we can to survive. I also have some extra cash so we are even going to buy a drink. They hate us less when we buy something from them."

"Please tell me their coffee is fucking delicious. I need good coffee," Marc said. I could tell he liked this idea a lot.

"I've heard good things so I think you'll like it."

Luke snorted. "He's pretentious when it comes to coffee. He thinks only his is the best."

"It is," Marc defended.

I giggled and continued to laugh as they bickered all the way to one of the coffee shops. I ducked into the alley and uncovered a hidden spot where I kept the heavy bag of textbooks. I came back and led them into the warm shop. The smell of fresh coffee beans assaulted my nose and my stomach grumbled. I pulled out the last of my cash and ordered drinks, not even asking them what they wanted. I made them go claim one of the tables in a corner.

I got Marc a mocha coffee. Not one with added chocolate syrup but a coffee made with mocha beans that gave it a more natural chocolate flavor. I couldn't see him enjoying it any other way.

For Luke, I ordered him a Ginger Bread Hot Chocolate. He loved chocolate and the hint of ginger made you feel like you were eating a ginger bread house.