Chapter 39

Look KristieCornell, a celebratory chapter. Go Pats! After that ending, I thought, why not! Enjoy.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

"Sang," Ailee sang out.

"Hmm?"

"How are you feeling?" she asked, rubbing my shoulders. My face was still pressed into the hotel pillow as I slept.

"A lot better," I mumbled, telling her the truth. I no longer teetered between being too hot or too cold, and I didn't have any nightmares about my past. I felt good, not great, but alive at least.

She laughed. "I'm glad."

The bed shifted as she got off and I could hear her moving around the room. I turned and watched as she threw clothes into her bag, along with her makeup and bathroom things.

"Why are you packing?" I glanced out the window. No signs of the sun so that meant it was still nighttime. "Ailee? What is going on? What time is it?"

She sent me a tight smile. "Friday morning," she replied.

"Really, because I don't think the sun knows that yet."

"It's four in the morning." She came over and tugged me to my feet. I swayed a little but not because everything was dizzy like the last two days.

I reached out and grabbed her arm to get her attention. "Ailee, what is going?"

She frowned and looked at the floor, her cheeks turning pink. She was embarrassed. "He wanted me to do something I didn't want to do and I said fuck no. He isn't happy so I figured we better bounce before he decides to cock up some story about stealing his card to pay for our room or something. I'd rather not be seen getting kicked out by security. You can't live shit like that down."

I stared at her, taking note of the fear hidden in her brown eyes. She really was worried. "Okay," I said.

She blinked, probably expecting a different reaction. "That's it? Okay?"

I nodded and walked over to my bag, opening it. I pull out semi-clean clothes to change into in the bathroom. After taking a quick shower, just fast enough to rinse off, I pull on my clothes and leave the bathroom.

When I came out, Ailee was waiting for me at the front door. She wore tight skinny jeans that hugged her long legs and a crop top showing off her belly. The black boots went up to her upper calves with small heels on them. Her hair fell over her shoulders and as she ran a hand through it, I realized she must have been doing that for a while now. She was antsy as she shifted from foot to foot.

"Ready?" she asked.

I nodded.

She opened the door and stuck her head out long enough to look up and down the hall. "All clear," she whispered and before I really knew what was happening, we were making our way to the exit, taking the emergency stairwell instead of the elevator.

"Do you think he will come after you?" I asked, worried for her. She's had a few angry johns searching for her before. I shivered thinking about a particular mean guy and the bruises he left on her. And on me when I defended her.

We only got away with the bruises because some nomads came to our defense.

She snorted. "No. I don't think it's that bad. He's not so petty as to come after me because I said no. I just want to remove us from the situation to be careful."